Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

I will gentleman bet you that Vinny remains Colts kicker for the whole year, barring injury that puts him on IR.

I dont know , you might be right , but it's hard to see . He cannot even make an xpt. Ballard makes some good money because he has to make these decisions. 

I live in Iowa and  was reading play by play description over my phone and watching Chargers vs. Detroit on TV. Way to go Lions but after that game was over they switched over to the Colts game when the Titans had 4th down. I never felt so relieved when that pass went incomplete! Wow I let out  a deep breath knowing we didnt go 0 and 2. Again WOW!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who do we get? This is a concern because many games will be close this season IMO.

Yeah , I'm guessing Ballard has a list made already.  Or I would find it hard to believe he doesn't . I also cannot fathom they haven't had an in depth conversation either.  Do not know the kicker situation of other teams.  

• Like 1

I don't want to be too effusive with my praises because Mariota is god awful, but most of our young DBs did really well today. Both Willis and especially Hooker in coverage were tremendous. Wilson was great too. He got flagged for a play he shouldn't have been... he had 2 great coverage snaps at the end of the game. I loved what I saw from him.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

I don't want to be too effusive with my praises because Mariota is god awful, but most of our young DBs did really well today. Both Willis and especially Hooker in coverage were tremendous. Wilson was great too. He got flagged for a play he shouldn't have been... he had 2 great coverage snaps at the end of the game. I loved what I saw from him.

That flag on Wilson was ridiculous. Wonder what would of happened if Reich would of challenged it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It does not necessarily have to be QB.  The formula for teams winning,....unless you are the LAR...has been to get impactful players who play at high levels while still on their rookie deals.  That way, you get pro bowl/All pro play relative to cap hit and still have the ability salary cap wise to go get those high priced FAs to get you over the hump.  Superior talent at just about every position.     The Colts have lost that window because Kelly, Hooker, Nelson, Leonard, and Smith simply never played the "correct" positions for this formula, and now the Colts are bumping up against the cap...paying for every bit of talent it gets instead of getting a lot of it for "free".   Hopefully  JT, Pitt, Pierce, Woods, Rogers, Cross, Paye, and Dayo... rookie-deal guys in impactful positions, play like probowlers.  Could happen...they have the talent.  Maybe the Colts FO will be ranked in the top 5 in a few years.
    • Third and long, sure. Short yardage, red zone, goal line, probably need to be able to block to play TE.   I don't think his hands are suspect. I've watched plenty of his games, there are a few drops, nothing too alarming. His technique as a pass catcher is sound.   I don't know how you conclude I have things mixed up about his weight. He was 259 at the Combine, not 253. He's listed at 253 on the Colts site.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/2022-combine.htm https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jelani-woods/3200574f-4f50-0422-b6bf-870b499f48cd   You can disregard the college measurements if you like, they're generally not reliable. But 20 pounds is dramatic. Ok State (where he was almost exclusively a blocker) and Virginia consistently listed him at 275. ESPN listed him at 265. More importantly, Ballard said he'll play at 255-260, which is right around where he's measured/listed since spring. So the article stating the team wants him to put on 25-30 pounds is unfounded (and most likely comes from a misunderstanding of Ballard's "230 pounds of lean mass" comment). And he can certainly get stronger in his lower body without putting on such a significant amount of weight.   The comp to Mo is natural, although Mo is a slightly higher BMI guy and not as athletic/explosive as Woods. But when Ballard was talking about Woods and brought up Mo, it was specific to the challenges they'll face as blockers, given their height.
    • The list of bust is more than the list of successful QB's taken with high first round picks.  You mentioned the Bears and Fields (who is not a bust...yet) but you cannot forget the Bears with Trubisky.  That went for 4 years before letting him go.  
    • No need to rehash a bunch of history over Ballard's draft picks.  The rankings are opinions more than analytics.   CIN could have picked Tua, or traded down for something.  I'm simply saying that they maximized what picks they have had.   Like CIN with Burrow, the Colts were lucky Ryan became available, or else our FO might be in the bottom 16 right now (Autry and Houston for Lewis and Ben, stuff like that).  IMO.    
  • Members

• OregonapolisColtsFan

OregonapolisColtsFan 27

• Solon

Solon 149

• newb767

newb767 0

• Scott Pennock

Scott Pennock 3,425

• esmort

esmort 483

• Fat Clemenza