Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Yahoo Sports Said About Wentz To Colts

King Colt

It depends on how desperate the Eagles are to trade him away.

Ā 

Because of his play it would be at this point difficult to replace Rivers on the Colts if Rivers wanted to come back.Ā Ā 

Ā 

On the other hand for the long term I think Wentz is about as good of a prospect as there is.Ā  He had periods of great play and only one bad year.Ā Ā 

Ā 

The contract might be a bit much to swallow but people forget that if the Eagles trade him away they have to pay his signing bonus.Ā Ā 

On 12/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, King Colt said:

Senior Yahoo sports reporter Charles Robinson was on Jim Rome this Monday morning and said theĀ Colts "would be crazy not to contact him about a job". I pray this does not happen. Maybe Hoody will take him.Ā 

His contract is to insane for BB and he is a project and very injury prone. IMO BB wants Jimmy G back if the 49ers cut him.

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

It depends on how desperate the Eagles are to trade him away.

Ā 

Because of his play it would be at this point difficult to replace Rivers on the Colts if Rivers wanted to come back.Ā Ā 

Ā 

On the other hand for the long term I think Wentz is about as good of a prospect as there is.Ā  He had periods of great play and only one bad year.Ā Ā 

Ā 

The contract might be a bit much to swallow but people forget that if the Eagles trade him away they have to pay his signing bonus.Ā Ā 

People are also talking about Derek Carr to the Colts... so there's that.

32 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ā 

I guess you figure there's a elite cant miss QB in 2022 draft and having Painter as our QB we will get the #1 overall pick. Lol

Yep and heā€™ll cost less than any of those 3 as well!

41 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Seems like there's a new Wentz thread everyday now

Ā 

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

The only way Iā€™d even remotely try to take on Wentzā€™s contract is if the Eagles gave me 3 number 1s.Ā 

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yep and heā€™ll cost less than any of those 3 as well!

The only way Iā€™d even remotely try to take on Wentzā€™s contract is if the Eagles gave me 3 number 1s.Ā 

Ā 

Actually I believe it was explained here the other day his contact wasn't outrageous and definitely doable and possibly a high draft pick in return.Ā 

The question is bringing back Rivers for 1 more year OR gambling on fixing Wentz and maybe having a Franchise QB in his prime for the present & future?

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ā 

Actually I believe it was explained here the other day his contact wasn't outrageous and definitely doable and possibly a high draft pick in return.Ā 

The question is bringing back Rivers for 1 more year OR gambling on fixing Wentz and maybe having a Franchise QB in his prime for the present & future?

Bring Rivers back

Take shot at Trask or Jones for 22

Ā 

BUT

and thats a huge but...

Don't trade up whatsoeverĀ 

Ā 

Jones is probably more likely infact

Trade back in 1st get extra 2 and draft Jones

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ā 

My statement stands

6 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If I was Ballard I'd go after Wentz hard and either draft a QB I like to compete with Eason or bring in 2nd tier veteran incase Wentz & Eason doesn't workout. The finances would be least of my concerns.

Wentz is broken and beyond serviceĀ 

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If I was Ballard I'd go after Wentz hard and either draft a QB I like to compete with Eason or bring in 2nd tier veteran incase Wentz & Eason doesn't workout. The finances would be least of my concerns.

Hard? That implies you are ok giving up high pick. Please clarify

On 12/21/2020 at 1:13 PM, King Colt said:

Senior Yahoo sports reporter Charles Robinson was on Jim Rome this Monday morning and said theĀ Colts "would be crazy not to contact him about a job". I pray this does not happen. Maybe Hoody will take him.Ā 

I pray it does not happen, either. These people have got to stop saying stuff like this. Can't let people speak this in to existence.Ā 

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ā 

The team that trades for him may get Wentz AND a pick. The team getting him doesn't give up anything,Ā They just take on his contract.Ā 

That's just what I heard.Ā 

No team just gives up picks or players for nothingĀ 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

No team just gives up picks or picks for nothingĀ 

except bill obrien lmao

7 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ā 

Maybe, maybe not??Ā 

But he's still young and healthy and many feel he's worth the gamble. Especially for a team that's future QB situation is unknown. That's why the talking heads connect the dots to the Colts.Ā 

id rather take a shot at Eason or rookie

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

No team just gives up picks or players for nothingĀ 

except bill obrien lmao

Not sure but I think Denver gave up picks to get rid of their QB and his contract. I forgot his name, he played like half the season with Peyton the year they won SB. I think the Brownies were the other team involved?

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Depends on the rookie but that would be very very risky. It's not like the rookie would be a Trevor Lawrence or a justin fields type of prospect.Ā 

That's the whole point though!

You are getting an unknown on a rookie contract. Wentz is an unknown with a terrible contract.Ā 

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That's the whole point though!

