Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Edge or Reggie get hof today?

Fluke_33

On 2/1/2020 at 5:24 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Reggie didn’t make it as suspected. He is going to have to wait with Manning going in next year.

I would 100% be okay with them walking into the HOF together. That would be borderline magical and there will probably be a big media push for the 2

On 2/1/2020 at 3:24 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Reggie didn’t make it as suspected. He is going to have to wait with Manning going in next year.

That'd be great... but I'm not so sure.

Isaac Bruce had more receiving yards than Wayne and it took him 6 years on the ballot to make it.  

That said, with Bruce getting in this year, Reggie has a very strong case for being the best WR on the ballot next year.  He's got Torry Holt, Calvin Johnson and Hines Ward (Wayne has more receptions and receiving yards than all of them and far better post-season numbers).  Mega-Tron is the most talented WR of the group, but he didn't have a very long career and his numbers are down due to it.

In two years, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson and Steve Smith will all be eligible.  Wayne has slightly better receptions and yards than AJ, but Smith has more yards and Boldin has more receptions.

No doubt that Wayne gets into the hall someday.  Hopefully it's next year, though there is a pretty strong class with Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Logan Mankins and Jared Allen all being eligible for the first time.  I also think Alan Faneca has been waiting too long and has a decent shot at getting a nod over Reginald.

13 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

That'd be great... but I'm not so sure.

Isaac Bruce had more receiving yards than Wayne and it took him 6 years on the ballot to make it.  

That said, with Bruce getting in this year, Reggie has a very strong case for being the best WR on the ballot next year.  He's got Torry Holt, Calvin Johnson and Hines Ward (Wayne has more receptions and receiving yards than all of them and far better post-season numbers).  Mega-Tron is the most talented WR of the group, but he didn't have a very long career and his numbers are down due to it.

In two years, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson and Steve Smith will all be eligible.  Wayne has slightly better receptions and yards than AJ, but Smith has more yards and Boldin has more receptions.

No doubt that Wayne gets into the hall someday.  Hopefully it's next year, though there is a pretty strong class with Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Logan Mankins and Jared Allen all being eligible for the first time.  I also think Alan Faneca has been waiting too long and has a decent shot at getting a nod over Reginald.

I meant he probably won’t get in next year with manning getting in. I doubt they put both in at the same time.  

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I meant he probably won’t get in next year with manning getting in. I doubt they put both in at the same time.  

Oh, sorry.. thought you meant he is going to have to wait to go in with Peyton next year... not wait another year longer with Peyton going next year.  I don't know how that'll impact the voters, but I'd say Reggie's got no more than an OK chance next year with that group  of first-time eligible players in front of him (one being his former teammate).  

The two biggest knocks on Reggie's chances, IMO, are (1) He was WR2 for most of his career with Harrison being the true #1, and (2) the argument that he played most of his career with very good QBs (Manning and briefly Luck, with an obvious decline in numbers the year in between those two).  So yea, I can see that negatively impacting his chances with voters making claims that Reggie's a by-product of Peyton who should be unanimously selected.

51 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Peyton who should be unanimously selected.

He's clearly the GOAT. There are a few who might argue otherwise, but he's always in the conversation. If he's not unanimous, I'm afraid I'd have to blame Putin or some NK hackers because that'd surely be some pure silliness.