Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Help From Uk - Manning And Gruden Video Help

Grav

Funny story about Manning and Gruden. The Colts were playing Gruden's team (I think it was when he was with the Raiders) and no matter what the Raiders defense did, they couldn't stop Peyton. They would blitz, drop everyone into coverage, play zone, play man-to-man, play bump and run, do anything, and they couldn't stop him. So Gruden has lost all hope and tells the defense to call an all out blitz with a 2 deep safety coverage....so 9 players are rushing the passer and 2 are dropping into coverage. Peyton quickly identifies the blitz and throws it to a receiver for a touchdown. Then he runs by the Raiders sideline, runs by Gruden, and yells "Are you :cuss: serious? You're going to blitz me?"

Funny story about Manning and Gruden. The Colts were playing Gruden's team (I think it was when he was with the Raiders) and no matter what the Raiders defense did, they couldn't stop Peyton. They would blitz, drop everyone into coverage, play zone, play man-to-man, play bump and run, do anything, and they couldn't stop him. So Gruden has lost all hope and tells the defense to call an all out blitz with a 2 deep safety coverage....so 9 players are rushing the passer and 2 are dropping into coverage. Peyton quickly identifies the blitz and throws it to a receiver for a touchdown. Then he runs by the Raiders sideline, runs by Gruden, and yells "Are you :cuss: serious? You're going to blitz me?"

Do you have a link or anything? Because I want to read or watch that because that sounds like something Peyton would do.

That actually doesnt sound like something Peyton would do at all. He doesn't come off as a trash talking kind of guy.

and if Gruden was with the Raiders that would have to be before 2003 so that is still early in Peyton's career, and he must have been ticked off because the Raiders are always physical and it was probably heat of the moment.

Do you have a link or anything? Because I want to read or watch that because that sounds like something Peyton would do.

I'll look for it. I believe I saw it in an interview with Gruden, I'll post it up if I find it

That actually doesnt sound like something Peyton would do at all. He doesn't come off as a trash talking kind of guy.

Gruden and Peyton know each other well off the field, I believe. I don't see it as trash talking, it's just the competitor in Peyton coming out. I find it hilarious.

Found it!!

http://www.nfl.com/v...uden-s-gridiron

At the 6:22 mark

Thank you, that was awesome. I kind of love it when you hear stories about Peyton cursing or kind of trash-talking because you see him off the field as a guy that just seems so relaxed and so carefree, and as soon as he steps on the field, he wants to win and will do anything he can to win, and he isn't afraid to swear or trash-talk a little bit.

Thank you, that was awesome. I kind of love it when you hear stories about Peyton cursing or kind of trash-talking because you see him off the field as a guy that just seems so relaxed and so carefree, and as soon as he steps on the field, he wants to win and will do anything he can to win, and he isn't afraid to swear or trash-talk a little bit.

Exactly. Off the field, he is a quiet, classy guy, doesn't get into it with the media or anything. On the field, he does what it takes to win. The competitor in him comes out...and he tries to fight Jeff Saturday

Yeah...I remember that....and I remember we lost lol...but Peyton got his revenge in Tampa on that Monday nighter. My favorite Peyton game was back in 2010 when we played the Dolfins. He was practically PERFECT that game when our defense was terrible and letting Miami run all down the field.

Edit: My bad...that wasn't the game we were up big in the first half to the Raiders and lost in the second...that was a different game.