Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas vs Tampa Bay game tonight

Myles

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

He has such big mitts too you would think he’d catch everything  

Seems like he catches great when not in traffic, but loses all concentration with footsteps around him.

That INT off his hands that led to a score really hurt. 

Would love to see him get a TD for the win, and a little redemption.

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Was it in doubt? When Dallas threw and stopped the clock under 2 mins.. it was over then. 1:24 with Brady automatic win... Well the offensive pass interference helped too

Yep. I knew Dallas left too much time. Against Tom leaving more than a minute usually means a loss is coming. He only needed a FG and 1:24 is too much time. Pats fans watching Brady to Gronk has to be eating at them though, lmao 

3 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

He retired already and only played in 266.  Duh.  Lol 

The GOAT is called the GOAT because as we have witnessed again tonight despite a bad show by the defense and stupid penalties by TB in general the Goat struck again and brought them back to victory.

6 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The GOAT is called the GOAT because as we have witnessed again tonight despite a bad show by the defense and stupid penalties by TB in general the Goat struck again and brought them back to victory.

Eventhough I love doing lists, doesn't really matter who the GOAT is. I am fine with Tom having that label. He is great. I am satisfied with Peyton's career as well, the only thing I would want back is the Saints SB loss but he still won 2 SB's, 1 SB MVP, and 5 League MVP's. Peyton is on the Mt Rushmore of QB's with Tom and Montana, and I would say Unitas. So no matter how one looks at it, Peyton is in with the elite. Nobody will ever win 5 AP League MVP's like Peyton did you can bet on that.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eventhough I love doing lists, doesn't really matter who the GOAT is. I am fine with Tom having that label. He is great. I am satisfied with Peyton's career as well, the only thing I would want back is the Saints SB loss but he still won 2 SB's, 1 SB MVP, and 5 League MVP's. Peyton is on the Mt Rushmore of QB's with Tom and Montana, and I would say Unitas. So no matter how one looks at it, Peyton is in with the elite. Nobody will ever win 5 AP League MVP's like Peyton did you can bet on that.

Nobody ever said he is not great but not the greatest.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You dont have Otto Graham on Mt Rushmore, wow.  Made title game ever single season he played with 7 championships and 3 runnerups in his 10 seasons (No one will ever touch that feat, Brady pales by comparison ). Highest winning % in NFL history at 81% , most yards per pass attempt for career at 8.63....Only knock is he only played 10 seasons

33 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

You dont have Otto Graham on Mt Rushmore, wow.  Made title game ever single season he played with 7 championships and 3 runnerups in his 10 seasons (No one will ever touch that feat, Brady pales by comparison ). Highest winning % in NFL history at 81% , most yards per pass attempt for career at 8.63....Only knock is he only played 10 seasons

If I put Graham on who do I take off, It would have to be Unitas IMO. It can't be Peyton because he has won the most League MVP's and won a SB with 2 different teams. I wouldn't take Brady off either, he has won 7 SB's and been to 10. Montana was 4-0 in SB's and never threw an INT. That leaves Unitas. I choose Unitas over Graham, statistically he was better and he won 4 League MVP's + 2 NFL Championships and a SB. Maybe it is bias but I lean toward guys that played in the SB era more. Unitas was better IMO.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I put Graham on who do I take off, It would have to be Unitas IMO. It can't be Peyton because he has won the most League MVP's and won a SB with 2 different teams. I wouldn't take Brady off either, he has won 7 SB's and been to 10. Montana was 4-0 in SB's and never threw an INT. That leaves Unitas. I choose Unitas over Graham, statistically he was better and he won 4 League MVP's + 2 NFL Championships and a SB. Maybe it is bias but I lean toward guys that played in the SB era more. Unitas was better IMO.

I can't edit, too late but I meant to type in Unitas won 3 League MVP's, 1 during the SB era. Still as many as Brady and Rodgers won. I miss type when I type fast.

5 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Bucs isn’t this juggernaut some people make them out to be. That secondary is shaky and injured. Plus it’s really hard to repeat to begin with.

