Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts QB Watch Party

RollerColt

1 minute ago, Dr. T said:

Interesting, but if we were to get Jimmy G, why did we not hire him already? If we are not interested in Ryan, waiting for Watson won't matter.

Maybe the 49ers are asking more than the Colts were willing to offer up?

and this guy thinks, when the dust settles, the SF and Indy will reach a deal?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I want the best quarterback I can get for  the least amount of cost in picks and cash.   Picks being more valuable.  

And I’ll trust the judgement of Frank and Chris as to who that will be.   I’ve heard plenty about Mayfield, both good and bad, so I have no real dog in the fight. 

If we go with Ryan, fine.  
If we go with Baker, fine. 
If we go with Winston, I’ll be ok, but concerned. 

Everyone else, the Mariotta’s of the world, we can wait on until the rest is hashed out. 

If u pick Mayfield how do u explain that decision the fans and media? We r hearing that the Colts got rid of Wentz not just because of his play but apparently not taking well to vlcoaching. Now u r willing to take a chance on another guy who has the same profile.  Rocket arm, athletic, turnover machine, not like by his team mates and lack of leadership.

13 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

If your plan calls for an excess of patience and you rush gungho into decision making, i'd argue that your plan has failed. I think their plan seems to call for a lot of patience rather than overpaying for average. Considering what they got for Wentz, and what San Fran cant get for Jimmy, i think patience is the right choice. 

It sounds mean but the fact is when you have a team cornered, dont let them escape. Same thing on game day, stomp them into the ground. Why rush into a decision? Whats the benefit? Keeping the fans quiet? (which won't happen, it'll just give fans something to argue about)

You very well could be right. Patience might end up being the best play here. But, there is also a risk the Colts could end up with none of the QB's they originally targeted. In that case, I would view that as a failure. But, maybe the Colts front office are good with that. If so, they will likely be targeting someone in the April draft. We don't know any of this for sure because we are not privy to what Ballard's original goals were when he got rid of Wentz. Time will tell we hope.

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Maybe the 49ers are asking more than the Colts were willing to offer up?

and this guy thinks, when the dust settles, the SF and Indy will reach a deal?

The only qb that I feel offers any chance of getting to the play offs is Ryan. Perfect fit for the Colts. I do not want Jimmy. It would be like watching last season all over again. Did u watch any of San Frans games? They took the ball out of his hands because he made stupid throws.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Now who do the colts get?

The butcher who carves the best ham sandwiches. 

Or Baker Mayfield, but he's the one QB that I think would give Irsay/Ballard/Reich nightmares of Wentz.  Who knows.

Archived