Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee Is Now A Wrestler?!

King Colt

have you ever watched the pat mcafee show?  actually there is a video describing the whole thing on YT.  Being involved in wrestling is one of his childhood dreams and now that he is rich he is checking off some items on his bucket list.  he talks quite a bit about his adoration for the entire wrestling operation and what it stands for. 

I'd say Pat is an entertainer and is going to entertain however he can for sure. He is very vocal about his love for wrestling and after tonight I am sure there will be more to this story. Not everybody gets to live their childhood dreams but I am happy for Pat as he checks off his boxes. 

27 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I actually can't understand why anyone watches "professional" wrestling.

Just my opinion.  Don't really care that Pat is involved.  I still won't watch.

Eh, I can't understand why anyone would watch amateur wrestling, baseball, golf, darts, reality TV, CSPAN, etc, etc, etc.  

The great thing is, I don't need to understand, and no one cares what I do or don't watch.

31 minutes ago, gspdx said:

I actually can't understand why anyone watches "professional" wrestling.

Just my opinion.  Don't really care that Pat is involved.  I still won't watch.

Some people can't understand why anyone watches football. Different people like different things.

Just now, Indyfan4life said:

Some people can't understand why anyone watches football. Different people like different things.

Baseball is boring but the post season is intense. When the Cubs won it all, that was the greatest thing I have ever seen besides Colts winning it all in 2006, but I am a Cubs fan. I give him Darts, or something like Bowling, even Soccer to me is unwatchable. Watching dudes run up and down the field for 90 minutes and score 1 goal and win 1-0 is comical. Now If i had bet on a game, it would be different :thmup:

He did good. He’s put in the work to be good. He’s worked really hard with Rip Rodgers to learn how to move and be safe in the ring. He’s a natural at getting over with the fans. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him work more matches in the future. He’s got what it takes to be a decent wrestler, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for most of the rest of the WWE/AEW rosters these days. 

26 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He did good. He’s put in the work to be good. He’s worked really hard with Rip Rodgers to learn how to move and be safe in the ring. He’s a natural at getting over with the fans. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him work more matches in the future. He’s got what it takes to be a decent wrestler, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for most of the rest of the WWE/AEW rosters these days. 

Pat's entrance with 7 Nation Army and the crowd singing along was fantastic. The fact they did the "by way of Indianapolis, Indiana" during the entrance was fantastic.

12 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Pat's entrance with 7 Nation Army and the crowd singing along was fantastic. The fact they did the "by way of Indianapolis, Indiana" during the entrance was fantastic.

His allegiance to Indianapolis and the Colts is great to see. Every single time!

I agree 100%.

....But it's Entertainment for some, just like watching a TV show or movie...they are all scripted and it's ok, especially if people realize wrestling isn't a sport, it's scripted entertainment. And they Legally describe themselves as "Entertainment" not a sport. Wrestling and the NFL are the only ones that legaly list themselves as "entertainment" instead of as a sport. :thinking:

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree 100%.

....But it's Entertainment for some, just like watching a TV show or movie...they are all scripted and it's ok, especially if people realize wrestling isn't a sport, it's scripted entertainment. And they Legally describe themselves as "Entertainment" not a sport. Wrestling and the NFL are the only ones that legaly list themselves as "entertainment" instead of as a sport. :thinking:

Yeah I've been down the rabbit hole of conspiracies with NFL ownership and fixing games with gambling profiteers in Las Vegas. Those facts along with the NFL listing themselves as entertainment, not strictly a competitive event, is eyebrow raising if you buy into that stuff. That said, it's well known the mob paid to fix (championship) games in the MLB....

9 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Eh, I can't understand why anyone would watch amateur wrestling, baseball, golf, darts, reality TV, CSPAN, etc, etc, etc.  

The great thing is, I don't need to understand, and no one cares what I do or don't watch.

Well depending on your age advertisers care but that’s it lol

13 minutes ago, life long said:

Yeah I've been down the rabbit hole of conspiracies with NFL ownership and fixing games with gambling profiteers in Las Vegas. Those facts along with the NFL listing themselves as entertainment, not strictly a competitive event, is eyebrow raising if you buy into that stuff. That said, it's well known the mob paid to fix (championship) games in the MLB....

Mob?    Fix championship games?    Well known?    You mean other than the 1919 Black Sox scandal?    Was there another?   

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Mob?    Fix championship games?    Well known?    You mean other than the 1919 Black Sox scandal?    Was there another?   

Well considering that is a widely known fact, yes that is what I was referencing. Do you believe the one time it's been known about, was the only time it's been done? I doubt that very much. 

1 hour ago, life long said:

Well considering that is a widely known fact, yes that is what I was referencing. Do you believe the one time it's been known about, was the only time it's been done? I doubt that very much. 

Ok.   The Black Sox scandal.   Just checking.  

Thanks. 

As for whether it’s happened again….   Mob influenced….   I have no idea.   I hope not. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 12:16 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

So are all the movies and most of the TV Shows you watch. Also, wrestling is scripted and predetermined, not fake. Carry on though.

Scripted and premeditated is the definition of "fake" if we're talking about "sports".

Not saying professional wrestling doesn't require hard work or skill. 

PS.... I have a pic of me as a tiny kid with D the Bruiser and BB. 

Archived