Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

And so it begins...Leonard to miss start of camp.

Dingus McGirt

On 7/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, John Waylon said:

After the Luck debacle I get nervous be default when someone has a foot or leg issue and misses time in camp. 

On 7/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, John Waylon said:

After the Luck debacle I get nervous be default when someone has a foot or leg issue and misses time in camp. 

Rocking Back And Forth Family Guy GIF

Fortunately,  most all players are stronger mentally dealing with football and pain than luck was.

Leonard will be back and be back soon no doubt. He won't be satisfied being known less than the best linebacker in the league.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, Four2itus said:

As I was watching the Tour De France recently, I had a thought......

...it wasn't about who was the best athlete, it was about who could endure the most pain.

Luck was a wonderful QB, tough, articulate, and fearless. I think he just got tired of the pain. I hold zero issue with him hanging it up. Never-ending pain sucks, I don't care how much money is involved. I had sever lower back pain for 15 years and it finally healed. I wouldn't revisit that for ANY amount of money. 

Everyone is a individual and has the right to deal with whatever the way they wish. But quitting 2 weeks before the opener was just terrible timing, especially being the starting QB.  That's NOT THE WAY to walk away from your team, imo.

When I was a lot younger I was very much involved with playing sports. 

My cousin and I favorite sport was Jai-Alai and it was each our best sport. We were considered Top Amateur players. 

Being a insulin dependent diabetic didn't make it easier, lol, but it didn't stop me. Neither did a chronic sore right arm. Strapping on & slinging a cesta for hours is not easy on the arm.

I played in pain almost throughout our sessions,  which were usually 2-4 hours depending on court availability. I did what I could to help with pain, icing,heating, Advil before,during, and after.

Not to mention the cost of renting out the court and other expenses..if we got hurt, all medical expenses were on us..

Like many weekend warriors....

We played because we loved it, and we did it for free...  regardless of pain, injuries, expenses, and dangers..A pelota can reach speeds of 150mph!!!  

Today, a lot older, i still love playing sports despite health issues and lower back pain I still manage a round or 9 holes of golf and accommodate my brother in tennis who loves playing.

Like I said first, everyone is a individual and can deal with pain like they want.

I'm confident that Leonard will deal with his current and future injuries & pain differently than Luck.

10 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I think Luck will be remembered a bit more than RG3 and Pennington. But I don't have a problem with him retiring. It was a choice he made...and he takes responsibility for that decision. 

HUH? I don't know 1 person that would think that and I have never heard of that comparison. Luck was better than both those guys. RG3 had 1 very good/great year - his rookie year, outside of that he was bad. Luck had 4 real productive seasons = 2012-2014, and 2018 where he was borderline great. Pennington was average, maybe above average - he didn't stink but Luck was much better when healthy. Actually I would compare Luck more to a Bert Jones, short career but was very good/great while he played. Neither won a SB but had a few solid years. Jones did win League MVP once but Luck had MVP type numbers in 2014 and had more playoff wins.

11 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I think that will be true for Colts fans but I say fans of other teams, especially NFC teams will forget about him much sooner. They didn’t have to face him more than twice and he didn’t accomplish much career wise in the grand scheme besides a few good seasons. Especially if the Colts start to become contenders with Wentz. A decent example may be Dante Culpepper.  Great start to his career but ended early bc of injuries.  Not forgotten but not discussed much outside the MN and perhaps Miami fan base

For what it’s worth I remember him, and connections with Moss were pretty spectacular.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

HUH? I don't know 1 person that would think that and I have never heard of that comparison. Luck was better than both those guys. RG3 had 1 very good/great year - his rookie year, outside of that he was bad. Luck had 4 real productive seasons = 2012-2014, and 2018 where he was borderline great. Pennington was average, maybe above average - he didn't stink but Luck was much better when healthy. Actually I would compare Luck more to a Bert Jones, short career but was very good/great while he played. Neither won a SB but had a few solid years. Jones did win League MVP once but Luck had MVP type numbers in 2014 and had more playoff wins.

The comparison was made in the comment I responded to. I certainly didn't make it.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I don't know where that comparison comes from at all. Luck was a huge deal coming in, way bigger than RG3 or Pennington. And his retirement rocked the NFL. No one is forgetting about Andrew Luck anytime soon.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, Four2itus said:

...it wasn't about who was the best athlete, it was about who could endure the most pain.

Luck was a wonderful QB, tough, articulate, and fearless. I think he just got tired of the pain. I hold zero issue with him hanging it up. Never-ending pain sucks, I don't care how much money is involved. I had sever lower back pain for 15 years and it finally healed. I wouldn't revisit that for ANY amount of money. 

No word of a lie there. What did me in was when I took a break from things that were causing me so much pain. It's almost like when your body is taking that much of a beating it just adapts to it. Then when something happens where you have no choice but to take a break and get one thing fixed, your whole body just says "nope, I'm done".

On 7/26/2021 at 3:47 PM, Four2itus said:

3 things. Got a very firm couch that you can't sink down into...and put 2x6 pieces under the feet to get it up in the air so it's more like sitting in a chair. Next, spent the cash to get a very firm mattress on my bed without a pillow top. Last, traded in my Toyota Camry which sat very low to the ground.... in on a 2009 Ford Escape which is also like sitting up in a chair. 

I have recommended this to many folks. It was certainly life changing for me. 

I bought an '09 Escape for the wife. She loves it. Dude those are good vehicles. That same model run is still like every other car we see. Keep the oil changed and the tires rotated they will pretty much run forever.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:59 AM, JoeThornburg said:

No word of a lie there. What did me in was when I took a break from things that were causing me so much pain. It's almost like when your body is taking that much of a beating it just adapts to it. Then when something happens where you have no choice but to take a break and get one thing fixed, your whole body just says "nope, I'm done".

I bought an '09 Escape for the wife. She loves it. Dude those are good vehicles. That same model run is still like every other car we see. Keep the oil changed and the tires rotated they will pretty much run forever.

Yup and don’t drive like your at Bristol Motor Speedway.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, Four2itus said:

From my experience I agree. Ongoing pain can be a tough mental battle day to day. It can take a long time to learn how to make it through each day. Forty plus I suffered widespread nerve damage in upper left quadrant of body that affects shoulder, arm, neck, face with ever present pain and necessitated amputation of the useless arm. As hard as it was Luck did what he needed and had to do. No complaints about from me. But I sure miss him, the football player and the personality.

2 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

From my experience I agree. Ongoing pain can be a tough mental battle day to day. It can take a long time to learn how to make it through each day. Forty plus I suffered widespread nerve damage in upper left quadrant of body that affects shoulder, arm, neck, face with ever present pain and necessitated amputation of the useless arm. As hard as it was Luck did what he needed and had to do. No complaints about from me. But I sure miss him, the football player and the personality.

Your experience humbles me. I too miss Luck. Never one like him before, or likely after. He could have played LB/Hybrid 

8 hours ago, unitas2berry said:

Pain sucks.

Archived