Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers and our WR

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think there are currently NFL restrictions in place about players practicing together.    Certain things have to happen before players can practice together.   I don’t think that’s happened yet. 

I could be wrong but I think that only applies to team sanctioned activities. I have seen a lot of our players working out on Ig with other players.  Leonard has even been going to a private gym.  I don’t think they can stop players hanging out with each other.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I could be wrong but I think that only applies to team sanctioned activities. I have seen a lot of our players working out on Ig with other players.  Leonard has even been going to a private gym.  I don’t think they can stop players hanging out with each other.

You may be right, but it’s not reassuring to hear players are working out together.   Flirting with danger.  Spitting into the wind.  It’s not rain. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I have zero problem with QBs throwing to WRs now on their own. Most athletes have bubble wrapped themselves if they're smart, so tossing a ball around is fine. If they have pre-existing conditions, then absolutely not, but most are pictures of health. 

I agree.  In most instances, they can keep 'social distance' as well... no need for the ball to be hiked by the center.  If needed they could use multiple balls or sanitize balls between use (e.g., have a bucket of sanitizer and a couple of rags on the field and have the WR wipe the ball off before tossing back to the QB).  

And, as you said, the vast majority of these guys in the NFL are much healthier than the average population (surprise, surprise as they all have team dietitians and working out and keeping healthy is a major part of their livelihood).  The guys I'd be concerned about are those with pre-existing conditions (e.g., Cutler's not in the league anymore but he was diabetic, and several other players have heart or other conditions that have to be carefully monitored) and perhaps the OL and DL who are often pretty heavyset.

2 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I agree.  In most instances, they can keep 'social distance' as well... no need for the ball to be hiked by the center.  If needed they could use multiple balls or sanitize balls between use (e.g., have a bucket of sanitizer and a couple of rags on the field and have the WR wipe the ball off before tossing back to the QB).  

And, as you said, the vast majority of these guys in the NFL are much healthier than the average population (surprise, surprise as they all have team dietitians and working out and keeping healthy is a major part of their livelihood).  The guys I'd be concerned about are those with pre-existing conditions (e.g., Cutler's not in the league anymore but he was diabetic, and several other players have heart or other conditions that have to be carefully monitored) and perhaps the OL and DL who are often pretty heavyset.

Yup, those guys tossing a few trash cans of balls is probably a lot less risky than going to the supermarket. As long as they're safe, and I would almost guarantee that Rivers is a safe guy. Shoot dangum darn it.

35 minutes ago, HOZER said:

He's living in Jeter's house.  His back yard is probably bigger than that park!

This may be sacrilegious, but I'm rooting for Brady and the Bucs to have a great season.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may be right, but it’s not reassuring to hear players are working out together.   Flirting with danger.  Spitting into the wind.  It’s not rain. 

meh, the receivers usually wear gloves and if they have to be less than 6 feet apart to throw and catch passes, they have bigger concerns. I mean, its not like JB is the one throwing the ball, Rivers can throw it farther than 6 feet.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

He's living in Jeter's house.  His back yard is probably bigger than that park!

This may be sacrilegious, but I'm rooting for Brady and the Bucs to have a great season.

exit door is on the right, drop your Colts fan club badge off with the guard on the way out :lol:

"exit door is on the right, drop your Colts fan club badge off with the guard on the way out "

Hey, I also read TB12 and thought it was really good.

(Oh no, I just cut the arms off of my hoodie...I can feel the dark forces pulling me in!)

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

"exit door is on the right, drop your Colts fan club badge off with the guard on the way out "

(Oh no, I just cut the arms off of my hoodie...I can feel the dark forces pulling me in!)

:HFire:

43 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

One more reason to practice social distancing.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

meh, the receivers usually wear gloves and if they have to be less than 6 feet apart to throw and catch passes, they have bigger concerns. I mean, its not like JB is the one throwing the ball, Rivers can throw it farther than 6 feet.

exit door is on the right, drop your Colts fan club badge off with the guard on the way out :lol:

Yeah...a QB working out with a few WRs shouldn't really be an issue. The "social distance" is built in.

I am sure there are athletes training and working out together as well. They just don't stop being professional athletes with rigorous routines.

46 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah...a QB working out with a few WRs shouldn't really be an issue. The "social distance" is built in.

I am sure there are athletes training and working out together as well. They just don't stop being professional athletes with rigorous routines.

I have seen a lot of our guys on IG working outside on football fields with several other players. I hope Campbell is able to stay conditioned so his injury issues don’t continue this year.

Archived