You are getting an unknown on a rookie contract. Wentz is an unknown with a terrible contract.Ā 

Ā 

Why are you so obsessed with contracts?Ā  Do you think a lower tier rookie prospect has the same upside that Wentz had in his couple good seasons ? He was on his way to the MVP before getting injured. When he leaves that Dumpster Fire aka the Eagles he might return to that player. It only takes money to find out.Ā 

Ā 

Some don't want him.

Some think he's worth the chance.Ā 

I'm done talking about it.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ā 

Why are you so obsessed with contracts?Ā  Do you think a lower tier rookie prospect has the same upside that Wentz had in his couple good seasons ? He was on his way to the MVP before getting injured. When he leaves that Dumpster Fire aka the Eagles he might return to that player. It only takes money to find out.Ā 

Ā 

Some don't want him.

Some think he's worth the chance.Ā 

I'm done talking about it.

Its the business side of the NFL that most people tend to overlook. I understand you want him and I'm not bashing that but you must know the importance to the entire team how much 1 contract can hurt a team.

Ā 

Clearly there are ways Wentz could be had through trade possibly or restructuring his contract after he's cut but until then all that is an educated guess.

Ā 

Knowing what we know now Wentz isn't worth it but I do agree to some extent that a change of scenery could be good for him.

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Its the business side of the NFL that most people tend to overlook. I understand you want him and I'm not bashing that but you must know the importance to the entire team how much 1 contract can hurt a team.

Ā 

Clearly there are ways Wentz could be had through trade possibly or restructuring his contract after he's cut but until then all that is an educated guess.

Ā 

Knowing what we know now Wentz isn't worth it but I do agree to some extent that a change of scenery could be good for him.

The Eagles canā€™t afford to Wentz this off-season and probably not trade him either. Ā 
Ā 

https://www.inquirer.com/newsletters/eagles/eagles-carson-wentz-contract-salary-jalen-hurts-howie-roseman-doug-pederson-20201208.html

Ā 

Rivers is most likely going to be the Colts QB next year. Ā Why would they want to move on from him if he wants toĀ play? Ā Heā€™s done everything the Colts hoped he would and more when he came here. Ā 
Ā 

Of course the media is going to speculate about Wentz coming here because of his ties with Frank that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s going to happen or that itā€™s likely to happen either. Ā 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Eagles canā€™t afford to Wentz this off-season and probably not trade him either. Ā 
Ā 

https://www.inquirer.com/newsletters/eagles/eagles-carson-wentz-contract-salary-jalen-hurts-howie-roseman-doug-pederson-20201208.html

Ā 

Rivers is most likely going to be the Colts QB next year. Ā Why would they want to move on from him if he wants toĀ play? Ā Heā€™s done everything the Colts hoped he would and more when he came here. Ā 
Ā 

Of course the media is going to speculate about Wentz coming here because of his ties with Frank that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s going to happen or that itā€™s likely to happen either. Ā 

I agree completely. I didn't clarify on Wentz. He wouldn't be cut this year. By 2022 like said before Colts could just roll with Eason or rookie from 21 or 22

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I agree completely. I didn't clarify on Wentz. He wouldn't be cut this year. By 2022 like said before Colts could just roll with Eason or rookie from 21 or 22

Well I expect Rivers to be back forĀ 2021. Ā 2022 could be interesting. Ā Clearly Rivers play and desire to play will play into that. Ā I think Rivers is in a situation where he goes year to year from now to the end of his career with contracts. Ā 
Ā 

Eason is going to have to earn the starting chance in 2022. Ā Itā€™s not unheard of for fourth round draft picks at QB to just be career backups so there is no promise he will get a chance to start. Ā How he performs and just how things fall we clearly decide if he gets a chance or the Colts have to go get someone. Ā 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well I expect Rivers to be back forĀ 2021. Ā 2022 could be interesting. Ā Clearly Rivers play and desire to play will play into that. Ā I think Rivers is in a situation where he goes year to year from now to the end of his career with contracts. Ā 
Ā 

Eason is going to have to earn the starting chance in 2022. Ā Itā€™s not unheard of for fourth round draft picks at QB to just be career backups so there is no promise he will get a chance to start. Ā How he performs and just how things fall we clearly decide if he gets a chance or the Colts have to go get someone. Ā 

Literally the only veteran I would want after Rivers is Rodgers and I am not sure how that's possible yet.Ā 

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Not sure but I think Denver gave up picks to get rid of their QB and his contract. I forgot his name, he played like half the season with Peyton the year they won SB. I think the Brownies were the other team involved?

Ah, that would be Mr. Brock Osweiler, the behemoth who got a huge deal with the Texans only to lose the starting role to Tom Savage.Ā 

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

If he's traded the team who takes him will be getting the draft pick just to eat that salary. I can see the Colts taking a 3rd and his contact. He has a lot of talent, the Eagles have no line and worse WR's. He could do good here, as could Darnold..

I'm afraid both could be damaged goods

Archived