Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Thanks for your response, and I get what you're saying.  

I really want him to finish the season on a good note.

So do I. I hope whatever the issue is, it can be corrected. If not, I’m gonna enjoy every game regardless and try to appreciate watching the greatest kicker to play end his career as a colt.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Introspect said:

I know you view the Adam V as a demi-god, "legend", "the guy that should be the face of the Colts" but every story comes to an end. This is a business.

I don't want to remember Vinny like this.. Maybe you want to see this guy fall into the Abyss.

I ask you if a rookie performed this poorly but made a "55 yard game winner" would you still hold his jock?

"You can't be trusted when you're living in the past"- Public Enemy 

Other than the missed PAT last week, he has been great since week 3.  He hasn't lost distance.   His leg is still very strong.   He isn't going anywhere until the end of the year.    

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Other than the missed PAT last week, he has been great since week 3.  He hasn't lost distance.   His leg is still very strong.   He isn't going anywhere until the end of the year.    

If kicking was just about distance 50% of the kids in D1 schools could make an NFL roster but accuracy plays a great deal in the equation. I just hope the "end of the year" doesn't involve a wide left kick in the playoffs. Poor way for Vinny to be remembered.

22 minutes ago, Introspect said:

If kicking was just about distance 50% of the kids in D1 schools could make an NFL roster but accuracy plays a great deal in the equation. I just hope the "end of the year" doesn't involve a wide left kick in the playoffs. Poor way for Vinny to be remembered.

He hasn't missed an uncontested field goal since week 2.    Vinny will be remembered just fine.   Best kicker in the history of the league

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

All I’ve been saying is that he’s inconsistent

That's fair.  But did any Colt have a consistently good game against Denver?  Including coaches?

Going by the Broncos game, every Colt is inconsistent at this point.  Vinnys' inconsistency is just MUCH more noticeable than other positions because you can put a direct correlation to points on the board.  Nobody really had a "good" game Sunday.  And that was against a 2-6 football team.  :dunno:

The entire team was inconsistent and could be considered a "liability" had that been a playoff game.  But had that been a playoff game, Vinny would have had us advancing to the next round.  :thmup:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Introspect said:

I know you view the Adam V as a demi-god, "legend", "the guy that should be the face of the Colts" but every story comes to an end. This is a business.

I don't want to remember Vinny like this.. Maybe you want to see this guy fall into the Abyss.

I ask you if a rookie performed this poorly but made a "55 yard game winner" would you still hold his jock?

"You can't be trusted when you're living in the past"- Public Enemy 

This poorly being one missed XP and one missed field goal that may have been missed on purpose. Lol

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's fair.  But did any Colt have a consistently good game against Denver?  Including coaches?

Going by the Broncos game, every Colt is inconsistent at this point.  Vinnys' inconsistency is just MUCH more noticeable than other positions because you can put a direct correlation to points on the board.  Nobody really had a "good" game Sunday.  And that was against a 2-6 football team.  :dunno:

The entire team was inconsistent and could be considered a "liability" had that been a playoff game.  But had that been a playoff game, Vinny would have had us advancing to the next round.  :thmup:

Can’t compare different positions. It’s not an accurate comparison. That’s why players are compared to other players in their position, but other positions on their team.

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Can’t compare different positions. It’s not an accurate comparison. That’s why players are compared to other players in their position, but other positions on their team.

You said Vinny is a liability because of his inconsistent play.

Would an inconsistent DB not be a liability in pass coverage?

Would an inconsistent OL not be a liability in pass protection?

Would an inconsistent QB not be a liability when dropping back to pass?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Ok, fine.  Let's compare him to others at his position.

There is only one kicker in the NFL that hasn't missed a single FG or PAT this year, and his name is Justin Tucker, who is the best kicker in the game right now.

So every other kicker in the NFL is "inconsistent" to a certain degree.  There is literally only one kicker that you can claim MIGHT not be a liability come playoff time.

2 hours ago, BigQungus said:

The argument lies in the fact that he's already accomplished GOAT status. It doesn't matter if he falls off cause for 20+ seasons he already did it. 

But as the poster said, if he missed every kick for the next 5 years.  So if he went 0-30 for 5 years straight and 0-30 in extra points for 5 years, first the Colts would be a laughing stock and second his career numbers would suffer allot.   It would certainly affect his status as a legend.   He could still be thought of as the best of all time.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Then why'd you say "Nope" when someone else made this same statement?  :scratch:

Because I think he "could" not "would".    He would also be the worst kicker in the league for 5 years.  

