Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Paper Tigers

danlhart87

Made this prediction last year and now I'm setting my sights on a new team. 

The Buccaneers made several high profile moves this offseason but I am not buying the hype.

Brady is on the decline rapidly and was the weak link on NE last year and Gronk hasn't played in over a year.

The Patriots even with Stidham will win the East at 10-6.

I could see TB finishing 7-9 and be a massive disappointment.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7-9 is a stretch if you ask me. Brady, who I respect, looked like pure crap last year. Meanwhile they’re in the NFC South. The Panthers weren’t what I’d call bad until late in the year. They’re not planning on losing. Neither are the Falcons even though they had some ups and downs. I have some critical opinions on Brees but he obviously doesn’t think he’s done and the Saints are basically the Patslite who every team just gives it to in the regular season.

Then there’s Bruce Arians. I mean what??? The guy who doesn’t use FBs, blocking TEs and has the OL isn’t important philosophy. All that with an old quarterback who can’t run or throw deep like he used to. This could get ugly fast. Like Jeff George and June Jones on the sidelines ugly. Who remembers that?

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

7-9 is a stretch if you ask me. Brady, who I respect, looked like pure crap last year. Meanwhile they’re in the NFC South. The Panthers weren’t what I’d call bad until late in the year. They’re not planning on losing. Neither are the Falcons even though they had some ups and downs. I have some critical opinions on Brees but he obviously doesn’t think he’s done and the Saints are basically the Patslite who every team just gives it to in the regular season.

Then there’s Bruce Arians. I mean what??? The guy who doesn’t use FBs, blocking TEs and has the OL isn’t important philosophy. All that with an old quarterback who can’t run or throw deep like he used to. This could get ugly fast. Like Jeff George and June Jones on the sidelines ugly. Who remembers that?

They could be offseason champs like Eagles years ago 

2 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

10-6 would be my guess. Brady literally had nobody to throw to last year. 

He's rarely has quality players to throw to

I'd say Welker Moss Gronk and Edelman that's it

That didn't stop him from winning 6 titles 

I think the Bucs are going to be really good. Their defense is much underrated as their front 7 is beastly. They added Winfield in the secondary and Wirfs at tackle. Then they got Gronk for a 4th round pick to go along with Evans, Godwin and TEs Brate and Howard. The skill positions are better for Brady this year than they were in 2007 AND he has an offensive minded HC. I see lots of fireworks. Should be fun to watch.

I have the Bucs 10-6, Pats at 8-8. Brady is on the decline but has a solid team around him and a good coach. Belichick is great but Stidham is MEH lmao . Pats still have a good Defense but I can see 8-8 with them, maybe 9-7. If Brady doesn't win 10 games I would be surprised, Peyton did that with a so called noodle arm :funny:

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have the Bucs 10-6, Pats at 8-8. Brady is on the decline but has a solid team around him and a good coach. Belichick is great but Stidham is MEH lmao . Pats still have a good Defense but I can see 8-8 with them, maybe 9-7. If Brady doesn't win 10 games I would be surprised, Peyton did that with a so called noodle arm :funny:

You are being extremely generous with the 8-8 record for the Pats. I don't think they get more than 6 wins. They have the toughest schedule of any team and a 4th round pick starting with an offense bereft of any talent other than Edelman. This is a classic restart year for the mighty Pats. They will struggle to stay competitive in the division.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, danlhart87 said:

He's rarely has quality players to throw to

I'd say Welker Moss Gronk and Edelman that's it

That didn't stop him from winning 6 titles 

If you are taking that tact, it's contrary to your original prediction.... Brady may have his worst season physically..... But he's definitely got one of his most skilled receiving corps ever.

On 5/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, FortheWin said:

You are being extremely generous with the 8-8 record for the Pats. I don't think they get more than 6 wins. They have the toughest schedule of any team and a 4th round pick starting with an offense bereft of any talent other than Edelman. This is a classic restart year for the mighty Pats. They will struggle to stay competitive in the division.

Stidham is unproven but they still have Belichick as coach and a solid defense. It wouldn't shock me at all if they won 8 games, maybe 9 even.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stidham is unproven but they still have Belichick as coach and a solid defense. It wouldn't shock me at all if they won 8 games, maybe 9 even.

