Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 34th pick...

With the 34th overall pick...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If all of these players were on the board at No. 34, who would be your first choice?

• Coby Fleener
    • Alshon Jeffery
    • Janoris Jenkins
    • Jayron Hosley
    • Doug Martin
    • Reuben Randle
    • Other (specify below)

If not Jenkins, if Gilmore falls I will take him in a heartbeat

His stock's rising. He's pretty much Jenkins without the character issues. I would love to take him if he fell. Sadly, I don't see it happening.

His stock's rising. He's pretty much Jenkins without the character issues. I would love to take him if he fell. Sadly, I don't see it happening.

He's not close to Jenkins in talent. On talent alone you'd have to take Jenkins of Gilmore every single time.

Grigson might be looking to build up the trenches. Wouldn't suprise me he he drafts OL. Could go OC with Konz. OG with Zeitler, Osemele or Silatolu. OT with Adams or Massie. I guess it all goes down to how much Grigson likes the guys we have starting right now. Got to keep Luck upright and healthy.

I like the idea of snagging Zeitler. It may not be the most exciting pick, but one thing can always be sure: Added talent and depth on the O-line won't hurt us.

Offensive Lineman sounds good I just feel like we could score one to be taught later in the draft

It seems like that's the case with every position. If not Fleener, there's Green or Egnew. If not Jenkins or Hosley, there's Boykin or Wade. If not Randle or Jeffery, there's Quick, Jenkins, Broyles, Streeter. Really I guess BPA regardless of position is the way to go to see if we can strike gold.

Now I never played football but Corner and and Wide Receiver seems like 2 of the 3 hardest positions to play in football right behind Quarterback, why? well for one with Corner your running backwards at full speed and have to stop in a blink of an eye and attack a wide receiver thats athletic as you or more athletic, Wide receiver cause of the number of routes that their are to run and you have to know them or the timeing is all thrown off and I got one more, Center, because if your hiking the ball and responsible for a guy right on top of you as well as picking up blitzes thats hard as heck

It seems like that's the case with every position. If not Fleener, there's Green or Egnew. If not Jenkins or Hosley, there's Boykin or Wade. If not Randle or Jeffery, there's Quick, Jenkins, Broyles, Streeter. Really I guess BPA regardless of position is the way to go to see if we can strike gold.

but the difference with Jenkins and those other Corners is more then likely Jenkins can start right off if needed (which I think it is) as far as Tight End goes, whatever Tight End is drafted is an instand starter regardless of if its Charles, Egnew, and so on and those will go later in the draft

Janoris Jenkins is better than Hosley, BUT Hosley doesn't have bad character issues. I would take Hosley over Jenkins any day of the week b/c of that. Pacman Jones was a great college CB, but had bad character. Where's his career? It will be the same way with Jenkins! **** Your Attitude determines your Altitude***** Sometimes looking at BPA also means examining the person character + their performance.

Which would you rather have?

Hill. He has great potential, and would provide a (healthy) deep threat to stretch the field. I think coming to Indy would be best for him. The only team I think would take him before us would be the Texans, and they would want immediate performance. In Indy, he can learn from Wayne, and not be expected to win and perform really well at first. I don't see anything special in Randle, he's not big or fast, doesn't have glue hands or Welker esque route running. He was in a run first O with bad QBs, tho.

Janoris Jenkins is better than Hosley, BUT Hosley doesn't have bad character issues. I would take Hosley over Jenkins any day of the week b/c of that. Pacman Jones was a great college CB, but had bad character. Where's his career? It will be the same way with Jenkins! **** Your Attitude determines your Altitude***** Sometimes looking at BPA also means examining the person character + their performance.

Jimmy Smith had character issues as well, Id say that turned out decent for the Ravens to this point, if we started looking for squeaky clean guys only, then were gonna wind up a worse team then we are now, if ya wanna win ya pick the best player available based on your needs if ya need depth you wanna go depth and teach these guys then ya go with Hosley, personally I want my starter now because we have all kinds of #2 Corners or Slot Corners, Heck our #1 hasnt proved hes a #1 yet

Here's the problem with your statement. A) It's not a fact that it will be the same way with Jenkins and B) You can't predict the future.

This pick is really difficult. As much as I like Jeffery and Hill, we could get a playmaking receiver in later rounds IMO. We can always use depth, but I think we'll be able to steal a 1st round talent to make a big impact right away. The appeal of Jenkins keeps growing because he would be a huge payoff if he really has straightened out. His talent is undeniable for sure.