They put up 31 points and that was with 4 TOs. Their offense is definitely a juggernaut. The secondary is a different story. They may have a lot of shoot outs this season.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Graham won 5 MVP's in 10 seasons to go along with his 7 championships and 3 runner ups. Most successful QB in Pro football History. Love me some Johnny U dont get me wrong and yes always a  bias toward players who played more recently (It still boggles my mind  how Wilt Chamberlain the greatest NBA player ever by a wide margin is left out of the GOAT debate between Mike and Lebron though 20 years from now likely either Mike or Bron wont be forefront in the new discussions) but Otto is the forgotten man IMO.

3 hours ago, FortheWin said:

They put up 31 points and that was with 4 TOs. Their offense is definitely a juggernaut. The secondary is a different story. They may have a lot of shoot outs this season.

Yeah but that’s not balanced which is the reason I’m picking them not to win the NFC this year. 

34 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Graham won 5 MVP's in 10 seasons to go along with his 7 championships and 3 runner ups. Most successful QB in Pro football History. Love me some Johnny U dont get me wrong and yes always a  bias toward players who played more recently (It still boggles my mind  how Wilt Chamberlain the greatest NBA player ever by a wide margin is left out of the GOAT debate between Mike and Lebron though 20 years from now likely either Mike or Bron wont be forefront in the new discussions) but Otto is the forgotten man IMO.

All good points, I never forgot Otto and I have him in my top 10 QB's of all-time, it would be crazy not to. Some of Otto's accomplishments were done when the league was considered the AAFC, he actually only won 3 League MVP's when the league was considered the NFL and 3 NFL Championships. He and Unitas are equal on both. Statistically he doesn't measure up to Unitas either. One reason why I don't have Bradshaw in my top 5 or so QB's is his stats were mediocre (despite winning 4 SB's), Unitas had better stats than he did and he played in the 50's and 60's in his prime years.

Regarding the NBA I have LeBron 4th. Magic was better than LeBron and that was just by the eye test. Magic was more efficient = 52% FG's/85% FT's for his career. LeBron is at 50% FG's and only at 74% FT's. His FT shooting wasn't near what Magic's was. You couldn't foul Magic late in games when he drove to the basket, you can LeBron - critical element. Magic also has won more Championships 5-4 (Magic won 5 in only 12 seasons played). Magic did it in the 80's when you had 4 other teams that were stacked in Boston, Philly, Detroit, and Houston. The Lakers even had to deal with Jordan in 1991. League MVP wise, LeBron has Magic by one = 4-3, pretty even. I could even argue that Magic got ripped off and should have 4. He got ripped off in 1985 when they gave it to Bird that is one year I remember. I have Kareem 3rd ahead of LeBron, Kareem has arguably the greatest resume in basketball history, 6 Championships, 6 League MVP's, and all-time scoring leader. He also had the most unstoppable shot in NBA History - the Skyhook.

By the way Wilt was better than Russell and Russell won 11 Championships but many don't realize 8 of Russell's Championships, he only had to win 2 series. It was easier to win back when he played. Wilt was clearly the better player individually and stats back that up.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All good points, I never forgot Otto and I have him in my top 10 QB's of all-time, it would be crazy not to. Some of Otto's accomplishments were done when the league was considered the AAFC, he actually only won 3 League MVP's when the league was considered the NFL and 3 NFL Championships. He and Unitas are equal on both. Statistically he doesn't measure up to Unitas either. One reason why I don't have Bradshaw in my top 5 or so QB's is his stats were mediocre (despite winning 4 SB's), Unitas had better stats than he did and he played in the 50's and 60's in his prime years.

