Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

General Injury Updates Thread

EastStreet

10 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t even know how long I will be able to watch lol. Although we lost the Steelers game I hope this turns out like that game was for a half. But Wentz isn’t rivers so we will see.

I am right there with you. A friend and I normally watch the game together and make a thing of it, but this week I told him I am just going to stay home and work on some stuff around the house. Just too poor of an on field product to get excited about. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 3:10 PM, Wentzszn said:

I hope we didn’t pay 100 million to a player who was supposed to have fixed his ankle to now have chronic ankle issues.

This is my fear. I fully expect to get bashed for this, but I was already worried Darius was overpaid for his talent level. I know Ballard is big on bringing back his own guys so I knew he would overpay Darius some. But if Darius has chronic ankle issues, his contract is gonna cause issues for awhile. 

8 minutes ago, Ratking said:

This is my fear. I fully expect to get bashed for this, but I was already worried Darius was overpaid for his talent level. I know Ballard is big on bringing back his own guys so I knew he would overpay Darius some. But if Darius has chronic ankle issues, his contract is gonna cause issues for awhile. 

His ankle issues go clear back to his rookie year so he does seem to have chronic issues.

29 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Well thats good news.
Without Willis and Rhodes would be a long afternoon (not that WITH Willis C2 is much better.. ).

Let's hope we played really conservative with Fischer and he's just ready to play football.

JD on the RT will not do much worse than "Smith W1 version" (assuming that horrible showing W1 was because of his injury).

3 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Well thats good news.
Without Willis and Rhodes would be a long afternoon (not that WITH Willis C2 is much better.. ).

Let's hope we played really conservative with Fischer and he's just ready to play football.

JD on the RT will not do much worse than "Smith W1 version" (assuming that horrible showing W1 was because of his injury).

I think Pryor might be playing RT.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Maybe if Fisher plays davenport plays RT. To tell you the truth we should just play Fries. He has experience at tackle and can’t be worse. 

After daven poets performance last week they should try Pryor see if he improved . If he struggles switch in daven port like they did last year with Clark and green .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Donr expect Leonard to play much this year. How did he have surgery in June and still not have it fixed.

That's very worrying about Darius. Potentially playing a whole season on an injured ankle could be dangerous long term. This sounds like a guy who is going to end up on IR.

Nelson needs to be careful too. Just because Wentz was able to get back by Week 1 doesn't mean he had to be either. He is a bigger guy anyway, it probably just took his foot longer to heal. He should just sit a game or two out until its fully ready instead of risking further damage.

That injury report is a disaster.