Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else?

bleed blue4life

33 minutes ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

Did anyone else think Frank should have tried Sam in the game in the second half ?

I don't think so.  We were in a playoff game scenario.  And if they did that in the middle of the game, they would have signaled to him that they had lost all confidence in him.  Philadelphia 2.0.  Now, they really may have lost confidence in him.  But you're not going to broadcast that to him in the middle of the game, and expect the possibility of his return the following season.

I don’t get the love affair with Sam.  I mean I want him to do well but he’s a rookie sixth round pick who hasn’t played a meaningful down in the NFL and couldn’t beat out Eason in the pre-season for the back up job.  I think the ceiling for Sam is as a back up QB, which isn’t nothing, but I don’t think he’s the next Tom Brady in waiting or anything.

43 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t get the love affair with Sam.  I mean I want him to do well but he’s a rookie sixth round pick who hasn’t played a meaningful down in the NFL and couldn’t beat out Eason in the pre-season for the back up job.  I think the ceiling for Sam is as a back up QB, which isn’t nothing, but I don’t think he’s the next Tom Brady in waiting or anything.

He did beat out Eason, that's why Eason was released the moment Sam was able to come off IR

16 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

He did beat out Eason, that's why Eason was released the moment Sam was able to come off IR

Eason got released because he came in and stunk against the Rams.  Eason started the last pre-season game and had out played Sam to that point in the pre-season.  Eason was going to be the back up and then came out and made two just horrible passes vs the Rams and they went in a different direction.  

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Eason got released because he came in and stunk against the Rams.  Eason started the last pre-season game and had out played Sam to that point in the pre-season.  Eason was going to be the back up and then came out and made two just horrible passes vs the Rams and they went in a different direction.  

Don't you wonder 'why' so many of our quarterbacks stink? Maybe we have an endemic problem that has nothing to do with the quarterbacks?

29 minutes ago, Matabix said:

I thought Wentz should've been pulled at half-time in the Raiders game. He was missing wide open players.

Not having a veteran backup is the reason he was not.  You would have thought Ballard would have learned that lesson by now.  Instead he goes with a 6th round rookie.  Dumb.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He played like 3 snaps against the Rams...

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Well yeah. Just saying it’s not like he played an entire game. 

I know but he was so bad in the little he played he was demoted from back up after the game.  Remember they were going to use Hundley the following week and not easy had Caron not been able to play.

Reich even talked about it being a hard message for Eason to take.

Archived