Regarding the NBA I have LeBron 4th. Magic was better than LeBron and that was just by the eye test. Magic was more efficient = 52% FG's/85% FT's for his career. LeBron is at 50% FG's and only at 74% FT's. His FT shooting wasn't near what Magic's was. You couldn't foul Magic late in games when he drove to the basket, you can LeBron - critical element. Magic also has won more Championships 5-4 (Magic won 5 in only 12 seasons played). Magic did it in the 80's when you had 4 other teams that were stacked in Boston, Philly, Detroit, and Houston. The Lakers even had to deal with Jordan in 1991. League MVP wise, LeBron has Magic by one = 4-3, pretty even. I could even argue that Magic got ripped off and should have 4. He got ripped off in 1985 when they gave it to Bird that is one year I remember. I have Kareem 3rd ahead of LeBron, Kareem has arguably the greatest resume in basketball history, 6 Championships, 6 League MVP's, and all-time scoring leader. He also had the most unstoppable shot in NBA History - the Skyhook.

By the way Wilt was better than Russell and Russell won 11 Championships but many don't realize 8 of Russell's Championships, he only had to win 2 series. It was easier to win back when he played. Wilt was clearly the better player individually and stats back that up.

Actually the AAFC was an NFL rival on equal footing, when the Browns and other merged they won the NFL title the very first season showing what the squad was made of.

Wilts seasonal number averages were better then most could do an individual game, he had one season where he averaged more then 48 minute a game when games were only 48 mins long (Ot minutes).

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Actually the AAFC was an NFL rival on equal footing, when the Browns and other merged they won the NFL title the very first season showing what the squad was made of.

Wilts seasonal number averages were better then most could do an individual game, he had one season where he averaged more then 48 minute a game when games were only 48 mins long (Ot minutes).

Wilt once averaged 50 points and 25 rebounds a game lmao . That is video game numbers. Centers wise I don't even have Russell 3rd. Just ranking Centers I have Kareem 1, Wilt 2, Shaq 3, Russell 4. Russell was a great defensive player and rebounder but his offensive play lacked compared to those 3 guys. Yeah I respect Otto and have him in my top 10 but just not sold on the Mt Rushmore thing. I am not even being biased because Unitas was a Colt, I just think he was better. I wasn't a Colts fan until they moved to Indy.

Sorry for getting off topic guys but this thread is slow anyway :thmup:. Wilt deserves to be top 5 is my thinking. Kareem's resume was just so damn great and Jordan, Magic, and LeBron as far as position players were the best in their era.

This thread is a gonner but @holeymoley99 my top 10 NBA players and top 10 QB's would be:

NBA

1. Michael Jordan

2. Magic Johnson

3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

4. LeBron James

5. Kobe Bryant - he was a lot like Jordan, not as great though

6. Wilt Chamberlain

7. Larry Bird

8. Shaq O'Neal

9. Bill Russell

10. Oscar Robertson

QB's

1. Tom Brady

2. Joe Montana

3. Peyton Manning

4. Johnny Unitas

5. John Elway

6. Otto Graham

7. Aaron Rodgers

8. Drew Brees

9. Brett Favre

10. Dan Marino

-I know putting Elway in front of Otto will pee you off but this is all opinion and this is why I love these debates. I have studied all these QB's and Elway was unreal. I have Otto 6th. I had to put Marino in the top 10 based on stats, talent, and he won an MVP. He lost to Montana in the SB he played in, no shame in that. He is the Karl Malone of football. Karl lost to Jordan twice in the finals but is the 2nd leading scorer of all-time.

-Kobe is Top 5 IMO, he 3-Peated which is rare in the modern era, Jordan's Bulls are the only other team that has done that since Russell did it in 1966. I get a kick out of people saying Kobe was a volume shooter that LeBron was better because he was more efficient. Kobe wasn't a volume shooter, he had killer instinct and wanted to shoot period. I agree that LeBron is the better all-around player hence I have him 4th and Kobe 5th. Here is where I am leading into this, who was more efficient Magic or LeBron. lmao Magic was I rest my case. Magic won Finals MVP as a freakin rookie scoring 42 points, 15 Rebounds, 8 Assists at Philly againt a loaded a team. That will never be done again, Magic was actually more efficient than Jordan but Jordan was so overwhelming of a scorer and was 6-0 in finals so he is the GOAT. I can see that.

My lists can be nit picked I get it, it's all opinion but most will agree who I have in the top 10's - they just may disagree with the order.

Archived