Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funchess

Patrick Miller

3 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

That's too long.  TY is getting murdered out there.  I think we need to make a trade

Id rather not give up an arm and a leg for diggs. If they would take a second, by all means, but I highly doubt it. Im kinda surprised the jags and vikings don't trade ramsey and diggs to each other. Makes sense for both teams

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Id rather not give up an arm and a leg for diggs. If they would take a second, by all means, but I highly doubt it. Im kinda surprised the jags and vikings don't trade ramsey and diggs to each other. Makes sense for both teams

One for the other is not happening.   Diggs is very good.   Ramsey is great. 

More would have to be involved.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One for the other is not happening.   Diggs is very good.   Ramsey is great. 

More would have to be involved.

Obviously, but im just saying they could be trade partners

5 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

That's too long.  TY is getting murdered out there.  I think we need to make a trade

TY is getting murdered for two reason.

1) He's a slight/small tiny WR1. Teams always try to mug the WR1 in terms of physicality regardless of who they are and what size. When that person is also slight in stature, it's typically more effective. When that WR1 is also a Z in a dink and dunk O, the opportunities for mugging grow (as opposed to a slight WR1 going deep). Any WR1 is always going to demand more double teams which amplifies the mugging....

And 2) because JB is overly dependent on him, and struggles with progressions. This means teams will mug and double even more, because they don't respect the QBs ability to find the next open guy. This is why teams will stack the box vs the run, double TY, and make JB beat them with the other WRs. 

We have a lot of receiving weapons on O. A lot more than most teams, even without Funchess. WR is probably near the bottom of what we need right now.

1) Ebron - yes, drops, but also the most TDs last year by a TE. Funch historically has a similar drop issues.

2) Doyle - Pro Bowler from 2017 and top 5 TE that year.

3) Hines - came close to setting rookie receiving records last year

4) Campbell - missed a lot of TC, but has been almost 80% in catch rate. If anything, they need to get him in space more with more targets.

5) Pascal - came on at the end of the year. Not sensational, but steady and a good blocker

6) Rogers - another steady and reliable guy who was the 2nd leading WR in yards last year.

7) MAC - another very talented big bodied pass catcher

8) Cain - on a pitch count, and also the biggest victim so far this year in terms of bad throws

Anyway, Funch is a possession WR. We have plenty of possession type WRs and TEs. The only loss of any substance (from being without Funch) is in the the Red Zone, and we're doing just fine there. We need to do better between the 20s.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Obviously, but im just saying they could be trade partners

Ok...

For whatever it’s worth, I saw a headline in the last 24 hours saying that JVille wouldn’t trade Ramsey for FIVE first round picks.   Not a typo.  5!

Now that seems crazy, and I don’t believe it.    I’m just sharing what the Jags are putting out there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

TY is getting murdered for two reason.

1) He's a slight/small tiny WR1. Teams always try to mug the WR1 in terms of physicality regardless of who they are and what size. When that person is also slight in stature, it's typically more effective. When that WR1 is also a Z in a dink and dunk O, the opportunities for mugging grow (as opposed to a slight WR1 going deep). Any WR1 is always going to demand more double teams which amplifies the mugging....

And 2) because JB is overly dependent on him, and struggles with progressions. This means teams will mug and double even more, because they don't respect the QBs ability to find the next open guy. This is why teams will stack the box vs the run, double TY, and make JB beat them with the other WRs. 

We have a lot of receiving weapons on O. A lot more than most teams, even without Funchess. WR is probably near the bottom of what we need right now.

1) Ebron - yes, drops, but also the most TDs last year by a TE. Funch historically has a similar drop issues.

2) Doyle - Pro Bowler from 2017 and top 5 TE that year.

3) Hines - came close to setting rookie receiving records last year

4) Campbell - missed a lot of TC, but has been almost 80% in catch rate. If anything, they need to get him in space more with more targets.

5) Pascal - came on at the end of the year. Not sensational, but steady and a good blocker

6) Rogers - another steady and reliable guy who was the 2nd leading WR in yards last year.

7) MAC - another very talented big bodied pass catcher

8) Cain - on a pitch count, and also the biggest victim so far this year in terms of bad throws

Anyway, Funch is a possession WR. We have plenty of possession type WRs and TEs. The only loss of any substance (from being without Funch) is in the the Red Zone, and we're doing just fine there. We need to do better between the 20s.

You are wrong about DF. He was going to be used a lot more then the red zone. That big body can beat the man press when everyone else is getting shut down.He was going to be used like Jeffrey in phili.  You saw the first game how DF was going to be used.

• Like 3

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

You are wrong about DF. He was going to be used a lot more then the red zone. That big body can beat the man press when everyone else is getting shut down.He was going to be used like Jeffrey in phili.  You saw the first game how DF was going to be used.

I did not say he would only be used in the RZ. I said the biggest loss of benefit was in the RZ. We have plenty of big body possession guys to feel that need.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

As far as WR we don’t.

He was going to be running a lot of snaps out of slot, which makes him almost identical to a TE in terms of alignment and route (big/bully slot is very close to TE).  When he lines up outside, he's not going to be a big deep threat. Most of the outside stuff would would have been back shoulder attempts which JB has been struggling at anyway. Back shoulder stuff is more about timing/route running and ball placement, than big bodied.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...

For whatever it’s worth, I saw a headline in the last 24 hours saying that JVille wouldn’t trade Ramsey for FIVE first round picks.   Not a typo.  5!

Now that seems crazy, and I don’t believe it.    I’m just sharing what the Jags are putting out there. 

I saw that.  I'm sure that was said as a response to a question.

They WOULD for 5 1st rounders, any team would i think.

I believe Jax mainly doesnt wanna get fleeced or lose face.

Personally, i like the stance of their management.  Hes an employee under contract.... play or sit.... its his move.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I found an ESPN article that said week 10 against the dolphins is the earliest he can return.

He should come back against the Dolphins as a primer for the real game return. If we need DF to win against the Dolphins, the team is in shambles at that point considering how they have been tanking. I do hope we get him back by then. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...

Well at the moment the Jaguars think they're a possible bubble team.  Not hard to see why they wouldn't trade Ramsey now because they seem to have a fighting chance.  We'll see what happens when they get a nice dose of cold water down the stretch

On 10/6/2019 at 4:25 PM, CR91 said:

I agree.   I'm sure Min would have to throw an extra pick in there, but the situation seems ideal for both teams.  It's out of conference  and addresses a need.  

2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Well at the moment the Jaguars think they're a possible bubble team.  Not hard to see why they wouldn't trade Ramsey now because they seem to have a fighting chance.  We'll see what happens when they get a nice dose of cold water down the stretch

But having an added piece is better than a sidelined Ramsey.

Take that back he can’t practice for six weeks so that would mean he can’t practice until after the Texan game or .They probably won’t make a move because the schedule and he most likely is back for either the dolphins or jags game. I think him and nick foles might end up returning at the same time which is the jags game.

17 hours ago, TonyBungee said:

I don't know what he'd cost, but I think Emmanuel Sanders would fit in nicely.  Sounds like he's on the block, great route runner, great hands.  JMO.

I'd like that trade only because  it's make broncos easier  to beat