Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Predictor/Simulator (538): Colts #11 in AFC, and 38% of chance of playoffs

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Absolutely. The real struggle for us has been coming back from like 14 or something to get to the top ten. If you can get on top of these other teams like LV and Denver and Cleveland, it’s much easier to keep ahead of them.

I think the Bengals will get in. I think if anyone is going to collapse it will be the Ravens or Titans. Wouldn’t be shocked if either ended the season as Wild Card teams

Yeah if the Chiefs don't win I will literally throw my lamp out my window haha . That would be a fluke if Denver beats them. Mahomes is 11-0 against them and a Denver loss would help us a ton.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Absolutely. The real struggle for us has been coming back from like 14 or something to get to the top ten. If you can get on top of these other teams like LV and Denver and Cleveland, it’s much easier to keep ahead of them.

I think the Bengals will get in. I think if anyone is going to collapse it will be the Ravens or Titans. Wouldn’t be shocked if either ended the season as Wild Card teams

I think Bengals collapse. Burrow is playing hurt and their schedule is tough. Ravens may collapse as well but it's better for us if they win

I am proud of how this team has fought their way back into things.  Now there's two playoff type matchups ahead with New England and then at Arizona and honestly they need to win both to put themselves in a good spot with two winnable games to finish the season out vs Vegas and Jax.  I feel like losing either of these games will probably end up costing them a playoff berth.

Having a bye week gives them a nice advantage vs New England.  I like our chances in that game for that reason, as well as the run/pass balance they've had during this stretch.  So hopefully we'll be 8-6 after this next one.

1 minute ago, Boondoggle said:

I am proud of how this team has fought their way back into things.  Now there's two playoff type matchups ahead with New England and then at Arizona and honestly they need to win both to put themselves in a good spot with two winnable games to finish the season out vs Vegas and Jax.  I feel like losing either of these games will probably end up costing them a playoff berth.

Having a bye week gives them a nice advantage vs New England.  I like our chances in that game for that reason, as well as the run/pass balance they've had during this stretch.  So hopefully we'll be 8-6 after this next one.

NE has. Bye week too.

48 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Seeing the Pats with the number one seed currently just feels wrong. Good thing they have a tough schedule. Bengals losing wasn’t the worst thing either. Colts really couldn’t lose with whoever won that game.

If Chiefs get that one seed I would not want to go to NE and play. 

7-0 Chiefs 

We can go to new England and play but need to win

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I know Kyle Murray is on another level but colts have done well with keeping mobile QB contained lately. 

It is not Kyler Murray I am worried about, their D is very underrated and might be the reason the Cardinals are in the SB, IMO.

Just now, Stephen said:

Taylor has to have a big game to beat cards

I think we can keep up with them. We are scoring more pts per game. I haven’t paid much attention to how good their defense is. From what I understand their pass defense is pretty good but run defense not so much. 

Denver is staying in this game.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Broncos get it on 4th and 7 Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends- the way this day is going the Broncos will probably have 4th and 29 and get 30 for the win. Comical. No way in hell should Denver win this game. 

That was a fluke drive that ended in 0 points :funny:

When it is all said and done, the 3 losses to the Ravens, Titans and Bucs will take us from a certain division winner to a team desperately trying to make the playoffs in week 17 with a little help. We have no one but ourselves to blame. 

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will let Chloe break it down but if Denver loses where do we stand? @Wentzszn

We’d move ahead of them but up only to 9th. Harbaugh pulling a frank and coming up short tonight put us behind the Steelers for another week. 

There’s no realistic way to the 5th seed. That one will wind up going to the AFC East runner up. 

Its kind of hard to see the Chargers falling out. With games against the Giants, Texans, and Raiders (whom they’ve beaten once already) they’d have to really collapse. Not impossible, but improbable. 

The Bengals have a tough schedule to finish out, so they’re in the same boat as we are as far as margin of error goes. We need them to lose as many as they can. 

The Steelers have a moderately tough schedule, and without Harbaugh to gift them wins every week they probably stumble enough to let us past between now and the end of the season. 

We’ll be either the last team in or the first team out. 

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

When it is all said and done, the 3 losses to the Ravens, Titans and Bucs will take us from a certain division winner to a team desperately trying to make the playoffs in week 17 with a little help. We have no one but ourselves to blame. 

Seems like every team in the afc Is fighting for the division. But that Titans load was a killer because we would have the division lead right now. We would be tied with the tiebreaker I believe.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

We’d move ahead of them but up only to 9th. Harbaugh pulling a frank and coming up short tonight put us behind the Steelers for another week. 

There’s no realistic was to the 5th seed. That one will wind up going to the AFC East runner up. 

Its kind of hard to see the Chargers falling out. With games against the Giants, Texans, and Raiders (whom they’ve beaten once already) they’d have to really collapse. Not impossible, but improbable. 

The Bengals have a tough schedule to finish out, so they’re in the same boat as we are as far as margin of error goes. We need them to lose as many as they can. 

The Steelers have a moderately tough schedule, and without Harbaugh to gift them wins every week they probably stumble enough to let us past between now and the end of the season. 

We’ll be either the last team in or the first team out. 

That Chargers win and Steeler wins were killer.  Chargers might get one more loss. 

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Seems like every team in the afc Is fighting for the division. But that Titans loss was a killer because we would have the division lead right now. We would be tied with the tiebreaker I believe.

Yep, JT in the flat open vs Pittman in triple coverage, Wentz throws to Pittman, we just needed a FG to win in OT. Backed up, Frank calls a pass to the flat, pick six for Titans. 

Where were the reverses we called for Hines and Pittman today vs the Bucs when we needed it most? It is not hard to see the 2 RB formations work well for us with variations against lots of teams. 

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That Chargers win and Steeler wins were killer.  Chargers might get one more loss. 

I expect the Chargers to win the AFC West when it is all said and done. Chiefs have a short week game on Thursday night at the Chargers, which favors the home team typically. Plus, the Chargers have beat them before, so more pressure on the Chiefs. Chiefs have to play desperate Steelers and Bengals teams as well, not sure it bodes well for them to be anything but a wild card. The only useful thing the Chiefs and Chargers can do for us is for both of them to win to put Broncos and Raiders out of the picture, just like the Ravens can do so vs Bengals and Steelers. 

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I expect the Chargers to win the AFC West when it is all said and done. Chiefs have a short week game on Thursday night at the Chargers, which favors the home team typically. Plus, the Chargers have beat them before, so more pressure on the Chiefs. Chiefs have to play desperate Steelers and Bengals teams as well, not sure it bodes well for them to be anything but a wild card. The only useful thing the Chiefs and Chargers can do for us is for both of them to win to put Broncos and Raiders out of the picture, just like the Ravens can do so vs Bengals and Steelers. 

That would be bad for the colts. 

Just now, chad72 said:

The Colts are what have been bad for the Colts, given how much they have shot themselves in the foot. If they don't make the playoffs, they would have deserved it, IMO. 

What’s in the past is in the past. All we can do is look to what’s ahead. Having KC not win that division would be very bad.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

What’s in the past is in the past. All we can do is look to what’s ahead. Having KC not win that division would be very bad.

Honestly cues falling out of playoffs would be good they are greatest threat in afc to us

Archived