Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign G Mike Mcglynn

CashMoney

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's young and seems to have some potential, as he was the starting C for a while over in Philly. He's been injured a lot during his career. Man, Grigs is making us the Eagles now with all these guys

Colts go where Peyton goes and Eagles come here? Wouldn't it have been easier just to work a three team trade lol.

He's young and seems to have some potential, as he was the starting C for a while over in Philly. He's been injured a lot during his career. Man, Grigs is making us the Eagles now with all these guys

It seems McGlynn comes from the Bengals, since they claimed him when Philly waived him in September last season.

and why are we still going through free agency? two words DRAFT DAY

When you have a team like the Colts who have MANY gaping holes you fill what you can first. That way you can hopefully key in on filling in the holes through the draft. There is no guarantee that anyone outside of Luck is going to be ready to be thrown in a starting role either. With that having depth to help ease the rookies I think is a pretty good idea.

Are we still in on OL Mathis, if he makes it out of Baltimore? And why not interest in Winston former Texans Tackle?

I read rumors that Mathis will most likely sign with the Ravens to replace Grubbs. For Winsotn, he would cost too much money knowing how many teams are interested in him.

I like seeing ex-Eagles because it shows me that Grigson likes these guys, which means they're probably pretty good. Either way, McGlynn could provide some much needed depth at the G. From what I saw in the 2009 Training Camp video, he seemed pretty good. Seems like a nice addition to the team.

Why would anyone complain about trying to get some talent that is cheap and actually was drafted and started at the NFL level?

Because they're still butthurt over losing marginally talented, oft-injured undrafted free agents who wouldn't start on any other NFL team, like Gary Brackett or Melvin Bullitt.

Well Redding was a Raven. This is what new GMs and new coaches do the first guys they get are normally guys from the team they left because they know them.

Did we sign a bunch of Panthers in '98? I think the Redding move was a good one. I just don't know about the lackluster Eagles. We will have to see.

Did we sign a bunch of Panthers in '98? I think the Redding move was a good one. I just don't know about the lackluster Eagles. We will have to see.

We did sign Cota and Poole who used to play for the Ravens and signed Bennett who was a former Bill one of Polian's old players there. I recall us bringing in Burris who was one of Polian's last draft picks with the Bills. When he went to the Panthers he took three or four old Bills with him there too.

We did sign Cota and Poole who used to play for the Ravens and signed Bennett who was a former Bill one of Polian's old players there. I recall us bringing in Burris who was one of Polian's last draft picks with the Bills. When he went to the Panthers he took three or four old Bills with him there too.

Don't forget Tyrone Poole. Both corners were Polian first round transplants.

Why would anyone complain about trying to get some talent that is cheap and actually was drafted and started at the NFL level?

Because it seems that alot of people here are myopic Manning-or-bust fans and have no real sense of "players come and go support the TEAM", "rebuilding" or "new GM", or "new coaches all around", or "salary cap issues", or that the team itself is the "NFL franchise owner's property".

I'm trying to give 'em a bit of a break since most of them probably weren't around for the pre-Manning 16 years. But patience is wearing very thin.

Because it seems that alot of people here are myopic Manning-or-bust fans and have no real sense of "players come and go support the TEAM", "rebuilding" or "new GM", or "new coaches all around", or "salary cap issues", or that the team itself is the "NFL franchise owner's property".

I'm trying to give 'em a bit of a break since most of them probably weren't around for the pre-Manning 16 years. But patience is wearing very thin.

Totally agree. I like the cut of your jib.

Formidable.

Don't forget 'Basketball' Joe Reitz!!!

Yes, I forgot Reitz and Linkenbach

It seems like our OL is getting some depth:

OT Anthony Castonzo

OT Ben Ijalana

OT Winston Justice

OT Jeff Linkenbach

OT Joe Reitz

C Jake Kirkpatrick

OG Matt Murphy

OG Seth Olsen

C A.Q. Shipley

C/OG Mike McGlynn

We signed Chad Cota - SS...............we signed Shaun King - DE..............I'm sure there were a couple more but those are the first two that come to mind!

I got Poole I said Cota and Poole right off the bat lol. We also brought in a former Panthers running back who got killed if I remember correctly.

Oops. My bad.

Scott Greene came over with Polian. Fred Lane came over in 1999 and was then murdered.