Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

General Injury Updates Thread

EastStreet

27 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich said he was a close contact and not positive though. If he was vaccinated he wouldn’t of been put on the list.

Not sure that's correct. I think you go on the list regardless. The difference is, unvax'd players must isolate minimum 5 days and have two negative tests. Vax'd don't have to isolate, and can come back to practice as soon as they have 2 negative tests at least 24 hours apart. Nelson went on the list 2 days ago, and returns tomorrow. Even if you count the day before they reported, that's still only 4 days if he comes back tomorrow. So I would think he's vax'd.

IDK.. more stuff that's clear as mud.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not sure that's correct. I think you go on the list regardless. The difference is, unvax'd players must isolate minimum 5 days and have two negative tests. Vax'd don't have to isolate, and can come back to practice as soon as they have 2 negative tests at least 24 hours apart. Nelson went on the list 2 days ago, and returns tomorrow. Even if you count the day before they reported, that's still only 4 days if he comes back tomorrow. So I would think he's vax'd.

Your info sounds correct but not sure either

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Nope. Close contacts don’t have to miss time if vaccinated.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Your info sounds correct but not sure either

I looked at the protocol PDF. They have a good matrix (flow chart) for unvax'd, but no matrix for vax'd lol.... but the unvax'd matrix didn't seem to fit Qs timeline. The timeline fits more for vax'd / negative / close contact

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Nope. Close contacts don’t have to miss time if vaccinated.

Q does not fit the timeline for unvax'd close contact. A player cannot return until the 6th day. Colts reported it the evening of the 26th. So 26-27-28-29 (today)-30 (he's returning tomorrow) would be 4 days if the clock started the 26th and only 5 if it started the 25th.

Here's the memo

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-memo-rules-new-covid-19-procedures-for-high-risk-close-contacts

And I'm not sure he had to "isolate". We just know he's on the list, which is only a reporting mechanism (and vax'd and unvax'd I believe have to be reported if positive, symptomatic, or just close contact)

IDK... Clear as mud, but the timeline clearly doesn't fit IMO.

10 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Rare injuries seems to be the trend for us. First Wentz and Nelson's feet now Ehlinger

The fact he tore  his ACL and didn’t require surgery is what made it rare. Will Carroll explained this on with Kevin Bowen the other day. Most of the time a player tears  it bad enough they are done for the season and need surgery.

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I heard wentz might be back at practice today . Can anyone verify this ?

Wait, I thought he was a bad teammate and was risking everyone and so on and so forth?! 3 days! Gosh...

I find most of this funny, and some of it vexing. 

• Like 3

There won't be an official injury report till next week IIRC, but here's a round up based on what has been published, and ESPN's injury summary......

I'll post updates if any come, and will do a full update as soon as the official injury report comes out. Maybe it's own thread for Game1.

• Questionable
    • Wentz - if he takes the majority of snaps on Wednesday, he's the likely starter
    • Odum - last we heard, working through concussion protocol
    • Woods - haven't seen any updates, but has been dealing with a hamstring for a few weeks
    • Carrie - no updates here either, but has been Q for 3ish weeks with a knee issue
    • Pinter - no updates here either, but has been Q for 3ish weeks with a foot. Seems to be out of the boot though
  • Don't know.... lol
    • Fisher - still on Covid list. Will need to cleared from that, then cleared by docs to come off pre-season PUP. Then will either be Active, Active then moved to IR, or moved to reg-season PUP (we don't want this)
  • IR
    • Hilton - no timeline after disc surgery (but typical disc recovery for low level cleanups is 3ish weeks)
    • Patmon - not sure exactly what the issue is, just "foot"
    • Ehlinger - "rare acl"...... we were told last week 5-6 weeks.
  • NFI (reserve non-football injury)
    • Dayo
  • Thanks 1

Just caught up on a few articles.

TE-Jack Doyle, DT-Antwaun Woods, DE-Kemoko, Turay and C-Danny Pinter missed practice on Thursday.

They are off for 3 days, return to work Monday, off Tuesday, then practice Wed-Fri

Not sure what Turay or Doyle's reasons were. Turay, Pinter, and Doyle were there, just not practicing. Woods wasn't there.

As far as injuries are concerned, Monday will tell us some, but Wednesday is the big day. I'm assuming they'll start the official Injury Report on Monday, but who knows, might not come till Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Wonder if Woods goes to ir and misses 3 weeks, we kept an extra D lineman.

Could be, but IMO they would have already pulled that trigger if they could (as it would have opened up a roster spot).

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

he's not playing Sunday... 

most likely week 2 or 3. It’s just hard to know what he has done behind closed doors. He could of been simulating a lot of practice in the facility m. Bur yeah a week won’t be enough practice time. We will see if he even practices yet. Ballard did say they would wait until he gets back and evaluate.

• Like 1