Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Predictor/Simulator (538): Colts #11 in AFC, and 38% of chance of playoffs

EastStreet

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think they do as 6-5 is a better win percentage than  7-6. Oops ... this was suppose to be in reply of if the Steelers move ahead of us with a win.

I think they are ahead of us. I supposed the Broncos beat the Chiefs 100-99, the Steelers winning that game was robbery, they got a PI call that was non sense at the end. You go Big Ben whoooo Hoooo. Steelers aren't doing jack crap, the league needs to realize.

We just need to run the table, screw the Refs and the league.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Steelers still have a tough schedule. Vikings, Titans, chiefs. We are going to have to be Titans fans.

depends if the titans lose to the jags the division is back in play .   they will be 8-5 going into the steelers a lose against them we could have the same record if we beat the pats

If we can (somehow) run the table, the South is still up for grabs too. Assuming we won our last four, we would need the Titans to lose three of their last five. The Titans have the 49ers, Steelers, Dolphins, Texans, and Jags. I think they lose to the first three, but we’ll see.

Assuming the Ravens make the playoffs, I don’t think they’ll go far. They have looked awful the last four weeks, losing to mediocre Dolphins and Steelers teams and barely beating a mediocre Browns team and an awful Bears team. They have too many injuries to string together a Super Bowl run. Same with the Titans, I think they’ll fold early now that the league has figured out they’re a one-dimensional offense without Henry. I think the real competitors in the AFC are the Chiefs, Pats, Bills, Bengals, Chargers, and us, and the Bengals and Chargers waver between world-beaters and trash fires every other week.

Just now, coming on strong said:

i think theres a solid chance both the bengals and steelers lose

That Steelers defense comes to play but it is in MN. Bengals will depend on Burrows finger. SF didn’t look great today.

Just now, coming on strong said:

they lost their good corner and mixon got hurt also he is a top three back . 

Did Mixon finish game or come back?

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the patriots game is a playoff game i hope the colts take in seriously . if they win they will have like a 80 percent chance at the playoffs

IMO to make the playoffs you can’t afford more than one loss in the final four games. Lose two or more and we’ll need a miracle

4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

It’s based on win percentages, not records. The Steelers win percentage is .541 while ours is .539. It sucks, but that’s the way it is

If we finish 10-7 and they finish 9-7-1 we will get them. They wont win at Baltimore or win at KC so after looking at their schedule I have calmed down. Baltimore will be playing for the division and seeding + revenge, KC is KC lmao 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need the Chiefs to beat Denver tonight.

Absolutely. The real struggle for us has been coming back from like 14 or something to get to the top ten. If you can get on top of these other teams like LV and Denver and Cleveland, it’s much easier to keep ahead of them.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

No Steelers will get in probably. Bengals should collapse, browns should as well.

I think the Bengals will get in. I think if anyone is going to collapse it will be the Ravens or Titans. Wouldn’t be shocked if either ended the season as Wild Card teams

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Correct, the weak side, so we agree.  Paye is better suited for the strong side.  Now Dayo, talk about a swiss army knife!  Can play both ends, 3 tech, and NT on obvious passing downs, love the kid :).  
    • When you write...Only you have these views...that is singling out me from some group you have in mind.  The word Only does that.  Including the word VIEWS, it suggests that you are singling out my views from a group.  That would be the consensus.  It appears that you don't remember what you wrote.   I said that teams have their TOP 250 ranked Prospects pretty much the same, because the evaluation process uses the same inputs and metrics, give or take some weighting, and based upon if its the top 30 prospects or the last 220 to 250 prospects.  I said their draft boards could be different, and gave an example of having their #12 ranked prospect, JJ McCarthy, ahead of their #3 ranked prospect MHJ on their draft boards.  So what you said about draft boards...like anybody pays attention to you over 13 years...probably doesn't disagree with what I said either...so relax.   This comment seems full of itself.  It doesn't read like a 50/50 disagreement of opinions.  Approaching someone who has a different opinion by TELLING them its has gobs of flaws looks more like an 85/15.  Sorry, but neither I nor many on this board are going to treat you like the 85/15 knowledgeable guy you want to be treated like (and some others here).  You just haven't earned the chops.   Hmm.  You "explained to me"...and so did others?  There goes that 85/15 relationship you...and others...sort of demand.  And you...and others...haven't earned.  And BTW, you didn't even get my opinion right.   This thread should not be talking about opinions you think I've had the past two years...not sure why they are relevant.  But you are not representing them correctly so they need to be corrected (I'm sure everybody cares to read it. LOL)   As far as Woods:  I never said Ballard got lucky with Woods at 73.  I said Ballard overvalued Woods relative to other teams at 53.  Ballard's own words in his own draft day video showed him debating who to take at 53...AP or JW...and he finally says "lets go with the wide-out".  And then Woods fell to 73, where Ballard stopped him from falling who knows how far by picking him.  So him debating closely to take JW at 53 shows he strongly considered taking him at 53 when he did not have to strongly consider it.   As far as Raimann.  I did not ignore the age thing that you..(and others?)...explained to me.  I discarded it for being bad.  Every GM E.V.E.R.Y one of them would have been glad to spend a first round pick on a 25 year old LT who is playing like a top 10 LT and have that player under a rookie contract for 5 years (except the GMs who already had an All-Pro at LT).  EVERY GM who's team needed an LT as badly as the Colts probably would have traded up from 53 to get him...if they knew what he would be this early.  Being 25 is completely irrelevant.  LTs have longevity, and they still have to deal with a second contract.  They'll gladly take the top 10 play for the next 5 years (lets see) over the risk of what he will be like 5 years from now.  The same player evaluation process that prevails throughout the NFL failed Raimann.  And Ballard got lucky that such a good player was able to be picked with his third pick of the draft.     Hmmm, as if NO ONE explained to me?  Who would that be?  Just another guy on the forum?   Or the ones with 5 figure post counts that feel that their role is to explain stuff to others?     Saying Ballard got lucky is not negative nor is it belittling.  Especially when I also say that ALL GMs get lucky, which I exampled by mentioning Polian/Mathis, Polian/Saturday, NE/Brady, and Lynch/Purdy...etc.   They all get lucky.  I'm sorry that you feel putting Ballard in the same Commoner bucket as all other GMs belittles his Majesty.   Which is what Ballard tended to support by his own words that said "nobody knows how this stuff (the draft day activities...rankings, draft board, and draft pick trades) will play out".     Sorry, but for what...7 years...you have been trying to sell this notion of Ballard being Smart and right...like there is a bright line separation between those GMs who are, what, dumb and wrong?  Ballard has sort of deflated the idea that there is a bright line between GMs.  BTW, the great John Lynch sure did mess up that Trey Lance trade up didn't he? Good thing he got lucky with Purdy pick to sort of bail him out of the important QB position issue. 
    • Latu will occupy the side where he is rushing the passer. That is his job. To get to the qb!!  I am not sure who will go where. I expect Paye to play LDE and I am not sure where Sam and Dayo will line up. I really wouldn't be shocked if Paye isnt even a starter to open the season on the left side. I think what will be clear is Latu will be starting and those other 3 will be doing a lot of switching around but I do think Dayo will become a starter soon into the season
    • I do think the entire dline will take a step forward with an experienced dline coach this year. It’s very exciting to have someone with so much experience. 
    • People act like he had one or two sacks all season.  He had almost ten. 
  • Members