Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Rivers a HOF?

danlhart87

It would seem to me that Rivers would be very borderline. I see that people are saying that his stats outweigh success in the playoffs but in my mind, he not only hasn't won anything in the playoffs he has played very badly. That is not a trait that is rewarded with a Hall of Fame spot. If he gets in, I think it will take many years and there are just so many QBs ahead of him.  When you look at who is recently retired or will be in the near future, you have locks like Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Brady, Big Ben and I am sure that I am missing a few. I won't be surprised if he does get in nor will I be shocked if he doesn't. I also found it interesting that people are saying he may get to the Super Bowl with the Colts and possibly this year. The Colts have had a very easy starting schedule. Now it starts getting tough. I think the Colts will have to hurry to be 8-8 or 9-8 and those kind of teams just don't win Super Bowls. I am rooting for them, of course, but I think the remaining schedule will be tough for them. I also don't think they will do well against Tennessee. I look for Clowney to have a field day getting after Rivers. He may not sack him a number of times but Phillip will feel the pressure for sure.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

It would seem to me that Rivers would be very borderline. I see that people are saying that his stats outweigh success in the playoffs but in my mind, he not only hasn't won anything in the playoffs he has played very badly. That is not a trait that is rewarded with a Hall of Fame spot. If he gets in, I think it will take many years and there are just so many QBs ahead of him.  When you look at who is recently retired or will be in the near future, you have locks like Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Brady, Big Ben and I am sure that I am missing a few. I won't be surprised if he does get in nor will I be shocked if he doesn't. I also found it interesting that people are saying he may get to the Super Bowl with the Colts and possibly this year. The Colts have had a very easy starting schedule. Now it starts getting tough. I think the Colts will have to hurry to be 8-8 or 9-8 and those kind of teams just don't win Super Bowls. I am rooting for them, of course, but I think the remaining schedule will be tough for them. I also don't think they will do well against Tennessee. I look for Clowney to have a field day getting after Rivers. He may not sack him a number of times but Phillip will feel the pressure for sure.

I see them splitting with Titans

9 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

I think Rivers probably retires before Brady, Brees and possibly Roethlisberger so he'll likely become eligible before any of them. Eli will have his 5 years waiting period expire at least a year and possibly 2 before Philip and I'm pretty sure they both get in, likely on the 1st ballot. 

The 2011 Giants won Superbowl XLVI after a 9-7 regular season record, beating the Patriots in the big game for the second time. Two other teams have advanced to the Superbowl after 9-7 records (1979 Rams & 2008 Cardinals) and oddly enough, both were then beaten by Pittsburgh.

Just because Rivers has yet to win a Superbowl, I wouldn't say that he has played very badly or has never won anything in the playoffs. After all, he's thrown more touchdown passes than interceptions, and in his 6 postseason berths, he has never been eliminated in the Wild Card round, but has been ousted by the eventual Conference Champions 4 times, and 3 of those teams went on to win the Superbowl. He also beat the defending Superbowl Champion Colts in the Divisional round after the 2007 season, injuring his knee in the process but still played the following weekend against the undefeated Patriots on a torn ACL.

8 minutes ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

So it is an attendance award?

Longevity and being accessible to your teammates is a pretty important thing.

Couple that with top 6 list in most statistical categories = HOF

Don't act like we're on a Chargers board amd a bunch of homers.

Most Colts fans didnt even like Rivers till he got here. Respected his grind but wasnt a fan.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, DontEverGiveUp said:

Sure, if it's a popularity contest.

But statistically, Rivers was the best QB in the league from 2008-2010.  He was top 3 in 2013 and 2018.

And for comparison's sake, let's look at Brady vs Rivers in the years I listed.  Rivers undoubtedly had better performances in 2008, 2009, 2013, and 2018. 

Heck, Brady only played part of 1 game in 2008, while Rivers led the league in TDs, TD%, Y/A, AY/A, and passer rating...I'd love to find the person who thinks he had a better season than Rivers that year.

And let me expand on that 2008 season, and how it proves Rivers has been criminally underrated (which leads to many of these unnecessary HOF discussions).  Imagine a QB that leads the entire NFL in TDs, TD%, Y/A, AY/A, and passer rating but doesn't even get voted to the pro bowl.  I don't think a QB has ever been more robbed of accolades than Philip Rivers that year.  Should have been MVP.

Brees got offensive player of year that year, and threw for more yards and the Saints offense put up more points.  He and Rivers tied for league lead in TDs (both 34) with Kurt Warner (30), Aaron Rodgers (28), Peyton (27) rounding out the top 5.  Brees did throw 635 attempts and Rivers 478, which explains the difference in yards.  Rivers rating was a 105.5, followed by Chad Pennington (97.4), Warner (96.9), Brees (96.2), Peyton (95.0).... I think it's kind of a toss-up between Brees and Rivers for offensive player of year that year and think the fact that Brees got it is OK given that the Saints had the most explosive offense in the NFL that year and he was the leader of it.

Peyton got MVP.  Rivers had superior yards, TDs, rating, TDs and less INTs than Peyton.  Peyton had slightly better completion percentage.  Peyton won MVP because the Colts went 12-4 and he led a lot of comebacks.... the Chargers went 8-8.... so statistically, yes, Rivers was better than Peyton but in part due to popularity and in part due to Peyton's comeback wins and leading a team to 12 wins... kind of hard to argue very strongly for one or the other there (Rivers had bettter stats, Peyton's team had more wins and maybe relied on Peyton more).  Oddly enough, Rivers knocked Peyton out of the playoffs that season (the day after Peyton was named MVP).

The ProBowl that year was ridiculous -- and that is often times a popularity contest -- Peyton was starter (OK), but the backups (Favre and Cutler) and alternate (Kerry Collins) were ridiculous.  No way Rivers shouldn't have gotten the nod over them.

But yes, you are correct, Rivers statistically had multiple seasons where he was top 2-3 in the league and in 2008 it was clear he and Brees were the two best.  This shouldn't be a 3 page long thread, as it's not even an argument.  Rivers is a HOFer, undoubtedly.

On 10/23/2020 at 11:27 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Rivers has never been a Hall of Famer for me.

I think he’s in the Hall of the very, very good.  I suspect he will eventually get in the Hall.  He’s been very good for a long time and has put up lots of numbers.  So odds are the Chargers franchise will make a big push for him.   I won’t complain.   But if I had a vote, I doubt he’d get it.   Just my two cents....

If you dissect his stats, and really dig into his career - how do you justify not voting for him?

He'll retire in the top 5 all-time in passing yards and TDs.  He is an 8x probowler (would be 10 but he declined 2x as an alternate).  He led the league in passing TDs and had the highest QB rating, yards per attempt and TD % in 2008.  He led the league in passing yards 2010.  He led the league in completion percentage 2013.  He was 2013 NFL Comeback Player of Year.  He's got the 5th longest streak of consecutive starts in NFL history (in 3 more games he'll move to 4th all time).  

He is top 10 all-time in yards per game (above Rogers, Roethlisberger, Eli).  He is top 10 all-time in passer rating.  He is top 10 all-time in passing yards per attempt and adjusted passing yards per attempt (top 5 in net yards per attempt).  He is top 10 all-time in passing completion %.  He's top 5 all-time in passes completed, though only 7th in pass attempts.  With 1 more 4th quarter comeback, he'll be top 10 in that category.    

He is 13th all-time in approximate value - look at the names he is ahead of on this list: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_career.htm

He has never had a top-tier defense nor has he had a HOF coach (something Peyton and Brady for good chunks of their career, and likely what Big Ben has in Tomlin).  He is 5-6 in the postseason and other than 2006 (his first year as a starter) he hasn't been too bad in the playoffs.  He has a 2-1 playoff record over Peyton (2-0 vs. Peyton as a Colt).  

In 2020, on a new team with a depleted roster (lost WR 2 and 3, RB 1, and has seen all 3 of his top TEs miss time) he has a 69.7% completion percentage.  He is in the top 10 in most wins by a starting QB all-time.  

I have a hard time believing that Rivers doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, though I'd like to hear a logical argument as to why he doesn't deserve to be there or why you wouldn't vote for him.

5 hours ago, w87r said:

Longevity and being accessible to your teammates is a pretty important thing.

Couple that with top 6 list in most statistical categories = HOF

Don't act like we're on a Chargers board amd a bunch of homers.

Most Colts fans didnt even like Rivers till he got here. Respected his grind but wasnt a fan.

He'll be in the top 5 in yards by week 10 and likely in top 5 in TDs by end of season (definitely if he plays another year).  

And yes, Rivers was 2-0 vs. Peyton in the playoffs when Peyton was a Colt.  He also had a 7-2 overall record against Indy before he came here.  He had the noted interaction with Colts fans after winning here when they were flipping him off and he was chirping back at them.  A lot of people thought he was a whiner, etc... so no, Rivers hasn't been historically liked by Colts fans, mostly because he consistently was able to beat Indy.

5 hours ago, Nickster said:

Definitely on numbers.  No doubt shoo in.  2nd or 3rd year probably unless he somehow wins a SB this year or next then first balloter.

im not saying he should be, but he will be.

Just curious as to why he shouldn't be... you're right, based on his career, he is a 100% shoo-in to the HOF.  

6 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Brees got offensive player of year that year, and threw for more yards and the Saints offense put up more points.  He and Rivers tied for league lead in TDs (both 34) with Kurt Warner (30), Aaron Rodgers (28), Peyton (27) rounding out the top 5.  Brees did throw 635 attempts and Rivers 478, which explains the difference in yards.  Rivers rating was a 105.5, followed by Chad Pennington (97.4), Warner (96.9), Brees (96.2), Peyton (95.0).... I think it's kind of a toss-up between Brees and Rivers for offensive player of year that year and think the fact that Brees got it is OK given that the Saints had the most explosive offense in the NFL that year and he was the leader of it.

Peyton got MVP.  Rivers had superior yards, TDs, rating, TDs and less INTs than Peyton.  Peyton had slightly better completion percentage.  Peyton won MVP because the Colts went 12-4 and he led a lot of comebacks.... the Chargers went 8-8.... so statistically, yes, Rivers was better than Peyton but in part due to popularity and in part due to Peyton's comeback wins and leading a team to 12 wins... kind of hard to argue very strongly for one or the other there (Rivers had bettter stats, Peyton's team had more wins and maybe relied on Peyton more).  Oddly enough, Rivers knocked Peyton out of the playoffs that season (the day after Peyton was named MVP).

The ProBowl that year was ridiculous -- and that is often times a popularity contest -- Peyton was starter (OK), but the backups (Favre and Cutler) and alternate (Kerry Collins) were ridiculous.  No way Rivers shouldn't have gotten the nod over them.

But yes, you are correct, Rivers statistically had multiple seasons where he was top 2-3 in the league and in 2008 it was clear he and Brees were the two best.  This shouldn't be a 3 page long thread, as it's not even an argument.  Rivers is a HOFer, undoubtedly.

If you dissect his stats, and really dig into his career - how do you justify not voting for him?

He'll retire in the top 5 all-time in passing yards and TDs.  He is an 8x probowler (would be 10 but he declined 2x as an alternate).  He led the league in passing TDs and had the highest QB rating, yards per attempt and TD % in 2008.  He led the league in passing yards 2010.  He led the league in completion percentage 2013.  He was 2013 NFL Comeback Player of Year.  He's got the 5th longest streak of consecutive starts in NFL history (in 3 more games he'll move to 4th all time).  

He is top 10 all-time in yards per game (above Rogers, Roethlisberger, Eli).  He is top 10 all-time in passer rating.  He is top 10 all-time in passing yards per attempt and adjusted passing yards per attempt (top 5 in net yards per attempt).  He is top 10 all-time in passing completion %.  He's top 5 all-time in passes completed, though only 7th in pass attempts.  With 1 more 4th quarter comeback, he'll be top 10 in that category.    

He is 13th all-time in approximate value - look at the names he is ahead of on this list: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/av_career.htm

He has never had a top-tier defense nor has he had a HOF coach (something Peyton and Brady for good chunks of their career, and likely what Big Ben has in Tomlin).  He is 5-6 in the postseason and other than 2006 (his first year as a starter) he hasn't been too bad in the playoffs.  He has a 2-1 playoff record over Peyton (2-0 vs. Peyton as a Colt).  

In 2020, on a new team with a depleted roster (lost WR 2 and 3, RB 1, and has seen all 3 of his top TEs miss time) he has a 69.7% completion percentage.  He is in the top 10 in most wins by a starting QB all-time.  

I have a hard time believing that Rivers doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, though I'd like to hear a logical argument as to why he doesn't deserve to be there or why you wouldn't vote for him.

He'll be in the top 5 in yards by week 10 and likely in top 5 in TDs by end of season (definitely if he plays another year).  

And yes, Rivers was 2-0 vs. Peyton in the playoffs when Peyton was a Colt.  He also had a 7-2 overall record against Indy before he came here.  He had the noted interaction with Colts fans after winning here when they were flipping him off and he was chirping back at them.  A lot of people thought he was a whiner, etc... so no, Rivers hasn't been historically liked by Colts fans, mostly because he consistently was able to beat Indy.

Just curious as to why he shouldn't be... you're right, based on his career, he is a 100% shoo-in to the HOF.  

I think he’s hall of fame material.

But I can understand that he’d only qualify for the hall of very good in some people’s minds.  The playoffs and being probably only the 8th or 9th best during his time compared to peers like Manning, Brady, Roethilsberger, Brees, Wilson, Rogers, etc.  

He was usually closer to top 10 than top 5.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

But I can understand that he’d only qualify for the hall of very good in some people’s minds.  The playoffs and being probably only the 8th or 9th best during his time compared to peers like Manning, Brady, Roethilsberger, Brees, Wilson, Rogers, etc.  

I'm on board with you.   he will get in and under the current criteria to get in, his stats are good enough.

If I was in charge of the HOF, much fewer players would get in, you would have to have been thought of as the best in the league for a period of time.   I don't know of any fans, coaches or GM's who would have taken Rivers over Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Warner Brees or a couple others.  In an year that Manning was in Indy(pre injury), would anyone on her agreed to trade him straight up for Rivers?  

8 hours ago, Nickster said:

I tend to disagree here.  Have all the guys you mentioned had better seasons than Rivers?  Yes.  Have more than 4 done it in the same year? Aside from last year, I think not (admittedly, part of that is due to the other guys being injured for long stretches of time).  

Rivers has also had seasons where he was better, at least statistically, than all of the guys mentioned here.  In 2008 he led the league in passer rating and tied for lead with Brees for TDs (Brees had more yards, but also threw almost 200 more attempts and still had the same amount of TDs and a lower passer rating), that is one example where Rivers was either the best or 2nd best QB in the league for a season.  He's had other seasons where he has led the league in passing or completion percentage.  

I'm not saying he's better than Peyton, Brady or Brees (the 3 guys with the best stats in NFL history)... but aside from winning SBs, he's put up better numbers than Big Ben throughout his career, he's thrown for >4,000 yards 11 times (Wilson has done it 3 times), and if he retired this year, Rodgers would likely have to play at least 3 full seasons at a high level to touch Rivers' numbers (Rodgers has 2 MVPs and the best passer rating of all-time, so he won't need to do that to get in anyway).

I do see your point... when Rivers retires he won't be considered the 'top' QB of his era.. but he's played through several waves of very solid QBs (Peyton, Brady, Brees were already established when Rivers got here -- Eli and Ben had 2 years under their belt before Rivers took the reigns from Brees, even though Rivers was drafted the same time of them), then guys like Rodgers (got to start 1 or 2 years after Rivers due to sitting on the bench behind Favre), Wilson, Luck, Newton, and now Mahommes, Burrows, Lamar Jackson, etc. have entered the league after  Rivers got started... regardless, he's been a top 10 QB through all of it, while never playing under a HOF coach or on an elite team (with the exception of 2012 and 2019).  So in 14 seasons as a starter, he's been in the top 10 on 12 occasions, and out of those 12, I think he's been at 5 or higher at least 50% of the time.

12 hours ago, Nickster said:

What you and a few others don't seem to understand is QBs are not compared to other QBs when voters vote on HOF candidates. 

That is now how it works. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What you and a few others don't seem to understand is QBs are not compared to other QBs when voters vote on HOF candidates. 

That is now how it works. 

You’ve lost me here.  You mean QBs are compared to centers or something?

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

You’ve lost me here.  You mean QBs are compared to centers or something?

No player is compared to any other player when it comes to being voted into the HOF.

They are judged on individual accomplishments by a 48 member HOF selection committee. 

For a full explanation I suggest going to the HOF web site. 

No player is compared to any other player when it comes to being voted into the HOF.

They are judged on individual accomplishments by a 48 member HOF selection committee. 

For a full explanation I suggest going to the HOF web site. 

Yeah ok, but at the end of the day they are compared to their peers.

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In what way? 

Did you even bother to look at the criteria on how a player is selected? 

Pro reference has a cool list of HOF predictions.  He rates just under average for HOFers. The only current HOF guy I’d rate him above is NA math.  There are a few players like Big Ben that rate above him on that list.

i personally think the lack of a championship appearance makes him marginal but I think he will and should get in.

he is essentially a dead heat on this page with Ryan.  Do you rate Ryan as N HOF?  I personally put him in the hall of very good and see him and Rivers at like the cutoff line. I would rate Ryan over Rivers if ATl wouldn’t have blown it against ne.

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In what way? 

Did you even bother to look at the criteria on how a player is selected? 

Pro reference has a cool list of HOF predictions.   https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_QB.htm   He rates just under average for HOFers. The only current HOF guy I’d rate him above is NA math.  There are a few players like Big Ben that rate above him on that list.

i personally think the lack of a championship appearance makes him marginal but I think he will and should get in.

he is essentially a dead heat on this page with Ryan.  Do you rate Ryan as N HOF?  I personally put him in the hall of very good and see him and Rivers at like the cutoff line. I would rate Ryan over Rivers if ATl wouldn’t have blown it against ne.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Pro reference has a cool list of HOF predictions.   https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_QB.htm   He rates just under average for HOFers. The only current HOF guy I’d rate him above is NA math.  There are a few players like Big Ben that rate above him on that list.

The 48 member HOF selection committee does not use the Pro reference guide for their selections. 

Atlanta vs New England has exactly nothing to do with a player being selected. 

Please educate yourself in the procedure and then maybe you will understand. 

The dog you are using does not hunt. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The 48 member HOF selection committee does not use the Pro reference guide for their selections. 

I think we all agree he will get in by the loose criteria they currently use.   No question.  

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You seem pretty serious about HOF criteria.

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

You seem pretty serious about HOF criteria.

It is the HOFs criteria, not mine. 

So many people have their own opinions and criteria but very few match what the truth actually is. 

I think I have brought up at least a couple of times right here in this thread but you and a few others don't seem to want to have that knowledge. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is the HOFs criteria, not mine. 

So many people have their own opinions and criteria but very few match what the truth actually is. 

I think I have brought up at least a couple of times right here in this thread but you and a few others don't seem to want to have that knowledge. 

Did this criteria exist when Aikman and Kelly were inducted?  They seem to be statistically way down the list.

4 hours ago, Nickster said:

Did this criteria exist when Aikman and Kelly were inducted?  They seem to be statistically way down the list.

I guess that would be explained if you  actually spent time on the web site I suggested.

You seem to have this attitude you want to argue points with me instead of doing the research for yourself. 

I guess that would be explained if you  actually spent time on the web site I suggested.

You seem to have this attitude you want to argue points with me instead of doing the research for yourself. 

Why don’t you just enlighten us with some bullet points.  I’m not that interested in your research here,

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why don’t you just enlighten us with some bullet points.  I’m not that interested in your research here.  

edit.  Looked saw nothing other than process.  If there are objective criteria other than 5 years retired, I can’t find it.  Are you sure you know what you are talking about?  Because to me it looks like it’s up to the voters opinions.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

Why don’t you just enlighten us with some bullet points.  I’m not that interested in your research here.  

edit.  Looked saw nothing other than process.  If there are objective criteria other than 5 years retired, I can’t find it.  Are you sure you know what you are talking about?  Because to me it looks like it’s up to the voters opinions.

Once again you want me to interpret the process when all I know is what the web site says. 

No where in what I read lists what other players did or didn't do. That was the point you seem to want to bring into the discussion. 

On 10/23/2020 at 11:10 PM, DontEverGiveUp said:

Take away Rivers 400+ TDs and he has none.  Great logic.

Also, I find it funny that many people think Luck was so much better and criticize Rivers for his lack of postseason success, while Luck had more INTs than TDs in the playoffs.

Not the same thing and not the point I was making.  Some poster mentioned that it was funny that Colts fans talk about his playoff record since he owned the Colts in the playoffs. I was not saying he has a good playoff record but take away the victories over the Colts means he has a bad playoff record.  I was making the point that he only has 2 victories over the Colts in the playoffs and even with that, he still does not have a good playoff record.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Once again you want me to interpret the process when all I know is what the web site says. 

No where in what I read lists what other players did or didn't do. That was the point you seem to want to bring into the discussion. 

Ok. So there are no qualifications other than being retired for 5 years.  I have NO CLUE what you are talking about now.  The HOF voters can vote for whatever nomminee  they want  for any reason they want.  In other words it is completely subjective.

So what, pray tell, what is your point?  

6 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Ok. So there are no qualifications other than being retired for 5 years.  I have NO CLUE what you are talking about now.  The HOF voters can vote for whatever nomminee  they want  for any reason they want.  In other words it is completely subjective.

So what, pray tell, what is your point?  

The only point I have right now is I am done with you. 

All you bring is an argumentative point of view and I don't have the patience to play childish games. 

On 10/26/2020 at 9:05 AM, Nickster said:

Pro reference has a cool list of HOF predictions.  He rates just under average for HOFers. The only current HOF guy I’d rate him above is NA math.  There are a few players like Big Ben that rate above him on that list.

Ben is 4 below him on that list... 

Look at the AFC since 2004 -- Brady, Peyton and Pittsburgh have been dominant since Rivers entered the league (Flacco and Mahommes each had 1 SB appearance since Rivers entered the league, otherwise it has been/was dominated by Brady and his HOF coach Belichick, Peyton and his HOF coach Dungy, and Ben and his future HOF coach Tomlin).  Yea, Rivers lack of championships may hurt him in some eyes, but we'll probably never see another era of dominance in the NFL like Brady-Belichick put together in NE.

IF is a big word -- I'd put myself in the HOF, too, IF I was 6'5" 240 pounds had a cannon arm and won 6 superbowls... Ryan will need to play at least 4 more seasons at a high level to touch Rivers' statistical numbers.  Ryan was Rookie of Year in 2008 (Rivers was basically ineligible for ROY since he sat behind Brees).  Ryan was MVP in 2016 and had a very amazing year (led the league in passer rating -- which Rivers did in 2008 and also led the league in TDs but somehow wasn't even elected to probowl).  Other than that, his SB appearance, and his cool nickname "Matty Ice" Ryan has a ways to go to be at Rivers' level.

19 hours ago, Thebrashandthebold said:

Kelly went to four straight Super Bowls. Aikman won a Super Bowl. That would put them both way ahead of Rivers and they were.

No, Aikman is nowhere near ahead of Rivers (other than his SB ring).  Kelly, at least, was among the best QBs in the league when he played, just like Rivers.  Aikman was on an amazing team and he helped guide them to the SB.  Kelly was on an amazing team and helped guide them.  Kelly was a better QB than Aikman, by far.  Rivers has never been on a team nearly as stacked as either of those guys.  

Wow, already talking HOF for Rivers? We still have games to win AND win a Super Bowl. I did not like that he became our quarterback. Win the Super Bowl this year! HOF, maybe for reasons that some of you have said. But at this point, I would give him a LAA... Lifetime Achievement Award.

Just because he came back to beat the Bengals...”the Bengals” was a Win, but make this season worth it by beating teams that currently have 5 wins that we play soon.

28 minutes ago, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

Wow, already talking HOF for Rivers? We still have games to win AND win a Super Bowl. I did not like that he became our quarterback. Win the Super Bowl this year! HOF, maybe for reasons that some of you have said. But at this point, I would give him a LAA... Lifetime Achievement Award.

Just because he came back to beat the Bengals...”the Bengals” was a Win, but make this season worth it by beating teams that currently have 5 wins that we play soon.

You are putting too much stock into this season. His career numbers will be enough to get him in.

42 minutes ago, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

After we lost to the Browns the same people were wanting Cam Newton or Andy Dalton lmao . Rivers is a HOFamer based on his career - his stats and wins defends his case.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After we lost the same people were wanting Cam Newton or Andy Dalton lmao . Rivers is a HOFamer based on his career - his stats and wins defends his case.

After the Jaguars game I'm sure some people already gave up on the season sadly

Archived