Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nike Jersey Question

vinatierifan4

what do you think the $130 jersey will be like. did you notice the 100 dollar jersey has really long sleaves?

I liked all of them but I could settle on the 100 dollar one for quite some time, maybe Id eventually buy the 250$ one but Ill settle for 100, have no idea what the other jersey will look like

I liked all of them but I could settle on the 100 dollar one for quite some time, maybe Id eventually buy the 250$ one but Ill settle for 100, have no idea what the other jersey will look like

am i the only one making a big deal about the longer sleaves haha? and yeah, no theres no way how im putting 250 dollars in a jersey. its between the 100 dollar one and the 130. well for me anyway.

Personally, I feel like I need to spend the $250 to get the jersey that I need for my performance as a fan. The vent technology will keep me cool during the frustrating times that will be endured during the season and the fabric will repel or least keep me dry from any beer that I might spill on myself or get thrown at me. The Flywire design will prevent opposing fans from getting a grip on my jersey when I shout obscenities about their mothers. So I feel it's a good investment.

the "game" jersey looks like an oversize tshirt, no way id pay $100 for that, but im not surprised as their tshirts are price $30-$40, and even the elite jersey doesnt look that good to me, i guess id have to see it in person first

If the numbers and name aren't stitched on they always come off in the wash. The only jersey I'm interested in anymore is a blank one, never have to worry about that guy getting cut or traded. The best way to go is on ebay or the likes, get a seem ripper and remove the name and numbers. You can get authentic jerseys in thrift shops and online for $20/30 easy. How cool would it be for the entire stadium to be wearing nameless, numberless jerseys?

You can get authentic jerseys in thrift shops and online for $20/30 easy.

true, but how authentic are they really? I have 3 authentic, 2 bought from colts pro shop and one from NFL pro shop. I have one $40 authentic off of ebay. The differences are more than noticeable. The fabric used for the lettering, the name plate is flimsier, the NFL logo on the colar is really ugly (weird shaped football and more stars than normal), and the overall stiching isn't as good. After repeated washings over the years, my Manning/Bethea/Wayne jerseys are holding up MUCH better than my flimsy Freeney $40 one.

I'm going to end up getting an game day jersey. My wallet might hate me for a bit, but long term it will get over it :)

Agreed. Pay it with Straight Cash Homie.

I think I will have to probably go with the authentic one too. The game jersey looks like a better version of the ones you find at target for $20. They don't even have a picture up of the Elite one and it won't even be out till late June. Gonna have to go Authentic and get a Luck one.

If the numbers and name aren't stitched on they always come off in the wash. The only jersey I'm interested in anymore is a blank one, never have to worry about that guy getting cut or traded. The best way to go is on ebay or the likes, get a seem ripper and remove the name and numbers. You can get authentic jerseys in thrift shops and online for $20/30 easy. How cool would it be for the entire stadium to be wearing nameless, numberless jerseys?

That is why I got a custom one with my last name on it.

the "game" jersey looks like an oversize tshirt, no way id pay $100 for that, but im not surprised as their tshirts are price $30-$40, and even the elite jersey doesnt look that good to me, i guess id have to see it in person first

Yes indeed - I would never spend $100 on that jersey - even if it was $30 I wouldn't buy it - it looks horrible! I also agree even the $250 one doesn't look very impressive. IMO, the product that Reebok sold was much nicer! I wonder if the entire NFL is selling that junk or if its just the Colts?

Wait for the bootlegs and get an authentic for $45 or get a few different players for the price of one "real" jersey lol The bootleg Reebok authentics I have look like the real deal. I'm assuming the nike ones will be up to par

I'd love to see. All of the fakes I've seen are quite clearly fakes.

The best advice would be to hold off until you can see the various jerseys in person, so you can judge the quality and attributes of the three styles first hand..

Yeah you can't even get the authentic ones till after the draft anyway (27th).

Yes indeed - I would never spend $100 on that jersey - even if it was $30 I wouldn't buy it - it looks horrible! I also agree even the $250 one doesn't look very impressive. IMO, the product that Reebok sold was much nicer! I wonder if the entire NFL is selling that junk or if its just the Colts?

true, but how authentic are they really? I have 3 authentic, 2 bought from colts pro shop and one from NFL pro shop. I have one $40 authentic off of ebay. The differences are more than noticeable. The fabric used for the lettering, the name plate is flimsier, the NFL logo on the colar is really ugly (weird shaped football and more stars than normal), and the overall stiching isn't as good. After repeated washings over the years, my Manning/Bethea/Wayne jerseys are holding up MUCH better than my flimsy Freeney $40 one.

You really have to know what you are buying, from the collar right down to the stitching and exact color. There are a lot of good knockoffs out there for people that want to save and aren't too concerned with true authentic quality. The price of an authentic is high but all of mine are 10 years old or more and are still in nearly perfect condition even after all those years of tailgating and attending games. An authentic from the pro shop or nfl.com is worth the money if you have it. If not, a little searching will find an older authentic, and if you don't like the name and number on it, strip it and be a team first fan.

My authentic Reebok jerseys are great, still look new after 10+ years and I wear them. Haven't had one in my hand yet so I can't say for sure how good the Nike jerseys are but they don't look as sturdy. Doesn't matter to me because I have enough jerseys already, and I've never purchased any Nike products and don't intend to.

Its always better to get the authentic jerseys no matter what. The price is harsh but when it comes down to quality its worth it. Not a huge fan of nike but they are putting it down with the new gear. Also buying off ebay is always a risk they say authentic but you never know tool you receive them. I for one am getting a jersey, a pair of the new nike id shoes, and those sick new gloves. Better start saving now lol