Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Granson injured?

WoolMagnet

I saw we brought in 3 TEs for a look-see.

I thought i remembered Granson had one or 2 catches.  First of the year i think.  I also seemed to remember him taking a pretty big hit.  harder than usual.

I also noticed Doyle and MO were playing the last snaps so i kinda used deduction.

Anyone hear anything out there in Indy?

Remember, kids:  If your starter is injured, don't play the backup who got reps in preseason.  Find someone else who hasn't practiced at all, and start them.  For some players, "Next man up" doesn't apply to them.

(For those about to point out that Granson wasn't the starter, I know he wasn't.  I'm just making a grouchy and humorous point by introducing Eason into this situation.  It's comedy.)

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I saw we brought in 3 TEs for a look-see.

I thought i remembered Granson had one or 2 catches.  First of the year i think.  I also seemed to remember him taking a pretty big hit.  harder than usual.

I also noticed Doyle and MO were playing the last snaps so i kinda used deduction.

Anyone hear anything out there in Indy?

I can speak to Doyle and Mo playing the end.

1.  They are ahead of him on the depth chart.

2.  They are the blockers where Granson is more of a down the field play maker and they were mostly running at the end.

Interestingly enough, one of the TE's we brought in was Jordan Matthews that has bulked up a little and is trying to revive his career as a TE. Considering his biggest issues as a WR were his lack of speed to create separation on the outside, a move to TE may be a great idea for him. I wouldn't be opposed to brining him in, but I'm not sure there's room at the moment in our TE room.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think he was one of the three brought in.

I was just about to say that. He was one of the 3. From what I can find, he's 6'7" 244 lbs, played football in high school, and was offered a scholarship to Iowa State, but went to Nebraska to play basketball instead (ended up transferring to Iowa State). At least he has some football experience, and hopefully MAC can help him learn how to translate his basketball experience to the TE position.

Archived