Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would the Colts have to give up in a trade for Derek Carr?

Really think this is going to happen. I think it makes the most sense. This team is a good QB away from really competing and Carr is a good QB. Would allow us too keep our 1st rounder and take a game changing Dline or WR. Carr’s game is perfect for Reich’s offense IMO. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

It seems like we might be able to get away with giving them our 34th pick. The Raiders are losing all the leverage with how public it is that they want Brady. 

Also kinda interesting. Seeing more of this. 

Between the Rivers and Carr predictions you wonder which one has the highest likelihood of happening.  It's really starting to feel like one of them will be our QB this year.  I can't see Ballard choosing Rivers over Carr if Carr is actually available though.  I'm sure we're already talking to Rivers and the Raiders by now.  Can't wait for the next rumor. 

The Raiders would have absolutely no leverage what so ever in trade negotiations if they sign Brady or are known to be aggressively pursuing him.

The only thing that would drive the trade price up would be multiple teams bidding for Carr.   If only one team is negotiating the trade I would expect it to be for a mid-level pick, such as a 4th or 5th rounder because Raiders would have to trade him no matter what's being offered.  If two or more teams are involved then I could see the trade value rising to a second rounder or maybe two 3rd round picks (2020 and 2021) instead of a 2020 2nd rounder.

2 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

It seems like we might be able to get away with giving them our 34th pick. The Raiders are losing all the leverage with how public it is that they want Brady. 

Also kinda interesting. Seeing more of this. 

Drama queen Brady isn't going anywhere. He will visit teams to get attention and create more "Drama" but in the end, will be a Patriot.

So let me get this straight.  Sources said we r going to trade for Carr.  Sources saya Rivers is going to sign with the Colts.  Sources say we r going to draft Love. So.....Rivers will start and Carr will b our back up. So who the hell is going to mentor Love???  And does that  mean that it wont b like 4 years till Love takes over the reigns?? Just saying. Sources.....sources...sources...................rubbish!! 

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So let me get this straight.  Sources said we r going to trade for Carr.  Sources saya Rivers is going to sign with the Colts.  Sources say we r going to draft Love. So.....Rivers will start and Carr will b our back up. So who the hell is going to mentor Love???  And does that  mean that it wont b like 4 years till Love takes over the reigns?? Just saying. Sources.....sources...sources...................rubbish!! 

Exactly!!!!!

• Like 1

Carr would be a great pickup for our 2nd round pick. I love his accuracy. I think he could be lethal with time in the pocket the Colts Oline provides.  We have solid RBs and TEs that would also help Carr succeed.

Draft a stud WR like Jeudy/Shenault/Lamb or DL with our first round pick and we’re ready to contend again in the AFC. 

Brissett could be our backup QB again.  His experience and knowledge of the offense could be very beneficial, unless he gets traded for a mid round pick.