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

Because I think he "could" not "would".    He would also be the worst kicker in the league for 5 years.  

So @ricker182 and others wouldn't be wrong to still think he's the GOAT?

Cuz that's not what came across with your "Nope" reply.

Maybe explain your opinion a little more next time instead of just "Nope"...  :thmup:

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ok, fine.  Let's compare him to others at his position.

There is only one kicker in the NFL that hasn't missed a single FG or PAT this year, and his name is Justin Tucker, who is the best kicker in the game right now.

So every other kicker in the NFL is "inconsistent" to a certain degree.  There is literally only one kicker that you can claim MIGHT not be a liability come playoff time.

Sure there are varying degrees of consistency/inconsistency. Adams ranked 22/32 in the league and is making approx 75% of his kicks. Assign whatever modifier to it you want but the end result is he’s either good or bad some games. If you don’t know what game is gonna be good and bad, that’s a liability.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Along with 30 other kickers.

Yes, but Only 9 worse at FG % and only 1 worse at XP %.   So he is currently more of a liability than nearly all other kickers.  

I hope to see him move up in those categories and think he should be given that chance.   We need to live with him the rest of the season unless he regresses back to how he started the season.   

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Lol. Only here.

21 pages debating our HOF kicker.

We love you Vinny! :hat::1colts:

You would think he missed the game winning kick with the way some of these people complain about him lmao . He more than likely will retire after the season so we might as well enjoy his last few games I say. One last thing, I still trust him over half the kickers in the league to make a game winning FG after last week. :thmup:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You would think he missed the game winning kick with the way some of these people complain about him lmao . He more than likely will retire after the season so we might as well enjoy his last few games I say. One last thing, I still trust him over half the kickers in the league to make a game winning FG after last week. :thmup:

Yes.. I'm taking it all in, and enjoying watching one of the greatest ever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The GOAT IMO. Me too Gramz. That game winning kick he made on Sunday was huge. The difference between being 4-3 and 5-2 is critical considering we have to play at Pitt now.

Could’ve been 6-1

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Did I say that?

Well why do you care if I call him a liability then?

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So are you saying he is not allowed to be criticized?

He is allowed to be criticized. I was so disappointed with him after the Chargers game and I let it be known. He was a reason why we lost that game. Being critical of him after this week though seems a bit lame considering he made a game winning 52 yard FG. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is allowed to be criticized. I was so disappointed with him after the Chargers game and I let it be known. He was a reason why we lost that game. Being critical of him after this week though seems a bit lame considering he made a game winning 52 yard FG. 

He put himself in that position though by leaving 4 points on the field. I’m stoked he made it but we have to be honest, had he made those kicks, even the one field goal, we wouldn’t have been in that spot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Could’ve been 6-1

Well why do you care if I call him a liability then?

Because if you are going to blame him for the loss to the Chargers and call him a liability, then he also won us 5 games this year and deserves credit for being clutch.

5 beats 1, especially when the one was the first game of the year and not a playoff loss.

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

He put himself in that position though by leaving 4 points on the field. I’m stoked he made it but we have to be honest, had he made those kicks, even the one field goal, we wouldn’t have been in that spot.

IMO he will retire after this season. I am just enjoying last Sunday and his last few games left. I see how the Bears kickers have done over the last 2 years and that is ugly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Because if you are going to blame him for the loss to the Chargers and call him a liability, then he also won us 5 games this year and deserves credit for being clutch.

5 beats 1, especially when the one was the first game of the year and not a playoff loss.

Like the playoff game last year where he missed kicks?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Like the playoff game last year where he missed kicks?

Now you're reaching.  Those kicks didn't lose us that game.  And they have nothing to do with our current record, either.

You can blame one loss on Vinny.  One.  That's it.  And he deserves criticism for that loss, but that's not a liability.

He gets credit for 5 wins, including his two game-winners.  :goat:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Now you're reaching.  Those kicks didn't lose us that game.  And they have nothing to do with our current record, either.

You can blame one loss on Vinny.  One.  That's it.  And he deserves criticism for that loss, but that's not a liability.

He gets credit for 5 wins, including his two game-winners.  :goat:

Ah ok so it’s his fault when we win but when I cite a playoff loss, which was his last game prior to this season, it’s not. Yep, makes sense