Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

General Injury Updates Thread

EastStreet

What is a flare up? Weird injury designation. Before camp Nelson said he's had a couple of procedures/surgeries done this off season but refused to say what was operated on... I've seen some people speculate it was his back(this issue with his back has been popping up on injury reports for a while now). I really really hope this is not something serious. OLineman with a back problem doesn't sound good to me. :thmdown:

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

What is a flare up? Weird injury designation. Before camp Nelson said he's had a couple of procedures/surgeries done this off season but refused to say what was operated on... I've seen some people speculate it was his back(this issue with his back has been popping up on injury reports for a while now). I really really hope this is not something serious. OLineman with a back problem doesn't sound good to me. :thmdown:

He has had back issues since he entered the league. Disc issue. Maybe the offseason surgeries were just minor to try and help elevate pain and maybe he will need a more evasive disk surgery in the future. 

Nelson is too damn big.   His listed weight is 330.   But I seriously doubt he’s ever been that.   Before his second season, a story I read, Nelson admitted he played his rookie season at….  345.   He was hoping to lose a little weight from that.  

That extra weight is putting tremendous pressure on an already shaky back.   I’d love for him to be at 325, but I’m not holding my breath.   Way too many young players are convinced bigger is better.   (Sigh…)

4 hours ago, stitches said:

He had the same problem before the season opener last year.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He wasn’t on the inury report so he will be fine. Good thing he is a DB.

He's a DB who is known as a downhill enforcer, and struggles in coverage.

I'm sure he's a tough kid, but stiches in the hand just aren't good for an enforcer, or coverage guy.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Defensive backs have played with casts all the time. He just has stitches. It won’t effect his game.

OK lol.

Ever had stitches in your hand? Ever had you hand whack a helmet or get pinched on a hit. 

Hands/fingers are one of the most sensitive parts of the body. Mean he'll likely be numbed up. Numb hands aren't the best thing for a FS.

• Like 1