Jimmy Smith had character issues as well, Id say that turned out decent for the Ravens to this point, if we started looking for squeaky clean guys only, then were gonna wind up a worse team then we are now, if ya wanna win ya pick the best player available based on your needs if ya need depth you wanna go depth and teach these guys then ya go with Hosley, personally I want my starter now because we have all kinds of #2 Corners or Slot Corners, Heck our #1 hasnt proved hes a #1 yet

Jimmy Smith didn't have any where near the character issues that Jenkins has or Pacman for that matter. Smith was more overconfident of himself than he should have been, but he was/is a good CB. i never said anything about only getting squeaky clean guys, that won't work if you want the best Team possible. Getting the next Pacman Jones will be detrimental though and i think Janoris Jenkins is the next Jones. I would rather have Casey Hayward over Hosley or Jenkins, but not at #34. As do I.

Here's the problem with your statement. A) It's not a fact that it will be the same way with Jenkins and B) You can't predict the future.

A) yea, i shouldn't say "it will be the same way with Jenkins", but i believe it most likely will be the same way with Jenkins.

B) the US Dollar will be no longer used as the Reserve currency of the world soon; a Global currency will replace the dollar; a Food Crisis, Financial Crisis and Energy Crisis will be created at the same time forming a "Perfect Storm", so US citizens will dissolve their Constitution allowing Canada, America and Mexico to become a North American Union; and finally there will be a "Trident Missile Failure" along the East Coast. Go ahead and save this part so you can look back at it as each one of these occurs :)

Jimmy Smith didn't have any where near the character issues that Jenkins has or Pacman for that matter. Smith was more overconfident of himself than he should have been, but he was/is a good CB. i never said anything about only getting squeaky clean guys, that won't work if you want the best Team possible. Getting the next Pacman Jones will be detrimental though and i think Janoris Jenkins is the next Jones. I would rather have Casey Hayward over Hosley or Jenkins, but not at #34. As do I.

uh its funny ya say Jenkins wont be the next PacMan Jones but you compare Jenkins to him, better look at Jones wrap sheet Jenkins is actually nowhere near the level of him and yes he could be but he also could straighten up Ill risk it

I believe Fleener and Jenkins are both gone before our pick in the 2nd. Not crazy about Jenkins anyway as I believe he will struggle with the larger receivers in the game. My heart tells me Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd (even though I think he goes in the 1st), but my head says Mohamed Sanu.

I think Sanu is the ideal fit for the Colts offense. Given his perceived lack of straight line speed (4.62), he could really excel in precision route running offenses. He does have a good burst out of his break and is a beast of a down field blocker. He also has great hands. While I think Jeffrey is not doubt more talented, I think Sanu is a safer pick (again, I think A.J. is gone).

Firmly believe we need to invest that 2nd pick in a WR if the right talent is available. Sanu doesn't seem to be getting a lot of play, but I am thinking that is because he went to Rutgers and really came on last year.

I believe Fleener and Jenkins are both gone before our pick in the 2nd. Not crazy about Jenkins anyway as I believe he will struggle with the larger receivers in the game. My heart tells me Alshon Jeffery in the 2nd (even though I think he goes in the 1st), but my head says Mohamed Sanu.

I think Sanu is the ideal fit for the Colts offense. Given his perceived lack of straight line speed (4.62), he could really excel in precision route running offenses. He does have a good burst out of his break and is a beast of a down field blocker. He also has great hands. While I think Jeffrey is not doubt more talented, I think Sanu is a safer pick (again, I think A.J. is gone).

Firmly believe we need to invest that 2nd pick in a WR if the right talent is available. Sanu doesn't seem to be getting a lot of play, but I am thinking that is because he went to Rutgers and really came on last year.

I feel what you mean. I love the idea of getting Jeffery. I'm also sold on Ryan Broyles being a high-reward type pick in the late rounds so I wouldn't be too discouraged if we decided to go another direction in round 2. there's a lot of depth at WR in this draft.

I don't mind that pick either because it would solidify our OL for years to come. Castonzo, Zeitler, Satele, Ijalana + insert name @ RT sounds like a young OL core that could be top teir for years to come.

Back when we actually had a solid o-line, we averaged well over 100yds per game rushing and our offense was really something to see...i wouldnt mind, if we pick an o-line guy here...but hafta wait n see how the draft shapes up, they could be available with our 3rd pick, also...

with that said, i do NOT think that Ijalana will be moved to OG...Jeff Saturday said that he wouldnt be surprised at all to see Ijalana end up as our starting LT and Castonzo moved to RT...he said that Ijalana is that talented...he just needed brought up to speed because he faced lesser talent in college.

