Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

General Injury Updates Thread


EastStreet
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

Sounds like Smith and Turay were the only ones to miss practice today too.

It’s getting to the point with Turay that Campbell is going to start looking at him and go man that guy can’t stay healthy.  
 

Smith clearly should have been put on IR.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s getting to the point with Turay that Campbell is going to start looking at him and go man that guy can’t stay healthy.  
 

Smith clearly should have been put on IR.  

If they feel like they needed the roster spot they would have. Fisher came back and two other tackles on the roster so it’s not a big deal. I am sure if there was someone out there that would help the team they would of. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah I did as well, until someone brought him up yesterday. He kind of mysteriously went on IR

He was playing on that injury so seems like he should be able to return soon. Wonder if he had a procedure to clean something up. If that’s the case it might be a little longer. I need Little Bo Peep to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, GoColts8818 said:

It’s getting to the point with Turay that Campbell is going to start looking at him and go man that guy can’t stay healthy.  
 

Smith clearly should have been put on IR.  

As Tony Dungy used to say “The Best Ability is Availability”.  Cannot see how these players that are continually unavailable or living on IR will get a second contract - despite their potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, GoColts8818 said:

It’s getting to the point with Turay that Campbell is going to start looking at him and go man that guy can’t stay healthy.  
 

Smith clearly should have been put on IR.  

Yeah, Smith probably needs surgery and they are trying to avoid it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just general from ESPN

 

Colts: Receiver Parris Campbell hurt his left foot after catching a 51-yard TD pass in the first half and did not return. Four-time Pro Bowl receiver T.Y. Hilton (quad) and cornerback Rock Ya-Sin (ankle) left in the fourth quarter and stayed out. Indy again played without right tackle Braden Smith (foot, thumb) and three-time All-Pro guard Quenton Nelson (ankle).

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s no way Campbell gets re-signed.  You can’t build an offense around someone who is rarely available.

 

His body can’t cope with playing in the NFL.  Has a history of foot fractures now.

 

Not his fault.  Feel terrible for him.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

There’s no way Campbell gets re-signed.  You can’t build an offense around someone who is rarely available.

 

His body can’t cope with playing in the NFL.  Has a history of foot fractures now.

 

Not his fault.  Feel terrible for him.

 

 

They will probably find his replacement this off season and he will be gone after 22. The backup thing this hurts the offense. Reich said they have to monitor Hilton this week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, GoColts8818 said:

It’s getting to the point with Turay that Campbell is going to start looking at him and go man that guy can’t stay healthy.  
 

Smith clearly should have been put on IR.  

No kidding!

They are probably trying to rehab an injury that really needs surgery.

DO THE SURGERY and get the guy on IR.

It's not like we are competing for a playoff spot any more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Injury report is encouraging for Titans game.  Looks like Smith, Turay, Ya-Sin are back.  Hilton and Rhodes were DNP for Wednesday, but possible to be good for game?  Overall, it looks like we're gonna meet the Titans as full strength as we can possibly be at this time.

I would probably wait another week for Smith. I would want a full week of practice first. Plus the next two weeks colts don’t have very many hard practices. Light practiced this week and we play Thursday night next week. Maybe bring him back against the jets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Injury report is encouraging for Titans game.  Looks like Smith, Turay, Ya-Sin are back.  Hilton and Rhodes were DNP for Wednesday, but possible to be good for game?  Overall, it looks like we're gonna meet the Titans as full strength as we can possibly be at this time.

 

I always put more stock in Thursday's PR. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Injury report is encouraging for Titans game.  Looks like Smith, Turay, Ya-Sin are back.  Hilton and Rhodes were DNP for Wednesday, but possible to be good for game?  Overall, it looks like we're gonna meet the Titans as full strength as we can possibly be at this time.

We have a lot of big "potential plusses"

TY will be huge at WR. at worst he'll take heat off Pitt. Great, elite last cut WR. 

RYS would be huge at CB. More than most think.

Smith is great, but Pryor is playing great. Like to see a shuffle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I would probably wait another week for Smith. I would want a full week of practice first. Plus the next two weeks colts don’t have very many hard practices. Light practiced this week and we play Thursday night next week. Maybe bring him back against the jets.

No. lol.

Depends of course how close Braden is.

I don't want to rush him back to fast, but he will open up a lot of possibilities if he's the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No. lol.

Depends of course how close Braden is.

I don't want to rush him back to fast, but he will open up a lot of possibilities if he's the same.

With the way Pryor is playing I think we have the luxury to make sure he is ready. Putting Reed on that right side also helps Pryor with the run game. I am just worried he will be rusty.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

With the way Pryor is playing I think we have the luxury to make sure he is ready. Putting Reed on that right side also helps Pryor with the run game. I am just worried he will be rusty.

Yup. 

We have are so unlucky in a few ways.

We are so lucky in a few ways.

Reed and Pryor are unexpected joys.

We now are faced with several positive choices.

Much better than negative choices.

There is a huge difference between negative and positive options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. 

We have are so unlucky in a few ways.

We are so lucky in a few ways.

Reed and Pryor are unexpected joys.

We now are faced with several positive choices.

Much better than negative choices.

There is a huge difference between negative and positive options.

If Smith could get a full week of practice I would be ok. But the only day they are really practicing this week is Friday. Then next week we play on Thursday so no real practice next week either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If Smith could get a full week of practice I would be ok. But the only day they are really practicing this week is Friday. Then next week we play on Thursday so no real practice next week either. 

#1.... they will get realistic practices in both weeks.. they know what is coming. it's only "us" and our eager lust for injury reports that want more. you and I are both fans of wanting more lol :thmup:

 

I don't want to rush Smith back at all, but he's had time. 

Either he's ready or not.

I do think they rushed Fisher back too early. I feel sorry for the guy.

 

So are they rushing guys back in general? IDK....

 

I still think he (Smith) needs shared reps unless he's bull-dozer ready. There's just no reason to start him out heavy with Pryor playing as well as he is. 

 

If Smith is ready to kill people, then I want to switch focus on LT.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...