Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard pays it forward

Dogg63

A feel good story. The tweet below is a bit short on accuracy, and the photo is tiny and hard to read, so here's a summary. Leonard was at the BMV in Carmel this morning and on his way out a private security guard in uniform handed Leonard some cash and said "let me buy your lunch." Leonard was masked with a hoodie and a cap, so he's quite sure the guard had no idea who he was. 

Leonard then found out who the guard is and is giving him and his family dinner and a Colts game. Leonard also then drove to a Cracker Barrel and paid for everyone's meal in the entire restaurant.

Sometimes a nice gesture means a lot more than you think!

Good on the officer, good on Darius.

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

A feel good story. The tweet below is a bit short on accuracy, and the photo is tiny and hard to read, so here's a summary. Leonard was at the BMV in Carmel this morning and on his way out a private security guard in uniform handed Leonard some cash and said "let me buy your lunch." Leonard was masked with a hoodie and a cap, so he's quite sure the guard had no idea who he was. 

Leonard then found out who the guard is and is giving him and his family dinner and a Colts game. Leonard also then drove to a Cracker Barrel and paid for everyone's meal in the entire restaurant.

Sometimes a nice gesture means a lot more than you think!

Good on the officer, good on Darius.

Chipotle bad...Cracker Barrel good.

12 hours ago, w87r said:

Leonard's a great guy, and an easy guy to root for.

Glad he is on our team.

Great story! Leonard is a good guy. I like his commercial with him and Jim Irsay.

Hopefully fans feel the same way about Leoanrd if he ever leaves the Colts. Fans were saying they loved Ebron a couple of years ago. I was surprised to read how sentiments had changed after Ebron left. 

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Great story! Leonard is a good guy. I like his commercial with him and Jim Irsay.

Hopefully fans feel the same way about Leoanrd if he ever leaves the Colts. Fans were saying they loved Ebron a couple of years ago. I was surprised to read how sentiments had changed after Ebron left. 

Ebron quit on the team though.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Paying it forward is a great concept.   Whenever you get the chance in your lifetime you should do it.     You never know how far out the ripple effect will carry.....

Just saying..... 

It is and if you do, don't post about doing it. It takes away from the act.

What I like about this even more. Leonard posted about the security guard who gave him money, not about going to Cracker Barrel and paying for everyone. Someone else brought that to light.

That is the way it is suppose to happen. Not to seek attention for your act.

One of the best sayings:.

Do things with good intentions, not to get attention.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

What I like about this even more. Leonard posted about the security guard who gave him money, not about going to Cracker Barrel and paying for everyone. Someone else brought that to light.

Why did the security guard give him money? (I need to research "Paying it Forward".)

On 1/22/2021 at 9:32 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Paying it forward is a great concept.   Whenever you get the chance in your lifetime you should do it.     You never know how far out the ripple effect will carry.....

Just saying..... 

The late, great Charley Pride had a good song about paying it forward.  Listen all the way through - little plot twist at the end!

Archived