Back when we actually had a solid o-line, we averaged well over 100yds per game rushing and our offense was really something to see...i wouldnt mind, if we pick an o-line guy here...but hafta wait n see how the draft shapes up, they could be available with our 3rd pick, also...

with that said, i do NOT think that Ijalana will be moved to OG...Jeff Saturday said that he wouldnt be surprised at all to see Ijalana end up as our starting LT and Castonzo moved to RT...he said that Ijalana is that talented...he just needed brought up to speed because he faced lesser talent in college.

when did we average well over 100 yards per game?

2006 Dominic & Addai totaled over 1700 rushing yards. Also perhaps in 1999, 2000, 2004, 2005 when Edgerrin had 1500+ rushing yards in each of those seasons. Boy he was freaking great.

I liked Rhodes alot to I think we should have hung on to him

I'm going Alshon Jeffery. If he would have had Garcia all year he'd be as valued as Blackmon and Floyd. See stats from 2010. It addresses our need for a WR to eventually replace Reggie and gives Luck a player to build a relationship with for years to come. I like Fleener, but he's a 3rd Rounder in any other draft...the TE's this year just aren't that great. Jenkins is a great talent but too many issues off the field, and on the field to take him in the top of the 2nd. I'd take Doug Martin as well. People laugh, but he's gonna be the next Ray Rice. If the Colts plan to install a system that has a lot of run and play action...we'll need a lot better than Brown/Carter.

Jenoris Jenkins. NO QUESTION. He's the best player on that list by a country mile. He's had some off-the-field issues, but that's why we got a tough coaching staff, right? The few games he got to play against elite WR's (A.J. Green, among them), he completely shut them down. He's fast, with great athleticism, tight form and technique, and was the 2nd best CB of this class behind Claiborne.

If Jenkins somehow falls this far, we would be dumb not to take him. Especially in favor of a tight end.

Jenoris Jenkins. NO QUESTION. He's the best player on that list by a country mile. He's had some off-the-field issues, but that's why we got a tough coaching staff, right? The few games he got to play against elite WR's (A.J. Green, among them), he completely shut them down. He's fast, with great athleticism, tight form and technique, and was the 2nd best CB of this class behind Claiborne.

If Jenkins somehow falls this far, we would be dumb not to take him. Especially in favor of a tight end.

No...route running and technique are the reasons we have a coaching staff. Personality is not coachable. That's why prisons exist. He couldn't shut Alshon Jeffery down. Actually, there are a couple good shots of Jenkins getting blazed (no pun intended) by Jeffery in this highlight reel...(2:17 and 3:42)

uh its funny ya say Jenkins wont be the next PacMan Jones but you compare Jenkins to him, better look at Jones wrap sheet Jenkins is actually nowhere near the level of him and yes he could be but he also could straighten up Ill risk it

Are you even reading what was written? "Getting the next Pacman Jones will be detrimental though and i think Janoris Jenkins is the next Jones." So maybe before you make a comment you should read the text again! Jenkins isn't a NFL CB yet, so he doesn't have the $$ that Pacman Jones had. When Jenkins does have NFL $$$ his bad character will (most likely) worsen and he will (most likely) have a similar (not exactly the same) rap-sheet as pacman. He could straighten up his act, but he's had years to do that and he hasn't because his bad actions are a reflection of who he is. Most people don't change their bad habits until life's pressures are Big enough to make them change. Some people even under pressure don't change though. They blame others for their problems instead of looking at a mirror to see the real problem-maker. Jenkins has good performance on the field, but his bad attitude and resulting bad actions off the field will limit him in his NFL career unless he changes and that is the true risk/reward. I wouldn't risk it and that is where you and I disagree.

I'm going Alshon Jeffery. If he would have had Garcia all year he'd be as valued as Blackmon and Floyd. See stats from 2010. It addresses our need for a WR to eventually replace Reggie and gives Luck a player to build a relationship with for years to come. I like Fleener, but he's a 3rd Rounder in any other draft...the TE's this year just aren't that great. Jenkins is a great talent but too many issues off the field, and on the field to take him in the top of the 2nd. I'd take Doug Martin as well. People laugh, but he's gonna be the next Ray Rice. If the Colts plan to install a system that has a lot of run and play action...we'll need a lot better than Brown/Carter.

Good one.....Not sure if you saw Garcia play last season, but it wasn't pretty. He was not consistent and ended up harming the team with his on field play the last couple of games he played before he was dismissed.