Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne Quote

ColtsPacersfan

From the Indy Star FB page. You go Reggie!!!! There is something Reggies that stays loyal to their teams. First there was Reggie Miller stayed Loyal to the Pacers and Reggie Wayne staying loyal to the Colts. All Reggies are great Reggies.

Just goes to show us fans. Don't believe every word what the talking heads says.

Indianapolis Star Sports

Colts WR Reggie Wayne on possibility of him playing where QB Peyton Manning will land: “That’s what you get for believing all of the Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning hype. It was a surprise to me because I didn’t know I was following him. They asked me a question about it and I said, ‘Yeah, I’d follow (Peyton) if the situation was right.’ I always thought of myself as a Colt. Don’t get me wrong, I came here to win. I came here to win games. I didn’t come here to fall off. So, the intensity is still the same and the agenda is still the same. We’re going to do everything we have to do to get to that point. As far as what the national media was thinking, that was their opinion and that’s cool because that was their theory. As you can see, they are dead wrong. I’m here in the 317, which is Indianapolis and I’m here for the rest of my career. Let’s go ahead and win while we can

From the Indy Star FB page. You go Reggie!!!! There is something Reggies that stays loyal to their teams. First there was Reggie Miller stayed Loyal to the Pacers and Reggie Wayne staying loyal to the Colts. All Reggies are great Reggies.

Just goes to show us fans. Don't believe every word what the talking heads says.

Indianapolis Star Sports

Colts WR Reggie Wayne on possibility of him playing where QB Peyton Manning will land: “That’s what you get for believing all of the Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning hype. It was a surprise to me because I didn’t know I was following him. They asked me a question about it and I said, ‘Yeah, I’d follow (Peyton) if the situation was right.’ I always thought of myself as a Colt. Don’t get me wrong, I came here to win. I came here to win games. I didn’t come here to fall off. So, the intensity is still the same and the agenda is still the same. We’re going to do everything we have to do to get to that point. As far as what the national media was thinking, that was their opinion and that’s cool because that was their theory. As you can see, they are dead wrong. I’m here in the 317, which is Indianapolis and I’m here for the rest of my career. Let’s go ahead and win while we can

'

He sounds like he really didnt want to leave but it hurt him that nobody called..

Glad to have him.

I wnat to win some games in 2012.....not 2015

Pwilson24 on twitter:

#Colts' Reggie Wayne: "Indy is home," and "I bleed blue and will continue to do so."
Yes, indeed, it was great to hear Reg's voice again. #Colts WR sounds psyched to help rebuild foundation.
Reggie was unsure he would be back with #Colts, says he "could have made a couple more pennies" elsewhere, but wanted to be Colt for life

He sounds fired up! Reggie is awesome!

This is what I like about the NFL. Players stay loyal to their organizations and play for a cause. Nice to see Reggie retiring as a Colt. Is Reggie a future HOFer?

Not sure, it is mighty hard for WRs with Chris Carter's production and Andre Reed's production to get into the HOF. I have to say only an outside chance.

There was only 1 Colts player that I have taken a picture with. It was while returning from the SB village, during the first weekend, outside Ruth Chris' steak house. It was Reggie. I am so glad he is staying. I even told him "I wish he would stay and that I would never forget the game winning TD in the 4th & 2 game". I got 1 pic on my camera phone and my digital camera that I will cherish for the rest of my life that he took the time for both pictures.

I am going to get a No.87 jersey for sure the coming season since I do not have one.

This is what I like about the NFL. Players stay loyal to their organizations and play for a cause. Nice to see Reggie retiring as a Colt. Is Reggie a future HOFer?

Impossible to tell. There's a pretty lengthy waiting list for Wide receivers more accomplished than Wayne right now, so who knows.

The way the HoF voters are with WRs it's not very likely. They are extremely picky when it comes to WRs.

Very happy we retained him. Him, Blair White, and Collie will be ok. Perhaps a 3rd or 4th rounder on a speedster WR would be nice in the draft. I don't think there were a lot of options for Reggie. I think the only team that would have been interested was Miami. I believe if he waited for Peyton to sign he would have got a bigger contract from them as they would have offered him a lot to appease Peyton. I believe Peyton probably told him he wasn't keen on Miami and once Reggie heard that...well he took what Indy offered him. Great deal for us....got a great wr at a GREAT price.

I'll admit, I had began to buy into what the media was saying--that Reggie wanted more money and wanted to go with Peyton...but In the back of my mind I kept saying, "But Reggie, you said during SB week that you wanted to only play in Indy... you said when you got here you didn't know anything about Indiana but now you are a Hoosier and Indy is your home..." I knew better...that's what I get for listening to too much NFL channel, ha!

Elated to have you staying Reggie. I've enjoyed watching you over the years, and I'll enjoy watching you finish your career in Indy. You don't belong anywhere but here. We love you, and don't doubt--you are a Hoosier (and a HOF in my eyes)!

Let's git 'er done Reggie!

I must say that I am very happy that Reggie is staying. To be honest, I would rather have Reggie than Garcon. I believe that once again the 'Skins overpaid for a player. Pierre was just too inconsistent for my liking. One play he makes an extraordinary one handed grab and the next he drops a pass that hits him between the numbers. Oh well, this thread isn't about Garcon. Sorry for going off topic. I am so glad that Reggie is a Colt. He gives Andrew Luck a conistent quality WR and he will be an example of what a Colt should be for the new players that are brought in. Good move!

Then he wouldn't have resigned with us...

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Wayne was going to command more than what he got. 33 year old receivers who never had height or speed don't get big paychecks. He's lucky to be getting close to 6 million a year. Teams aren't investing in a receiver of his age and skillsets to be their future, he would have been a role player.

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think Wayne was going to command more than what he got. 33 year old receivers who never had height or speed don't get big paychecks. He's lucky to be getting close to 6 million a year. Teams aren't investing in a receiver of his age and skillsets to be their future, he would have been a role player.

You must be fooling yourself if you don't believe a team would not have over payed for him. You really think a team would not have payed more for him, especially with how many foolish deals teams make? Teams would invest in him, because he gets results.

Listen Guys..Reggie had 5 offers on the 1st day. Let me repeat, REGGIE HAD 5 OFFERS ON THE FIRST DAY OF FREE AGENCY. He made no secret about wanting to come to the COLTS. Yes, the colts wanted to sign PIERRE GARCON in hopeing that he would be the next #1 receiver. How did that work out for you? I am giving you facts, so that you can stop this speculation about no one offering Reggie a Contract. He was offered more money than the Colts gave him, but Remember Reggie has been in this League for 11 seasons. He has made quite a bit of money, he has invested well and is set for life. Please believe me. So we can safely say that MONEY was not the deciding factor in picking a team. (1) Family (he has 3 kids, 2 of them under 2), (2) He is well established in Indy and loves it (3) the other 4 teams that offered Reggie a contract did not have a dome, and 3 of the teams were very cold weather teams, translation: His family would not be able to come to his games when the weather was bad. (4) he would have to sell his home, move his furniture and relocate to a new city.(nothing fun). Just like he said, he went into his office, put everything in a bowl, shook it up, and decided to stay with the colts.

Just believe what Reggie says, that he wants to have a hand in rebuilding the Team that he Loves(the colts)

Don't forget that his focus is being the best Leader that he can be, while giving it his all on the field, so when it is all said and done his stats will deserve consideration for the Hall, the utterment goal of all football players. I am not guessing about this, believe me, it is real.

LUCK TO REGGIE