Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where do you think we will take a QB.

Where do we think Ballard will draft a QB.   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we think Ballard will draft a QB.

• Trade up round 1 ( Tua/Herbert)
    • Pick at 13 (Love)
    • Pick at 34 ( Eason/Fromm)
    • Pick at 44 ( Gordon)
    • 3rd round (Hurts)
    • Later rounds (Morgan/Macdonald, etc...)

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My personal hope...

Take Kinlaw at 13. Trade 34+44 for 16ish, and take Love.

I'm still not sold on anyone not named Burrow, Tua or Herbert as a first rounder.  I'm sure I will probably be forced to eat those words.  I'd rather spend a 3rd or 4th on Gordon IF he lasts that long.  

But as far as your deal, that is something that COULD happen.  It could be something Miami would be interested in at 18 IF TB doesn't take Love at 14.  That would give them an extra pick in the first 44.  Interesting!

3 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

I'm still not sold on anyone not named Burrow, Tua or Herbert as a first rounder.  I'm sure I will probably be forced to eat those words.  I'd rather spend a 3rd or 4th on Gordon IF he lasts that long.  

But as far as your deal, that is something that COULD happen.  It could be something Miami would be interested in at 18 IF TB doesn't take Love at 14.  That would give them an extra pick in the first 44.  Interesting!

Gotta think CB will do his homework and figure out who's going where. Gonna be interesting.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We may not take one at all. We might sign a Free Agent like Rivers or trade for Carr, who knows?

54 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My personal hope...

Take Kinlaw at 13. Trade 34+44 for 16ish, and take Love.

30 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

The "best of" moments from this thread .  All good points

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

What if Love drops to 13. Do you think we will pass on him? You actually think we could not take a QB at all?

IMO if Ballard likes him enough to get him at 13 he will like him enough to jump in front of the Raiders. 

Also, the QBs past R2 are huge wild shots. If he takes one, I wouldn't expect much of him and I definitely wouldn't consider him our next QB. I would consider it a lottery ticket. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO if Ballard likes him enough to get him at 13 he will like him enough to jump in front of the Raiders. 

Also, the QBs past R2 are huge wild shots. If he takes one, I wouldn't expect much of him and I definitely wouldn't consider him our next QB. I would consider it a lottery ticket. 

So the only way that Ballard proves he likes a QB is by trading up or making a bold move?  If he doesn’t trade up they he won’t even take a QB. 

1 minute ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So the only way that Ballard proves he likes a QB is by trading up or making a bold move?  If he doesn’t trade up they he won’t even take a QB. 

7 of the last 10 QBs taken in the top 10 have been traded up for. 2 of the last 10 QBs taken in the top 10 have been no.1 picks(their team didn't have to trade up to get them). Teams trade up for QBs. If they love a QB, they make sure they get the guy they like. They don't horse around and take unnecessary risks that another team will take their guy before them or another team will jump them. QB is NOT like the other positions in football no matter how much people around here want to treat it just like another position.

BPA is thrown out the window when your team needs a QB and is in search of a QB, simply because the positional value is so much higher than any other position. The best DL in the history of football gives you about the same value as an average QB in the league. This is the discrepancy in value. If Kinlaw turns into Fletcher Cox/Chris Jones/Geno Atkins level player he will still be less valuable than the Andy Daltons of the world. 

On your question - no, Ballard might like a QB but might not be able to trade up to get him. He also might just stay put and get him, but IMO it's more likely that he jumps in the draft to get his guy than wait for him to fall. 

• Thanks 1

If Love is his pick. Ballard has fooled a lot of people on who he drafts and where he drafts. I’m thinking if Love is available at 13 and his intel tells him Love is safe for another 10 picks or so then he will choose BPA at 13 and move up with his 2nd pick or something similar.  I don’t think he ever abandons his method. Especially since Love is being slated as a late round 1st pick anyway by most gurus. Now if his intel tells him the Pats are moving up then I expect him to make a move as well. IOW, I expect him to follow his philosophy lest he look back and see how he lost big time value just because he panicked.

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

If Love is his pick. Ballard has fooled a lot of people on who he drafts and where he drafts. I’m thinking if Love is available at 13 and his intel tells him Love is safe for another 10 picks or so then he will choose BPA at 13 and move up with his 2nd pick or something similar.  I don’t think he ever abandons his method. Especially since Love is being slated as a late round 1st pick anyway by most gurus. Now if his intel tells him the Pats are moving up then I expect him to make a move as well. IOW, I expect him to follow his philosophy lest he look back and see how he lost big time value just because he panicked.

Panic?  Chris Ballard?  Umm, no.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:08 AM, stitches said:

most draft picks or lottery tickets, no sure things, remember leaf and trent