Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby v Rivers

r a y s k i

Jacoby vs Rivers  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have moving forward?

• Jacoby Brissett
    • Phillip Rivers

16 hours ago, lincolndefan said:

No No No!!! Rivers has forgot more than JB has ever known. Trust me, Rivers needs no help from JB. Absolutely ludicious!

Is that a fact! Been watching football a long time! Yes, i know what a backup QB is. If you have any QB that can't or won't perform anywhere near was is needed, than why have him on your team. Rivers is a seasoned vet. If you think that he has to rely on JB for anything well i have a bridge or two i'll sell you. You do know there is what is titled a QB coach and an OC. Can i get a witness?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rivers was our best option to win this year.  no rookie at the 13th pick will be better than him this season 

this made too much sense to not happen.  i cant believe people are still voting for jacoby, we know what he is now and so does balllard, the guy just doesnt produce 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

rivers was our best option to win this year.  no rookie at the 13th pick will be better than him this season 

this made too much sense to not happen.  i cant believe people are still voting for jacoby, we know what he is now and so does balllard, the guy just doesnt produce 

I voted for Rivers. The votes are 74-16 so only 16 went JB. IMO it is just Rivers haters because of our past games with him.

22 hours ago, aaron11 said:

then  what happens after next year?   rivers had a bunch of years with top 5 defenses hall of fame running back tight end and elite wrs and never sniffed a superbowl .   to think after he had a 23 td to 20 int season and is 38 , its sad people think he is gonna win games for us .    the guy missed the playoffs most of his career in his prime.  with the colts 19th ranked defense and horrible weapons he is gonna win games for us is a joke.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

then  what happens after next year?   rivers had a bunch of years with top 5 defenses hall of fame running back tight end and elite wrs and never sniffed a superbowl .   to think after he had a 23 td to 20 int season and is 38 , its sad people think he is gonna win games for us .    the guy missed the playoffs most of his career in his prime.  with the colts 19th ranked defense and horrible weapons he is gonna win games for us is a joke.

Then blame the FO, not Rivers! 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Hes the best option we had, jacoby is awful.  He never made the playoffs at all. 

Rivers threw 4600 last year jb can't even hit 3000 with a good line and running game

13 hours ago, aaron11 said:

We will need to draft a qb at some point I think we all know that.  It just won't be at 13 this year.  

I was never that sold on love either I like tua and Herbert but they will probably be gone by 13

Will wait and see what happens. Should be good

On 3/22/2020 at 10:31 AM, coming on strong said:

Ridiculous take.

I think it's funny how some people think Rivers had all these loaded teams but somehow held them back in the playoffs.  Rivers' only real SB window was at the very beginning of his career, and the playoff losses could not be blamed on him (defensive gaffes, missed FGs, and LT/Gates both not playing due to injury).

On 3/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, coming on strong said:

i am i wanted them to draft jordan love . now the patriots will get him or some other team and get 15 years of franchise QB and we get rivers one year then more stop gaps until our young players hit 30 then we can rebuild .

Do you honestly think that Love is a 15 year franchise QB?  :scratch:

First time poster from Chargersland. I’ve been a fan of Rivers since he was Drafted. I’m really excited to see what he can do behind your great OL and @ real RB. Not to mention a defense that can tackle.

last year Rivers had 2nd to last OL and his WR were 2nd to last in separation. Yes Allen and Williams can be great but Rivers has done more with a great TE and Average WR. 

Gordon held out and came back out of shape and disrupted the flow they had with Ekeler and Hunter Henry did was not healthy. 

add to that they Fired his long time OC (Ken Whizenhunt) in week 5. It was clear the organization turned on Rivers.

Rivers had 20 int which he said he would rather give his WR a chance than kick it. 

Rivers can make all the trows and no longer has to force the ball down field on 3rd and long.

Rivers will have one of his best years due to Frank Reich and OC. 

I will now be watching All colts game. He you guy welcome me in and I Look forward to a great Colts season.

39 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

My view is that Colts will only hold onto Brissett if they do not get a QB in draft. If they get a QB that they want to groom as a back up then they may flip JB for a draft pick. 

I agree with the logic, just not sure anyone is willing to give up a draft pick for him and his salary. QB glut this year. Heck, we were paying Hoyer like 5M IIRC, we cut him, ate some, and NE got a bargain at like 2M. JB deserves more than that, but just having a hard time seeing someone giving up picks and paying. IMO, either we just cut him, or eat it and keep him. I think you'll see folks perhaps pay less for Newton and Winston.

Archived