Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans @ Colts, October 17, 2021, 1:00 PM ET (12 Noon CT)

NFLfan

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Ok I will say I was wrong about TY lol. He is playing a ton. These deep throws are going to open up the run game.

Hopefully we'll spend most of the 4th Quarter gashing them with the run, and protecting a large lead.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Ok I will say I was wrong about TY lol. He is playing a ton. These deep throws are going to open up the run game.

He'll probably start playing less snaps for a bit, but his presence has definitely been felt.  He just energizes the offense and stretches the coverage.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are still giving up way too many easy short passes that the Texans are getting 5 and 6 yards on.

It's by design at this point ...and it's absolutely freaking dumb.  They young guys catch on sooner argument..... Uh....do we not have enough guys in their second and third years to take this thing to the next level?  IS there another level of play calls and schemes Flus?!?

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Mills is just hitting the short routes.  Coverage has not been terrible this drive.

We have been giving them 5 yards whenever they want, I wouldn't say it's terrible but it is bad how easy we are letting a rookie QB march down the field.

Just now, SchlicterSZN said:

It's by design at this point ...and it's absolutely freaking dumb.  They young guys catch on sooner argument..... Uh....do we not have enough guys in their second and third years to take this thing to the next level?  IS there another level of play calls and schemes Flus?!?

I agree I hate it, we stopped them here, almost a pick.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

We have been giving them 5 yards whenever they want, I wouldn't say it's terrible but it is bad how easy we are letting a rookie QB march down the field.

They’re taking away the deep threats. You force them to make more plays that are shorter which in turns allows for more plays which means more opportunities for them to mess it up or we get a sack/TO. 

4 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Hard to even call it a scheme, it's a "let them have points and hope Blackmon or Leonard force a fumble" scheme if anything.

This is exactly right. Every time these players talk it’s about how they didn’t get enough turnovers. Just play good defense. Turnovers are nice but you can’t rely on them.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

They’re taking away the deep threats. You force them to make more plays that are shorter which in turns allows for more plus which means more opportunities for them to mess it up or we get a sack/TO. 

Bingo.  And they're absolutely cool with 11 play drives ending in FGs.  That last drive was a win across the board for the team and staff.  They won't rip guys because that's what the D is supposed to do.  Now, we fans hate it u less there's a big play or a misfire by the O.... But as long as we win, who cares.  

My god. Campbell is out one catch and he's done.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

True in the middle of the field.  lbs play 15 yards off the line in coverage is a recipe for good gains.

They even blitzed and it was easily picked up.

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived