Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Wouldnt Mind Vontaze Burfict With Out 4Th Rounder

Vontaze burfict once had 1st round talent but fell cause of bad combine nd his attiude. I kno LB isnt the biggest need for us but would you pass up on a once 1st round LB he was once suposed to be the first LB off the board sooooo why not take the risk its just a 4th rounder

by the way the title shuld say with ''our'' 4th rounder

IMO, Mr. Burfict is not coachable, and he cannot control his play.

I would not spend a draft pick on him.

I probably would not risk getting him as a UDFA, for fear it will poison my locker room.

I completely agree, a player like him can bring down a whole team.

Idk maybe a 6th or 7th rounder, I could see the NFL maturing him... I have seen a lot of videos about him and he is a very talented player on the field, The worst that could happen is us Cutting him if he acts up. Idk just my opinion. Why not take a shot on a potential Pro Bowl Line Backer?

4th rounder is too high. 6th rounder at the earliest in my opinion, considering many teams have completely dropped him off their boards despite being arguably a first round talent. He needs to go somewhere with a strong leader in the locker room like Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher. We don't have that here and while Pagano seems like a no-nonesense kind of guy, I don't want to make a rookie head coach have to deal with a big headache all season

Hmmm, 4th rounder you say...I'd say no even if it's in the 4th. He has 2nd round talent, but he doesn't seem like the kinda guy that wants to backup, and he has a crappy attitude.

i honestly thought he culd start nd looking at many mocks ive seen him go in the 4th round so i thought we could pounce on the opertunity at hand, like i said he was once suposed to be 1st linebacker off the board he may not have the best attitude but he has a lot of talent, i mean randy moss nd T.O had bad attiudes nd there both HOF people, maybe pagano can make a star outta him idkk

He looked to be a first round talent after his sophomore year, but attitude aside, his play seriously regressed last year. I didn't see him as anything better than a late round pick. Couple that with his attitude and he's not draftable.

From what I have heard and read, if you look at his game film he shows 1st round talent, but he's blown it in the combine & pro day work outs and he's looking to be an attitude case.

Sounds to me like he's the type of guy that can be a mid to late round steal that when he makes a pro bowl everybody will be wondering how so many people missed the boat in evaluating him. By the same token, he just might indeed be a bust.

Ergo, I'd have no problem taking a mid to late round flyer on him, say 5th round or lower. Most 5th and lower picks don't cut the mustard anyway, so low risk high reward with him.

I'd take a chance with him as an UDFA but that's about it. At the first sign of trouble he'd be gone. He has a lot of talent but doesn't have the maturity to control his talent and emotion. If he can ever get his emotion under control then he could be a very good player but who knows when, or even if, that will ever happen.