Not having a proven QB is not a small issue. Wins especially a winning season is always dependent on getting above average QB play. They also lost all their LBs in FA except for Hightower. The secondary will still be great but the rest of the defense will have huge issues getting pressure and stopping the run. They also have a rookie kicker too. It is for sure a rebuild year with an extremely tough schedule on top. A recent forecast I saw had them finishing third at 7-9 behind the Bills and Miami. That seems about right to me. 

19 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Not having a proven QB is not a small issue. Wins especially a winning season is always dependent on getting above average QB play. They also lost all their LBs in FA except for Hightower. The secondary will still be great but the rest of the defense will have huge issues getting pressure and stopping the run. They also have a rookie kicker too. It is for sure a rebuild year with an extremely tough schedule on top. A recent forecast I saw had them finishing third at 7-9 behind the Bills and Miami. That seems about right to me. 

I will stick with 8-8 so we aren't too far off. With Brady that team obviously wins 11 or 12 games. 

7 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

It was a money grab by Brady and Gronk. Brady will show his age 

and suck in a new system without Belicheck. Gronk will be on IR by

mid season and the Bucs season will blow.

We will come back to this post when the season is over. Bucs win 10 games easily, book it and make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will come back to this post when the season is over. Bucs win 10 games easily, book it and make the playoffs.

Sounds good. Don't sweep it under the rug and repost when they are under 10 wins.

1 hour ago, dodsworth said:

Sounds good. Don't sweep it under the rug and repost when they are under 10 wins.

I won't. I would be surprised if they do not win 10 games with the offensive weapons they have and coach they have. I am just not seeing what you are. I guess we will find out soon what happens, hopefully if we have a season. Brady is on the decline but still better than a lot of QB's in this league.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, chad72 said:

It will be a defensive team that limits Brady that can beat the Bucs, not an offensive team that outscores them.

I don't know, the Bucs gave up the 4th most points in the NFL last year.  And with games against Brees (twice), Ryan (twice), Mahomes & Rodgers, I can see them in some shoot-outs.

1 hour ago, TonyBungee said:

I don't know, the Bucs gave up the 4th most points in the NFL last year.  And with games against Brees (twice), Ryan (twice), Mahomes & Rodgers, I can see them in some shoot-outs.

Brady has lost probably 4 shootouts in his entire career where he scored more than 30 points (could be missing 1 or 2 at worst). 2 were to Peyton (the 4th & 2 game and the 2006 season AFCCG), 1 was to Nick Foles in the SB, and another was to Fitzpatrick, I think, vs the Bills. But then, it was the Patriots where Belichick and the supporting cast always did just enough to keep the win with some key defensive plays. We will see how Todd Bowles gives him defensive help.

So my statement was based on that. 

Say what you want about Brady weapons.. how many times have we seen just WIDE TF open WR's for the Patriots when they were clicking? Just ask the Steelers  That patriots coaching staff was something else..and Brady is literally going from Dink and Dunk to SLING IT! Not as much 1 yard Faulk-Vereen-Woodhead-Lewis-White passes that go for 12 yards a pop. 

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Say what you want about Brady weapons.. how many times have we seen just WIDE TF open WR's for the Patriots when they were clicking? Just ask the Steelers  That patriots coaching staff was something else..and Brady is literally going from Dink and Dunk to SLING IT! Not as much 1 yard Faulk-Vereen-Woodhead-Lewis-White passes that go for 12 yards a pop. 

True. However, like Peyton brough his previous offensive scheme knowledge to Denver, Brady is going to do the same with Arians and mesh both their concepts. Plus, he won't turn it over like Winston and knows to play clock control, that by itself gives them 2-3 additional games putting them at 9-7 or 10-6. If the defense makes a few plays, suddenly they are in the 11-12 win conversation, IMO.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

True. However, like Peyton brough his previous offensive scheme knowledge to Denver, Brady is going to do the same with Arians and mesh both their concepts. Plus, he won't turn it over like Winston and knows to play clock control, that by itself gives them 2-3 additional games putting them at 9-7 or 10-6. If the defense makes a few plays, suddenly they are in the 11-12 win conversation, IMO.

That is a good point. I remember how fascinating it was to see Peyton in a new offense away from Tom Moore. He did bring his offense but then it was tweaked by Fox and then Kubiak. I think Arians is a pretty stellar match for Brady at this point in this career. We will see if it all can come together the way it did in Denver. That was some great offensive football for 3 years.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Brady has lost probably 4 shootouts in his entire career where he scored more than 30 points (could be missing 1 or 2 at worst). 2 were to Peyton (the 4th & 2 game and the 2006 season AFCCG), 1 was to Nick Foles in the SB, and another was to Fitzpatrick, I think, vs the Bills. But then, it was the Patriots where Belichick and the supporting cast always did just enough to keep the win with some key defensive plays. We will see how Todd Bowles gives him defensive help.

So my statement was based on that. 

I get it.  I just think the Pats, for the most part, have been really good defensively, and I doubt that the Bucs' D will be that good.  I agree with your last bolded sentence, I think that will be the key.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, BloodyChamp said:

This nobody to throw to stuff because there’s no Randy Moss on the field is getting overblown. 

Yeah, yet Peyton always had 1st round talent on his side of the field.

Brady NEVER did.

Brady’s WRs were garbage last year , and he didn’t have one even mediocre TE last year.

4 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Brady NEVER did.

Brandon Cooks, Phillip Dorsett, N'Keal Harry.  (I know, 1st round "talent" may be relative, but they were all 1st round picks). :D

4 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Brady NEVER did.

Brady’s WRs were garbage last year , and he didn’t have one even mediocre TE last year.

Peyton never had the defenses here in Indy that the Pats had either putting Tom in great situations. I would of rather just had Marvin Harrison + John Doe and a great defense than have a loaded offense. Brady had Moss and Welker and didn't win a SB in that time frame. Moss is a top 5 WR of all-time. Welker was good. You seen what Peyton did when he had a true great defense in Denver. He won a SB and wasn't near the same player he had been.

14 hours ago, NFLUp said:

Brady NEVER did.

For sure. Brady has really put up unbelievable stats throughout his career with easily the worst set of skill positions of any great QB. Elway was similar in my view which is why I would take either one to start my team. I remember thinking 10 years ago that there was no way Brady would ever catch Manning statistically. He was 15,000 yards behind him and more than 100 TDs and playing in frigid Foxboro. But the guy literally just never stopped. He kept going and producing in his late 30s and early 40s to pass him. That might have been his biggest feat aside from the SB wins.

12 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

For sure. Brady has really put up unbelievable stats throughout his career with easily the worst set of skill positions of any great QB. Elway was similar in my view which is why I would take either one to start my team. I remember thinking 10 years ago that there was no way Brady would ever catch Manning statistically. He was 15,000 yards behind him and more than 100 TDs and playing in frigid Foxboro. But the guy literally just never stopped. He kept going and producing in his late 30s and early 40s to pass him. That might have been his biggest feat aside from the SB wins.

Brady's longevity is impressive so like LeBron his overall stats will be inflated, at their peak Manning was better statistically most years aside from Brady's 2007 season. Just like Jordan was better at his peak but LeBron will score more points, etc.. Brady will always be considered the GOAT by most because he has 6 wins to Manning's 2 but Brady has always had the superior Coach, Dungy was great but not on BB's level and everyone knows it. Manning won 5 League MVP's for a reason, he was like a Coach on the field. BB feared him and him only. Nobody else scared him on the 53 man roster lmao .

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brady's longevity is impressive so like LeBron his overall stats will be inflated, at their peak Manning was better statistically most years aside from Brady's 2007 season. Just like Jordan was better at his peak but LeBron will score more points, etc.. Brady will always be considered the GOAT by most because he has 6 wins to Manning's 2 but Brady has always had the superior Coach, Dungy was great but not on BB's level and everyone knows it. Manning won 5 League MVP's for a reason, he was like a Coach on the field. BB feared him and him only. Nobody else scared him on the 53 man roster lmao .

The problem for Lebron is he has half of Michael's championships. LOL. Maybe he adds another one or two before he is done.  Brady pretty much stands alone with his achievements but for sure he was helped by the org he played for. He is the classic example of doing more with more and at times doing more with less. 

1 minute ago, FortheWin said:

The problem for Lebron is he has half of Michael's championships. LOL. Maybe he adds another one or two before he is done.  Brady pretty much stands alone with his achievements but for sure he was helped by the org he played for. He is the classic example of doing more with more and at times doing more with less. 

LeBron will never catch Jordan for GOAT IMO. I personally think Magic was better by a hair over LeBron but that is another topic. Peyton is considered by most of the media 3rd best ever, some still have Montana over him = understandable.

I have the Bucs going 11-5 this year and winning their division, so I think a lot of Brady. 

Archived