Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly time yet?

Horseshoelife19

49 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

In a lot of people's minds, simply benching Brissett wouldn't enough, he needs to be replaced by the practice squad QB that all 31 other teams passed on.

Sometimes the guy on the bench is the one with the most heart itching to get his chance to prove everyone wrong.

images (24).jpeg

1 hour ago, GoatBeard said:

JB is currently on pace for 4000 yards, 40 TDs and 8 picks with a 100+ QB rating.

Chad Kelly went thru waivers, unclaimed, and is currently on the practice squad. Any team can just sign him to their active roster, and it doesnt cost them any compensation. Yet, here he sits.

C'mon man. 

Jacoby cant win games the rest of the team loses, and neither can anyone else. Especially Chad Kelly.

If he was that good you would think Chicago would have already signed him considering they have Chase Daniels and Cohen as the emergency QB

21 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Kelly isn't starting this season unless JB gets hurt

Agreed, then Hoyer if there's still a playoff hope.

20 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

If you can't get the game you should at least be able to check the stats

250 yars, 3TD, 1 INT.  The pick was particularly bad, but the stats still round up to decent.

Jacoby Brissett is on a 40 TD pace.  He isn't the problem right now.

He's not a fully well developed QB yet, but seems on the upward curve still; including dealing with rough days.

20 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Dropped balls absolutely killed Jacoby today, not faulting him for this one. The pick six was his fault but because of the drops we were never able to get back into the game.

Yes, but...  The tight end could have turned his route upfield in the seam and drew the safety over.  He did not, instead turning right into the LB. So the safety immediately reverses, drops off the TE to jump the route on the outside.

Xj4kDFd.jpg

17 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

So you didn't watch the game and just look at the numbers and "assume" Brissett played bad enough to bring Kelly off the PS to start.....? Wow....

At least 6 drops, all would have been first downs.....

An untimely fumble on a long completion to Campbell also didn't help LONG before the pick 6 - which was more of a great defensive play than a poor decision.

Yes, Brissett was just as effective as he's been all year, he just had very little help. Such is life in the NFL when your number 1 and number 2 receivers are out and the next best option drops 4 balls.....

I was pleasantly surprised JB was able to get us back within 1 score again right after the pick6.  But I had little faith the D would get a stop right now. Thus perplexed with the pooch kickoff.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He's not a fully well developed QB yet, but seems on the upward curve still; including dealing with rough days.

I think that's the thing above all others that keeps me optimistic about Brissett.   He's putting together good performance after good performance and yet is still tantalizing you with untapped ability.  He could be greater than he is right now.

I don’t think they will give Chad Kelly a chance seeing how much the Colts paid Jacoby. But the Colts should because Kelly is a better QB.

Jacoby is really a 20 points and 250 yards per game QB. And unlike A Luck, nobody in this league sees him as being a real threat in this backfield. How many total pass yards the Colts had at the end of the first quarter—-5 yards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

That completion % would have been much better without the dropped passes.  

Or if he didn’t force it into double and triple coverage.    Go look at the stats and tell me how many more completions he would have had without drops.   6-7 more maybe?  8-9?  

Lets say 9.     Which is Way to many but I’ll play your game 

That would put him at 61% completion.   

NOW let’s do that with every QB that played Sunday.    Give them all 9 extra catches because we’re blaming others.   

Where does JB stack up with them???? 

Give him him credit when he plays well.   Don’t blame others when he doesn’t 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Go look at the stats and tell me how many more completions he would have had without drops.   6-7 more maybe?  8-9?  

I heard 6, could be more.

No, 9 extra completions would make him 33 out of 46 which is almost 72%. Now if it was just 6 drops that were aught instead, then he's be 30 - 46 for 65%.  Probably past 300 yards too.

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think that's the thing above all others that keeps me optimistic about Brissett.   He's putting together good performance after good performance and yet is still tantalizing you with untapped ability.  He could be greater than he is right now.

Hopefully Frank opens the playbook.  I think the DC's of other teams have enough of the current tendencies and play calls.  But the young 'uns need to grasp it. Both the playbook/plays and the football when it comes their way.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Hopefully Frank opens the playbook.  I think the DC's of other teams have enough of the current tendencies and play calls.  But the young 'uns need to grasp it. Both the playbook/plays and the football when it comes their way.

you can't open the playbook with rookie wideouts.  Brissett isn't the limiting factor anymore, at least not until TY and Funchess get back.  We need to handle our struggling WR group with kid gloves for awhile.

This does not signify good things for the upcoming game at Arrowhead

46 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

you can't open the playbook with rookie wideouts.  Brissett isn't the limiting factor anymore, at least not until TY and Funchess get back.  We need to handle our struggling WR group with kid gloves for awhile.

They must get better every week, and show it on the field.
Same with JB, he can improve too.

This does not signify good things for the upcoming game at Arrowhead

Our D not getting consistent stops is more worrisome to me.  I hope we don't play a defense that gets renamed "bend until we break'.  We cannot keep up in a shootout. somebody on D will have to make a timely play here and there.

14 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

Or if he didn’t force it into double and triple coverage.    Go look at the stats and tell me how many more completions he would have had without drops.   6-7 more maybe?  8-9?  

NOW let’s do that with every QB that played Sunday.    Give them all 9 extra catches because we’re blaming others.   

Where does JB stack up with them???? 

Give him him credit when he plays well.   Don’t blame others when he doesn’t 

I don't really care much about the pass completion % for the game.   Every QB has poor completion days.    To me it was more about those drops being drive ending.   I just wanted a win and Jacoby played well enough to get a win.