Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Player's Numbers

CR91

What happened to Ernie Sims? I thought he had 55.

He was a FA that was not re-signed if i'm not mistaken. His number is up for grabs.

I had the same thought when Redding was signed and announced he would wear #90. Jamaal Anderson wore #90...he got signed to the Bengals a week or two later.

Quan Cosby needs to get a different number. 12 doesn't sound like WR, it sounds like QB. Same with the 11. Receivers should go back to the 80s, if available.

I don't if Cosby needs to be on the team at all lol. But I agree, it would be nice for some of them to move to 80's. Avery was 82 last season if i'm not mistaken. I don't see why he didn't take that...He needs to get a new domain name for his website!

Question for you guys....When we drafted Peyton, on draft day they already had the #18 jersey ready when they called his name.

Is this because he signed a contract before the draft?

No. They probably asked him what # he wanted if they took him.

They can always give away their number or sell it. Simple question to Cosby, " do you want a different number and stay, or would you like to seek work elsewhere?" Don't recall ever seeing him on the field or participating, though in previous years usually let my kids have my tickets for preseason games , probably go myself this year

Question for you guys....When we drafted Peyton, on draft day they already had the #18 jersey ready when they called his name.

Is this because he signed a contract before the draft?

Nope he wasn't signed, 'cause he held out for a day or two when camp opened..

i kinda dont like how Andrew Luck wears 12. It reminds me of Tom Brady...

I would say 17 so it could be Peyton 18 and Unitas 19.

But i forgot Austin Collie is 17...

I hope he picks #10, the number his dad wore for the Oilers.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 5, 2012 - inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, April 5, 2012 - inflammatory

I hope he picks #10, the number his dad wore for the Oilers.

I'm in favor of that as well, just to spite theses jokers. Well if jokers is a safe enough word to use in describing my view on the subject. I will not expand on that so any feelings aren't hurt.

Andrew-Luck-Colts-Jerseys.jpg

His Daddy wore 12 at WVA.

It's going to be 12.

i kinda dont like how Andrew Luck wears 12. It reminds me of Tom Brady...

I would say 17 so it could be Peyton 18 and Unitas 19.

But i forgot Austin Collie is 17...

I like 12, but it's a little over used. For the Colt's sake 17 is perfect for keeping the Unitas and Manning tradition going. Austin Collie can change his number, he's not that special.

I like 12, but it's a little over used. For the Colt's sake 17 is perfect for keeping the Unitas and Manning tradition going. Austin Collie can change his number, he's not that special.

Doubtful IMO. Collie is well known enough that he won't be asked to change. I see him wearing 12. Besides, our 12 will be better and greater than that whiner in NE...what's his name? Brody or Bundy... ... :D

I don't if Cosby needs to be on the team at all lol. But I agree, it would be nice for some of them to move to 80's. Avery was 82 last season if i'm not mistaken. I don't see why he didn't take that...He needs to get a new domain name for his website!

I think 82 is a retired number for the Colts.

I hope he wears #12. As much as I hate Tom Brady, he's had success. Better than #7, don't you think? (Curtis Painter)

When I think of #7 it is Bert Jones. End of story. Even with the horrible performance out of Painter, when I think of # 7, it is Jones all day long. Painter should have never been issued # 7 to start with.

They can always give away their number or sell it. Simple question to Cosby, " do you want a different number and stay, or would you like to seek work elsewhere?" Don't recall ever seeing him on the field or participating, though in previous years usually let my kids have my tickets for preseason games , probably go myself this year

He was signed in late December last season

I'd like to see him build his own legacy with a number other than 12. Not only Brady has it, but Rodgers as well. But #12 is pretty much his persona already. How many fans out there have Luck #12 jerseys?