Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyquan Lewis and Kemoko Turay Highlights

krunk

11 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Turay is headed in the right direction.

Once Turay is able to get himself into that true DE physique (250'ish+ lbs), he's going to be a heckuva 3 down DE for the Colts for years. He was quoted as saying that he was playing at ~235lbs last year and that's just not big enough to hold up for a DE in the Colts 4-3. The Colts bringing in Houston only helps Turay develop even more. I expect a jump this year, as he's had a year of NFL strength and conditioning, but next year I look for him to be the man and starting. 

I've voiced my opinions on Lewis and I'm still a little confused on what they are doing with him,  but I still hold out hope that they eventually turn him back into a DE like he was with my Buckeyes. I still believe he'd be a perfect replacement for Sheard after this year 

• Like 2

Unfortunately for Turay, We faced a lot of run heavy teams towards the end of the season like the cowboys, giants, dolphins, jags, and titans and he wasn't on the field as much because of that. Hopefully he gets to the 250 range so he can stay on the field, but I can see the colts playing with the formation on obvious passing downs to protect Turay and keep the rush fresh.

6 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Once Turay is able to get himself into that true DE physique (250'ish+ lbs), he's going to be a heckuva 3 down DE for the Colts for years. He was quoted as saying that he was playing at ~235lbs last year and that's just not big enough to hold up for a DE in the Colts 4-3. The Colts bringing in Houston only helps Turay develop even more. I expect a jump this year, as he's had a year of NFL strength and conditioning, but next year I look for him to be the man and starting. 

I've voiced my opinions on Lewis and I'm still a little confused on what they are doing with him,  but I still hold out hope that they eventually turn him back into a DE like he was with my Buckeyes. I still believe he'd be a perfect replacement for Sheard after this year 

I think all of our 3 Techs kind of moonlight as DE anyway.  So even if 3 Tech is what they want him to play Im sure he will still see many snaps at DE.  I can see where Ballard is going with the 3 Tech stuff though.  I thought he got some nice pressures from that spot at Ohio State when I watched the film.  I think Ballard likened him to Henry Melton from the old Chicago teams.

Add Banogu and the 2 vets Sheard and Houston and  we look like we have a nice rotation at defensive end. Which means these guys should be all fresh in the 4th quarter going up against a worn down offensive line. The best defenses are those that get a lot of pressure with only 4 guys just like the Mathis Freeney defenses back in the day. I am very excited to see how this years defense materializes. It definitely has a lot of potential

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

Add Banogu and the 2 vets Sheard and Houston and  we look like we have a nice rotation at defensive end. Which means these guys should be all fresh in the 4th quarter going up against a worn down offensive line. The best defenses are those that get a lot of pressure with only 4 guys just like the Mathis Freeney defenses back in the day. I am very excited to see how this years defense materializes. It definitely has a lot of potential

I'm interested to see what the rush looks like this year with all the improvements we made to the linebacking corps and in the secondary.  We should have much better coverage which will lead to more time for the pass rush to get home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I believe we are going to frustrate some QB's this season.

Man, I sure hope so.  I miss the days of Bob Lamey calling on Mathis and Freeney, saying on the radio, its about time for a sack and then one of them or both delivering on that, almost like they could hear him 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Turay’s Instagram is anything indication of his play this year he is going to be great. He had something on their a couple days ago about what it takes to be a great DE. I am very impressed with this kids work ethic.

One thing I have noticed with Ballard, he's targeting guys with HIGH work ethics and HIGH desires/motors.  I think he's passed on some naturally more talented guys for guys with good, solid talent but super-high work ethics. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

colts.com has him at 253 so that's nice to hear. I agree if he becomes a 3 down DE he will be a force hes honestly the player I'm most excited to see this season 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Part of me wonders if Lewis is really 269 lbs, or if he's closer to 285. He looks about the same size as Aaron Donald.

We may never know. Weights is an area where ALL men and women fudge on a regular basis, I would take it with a grain of salt.

If they are truly committed to moving Lewis inside, at his current weight, Lewis will be nothing more than a passing downs DT. If he can be healthy and gain enough to be 290+ consistently, he may be able to transform, but that's a tall order unless he's been fighting to keep weight off this whole time. 

Turay is a pure wild card to me. I can see him growing into a top DE, or staying staying status quo in that 2 spot and playing mostly on passing downs. 

Honestly I'd almost rather see Turay behind Sheard, and let Banogu learn from behind Houston. And my biggest wish is that they forget about Banogu at SAM and let him concentrate on technique and DE.

12 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Part of me wonders if Lewis is really 269 lbs, or if he's closer to 285. He looks about the same size as Aaron Donald.

We may never know. Weights is an area where ALL men and women fudge on a regular basis, I would take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: the timer timed out last night, so I had something to add.

We've all seem obvious lies about weight that even the players themselves laugh about. e.g. Vince Wilfork weighing "325", Fat Pat Williams weighing 317 when both easily weigh 50 lbs heavier.

Or Eddie Lacy weighing 228, LOL.

fat-eddie-lacy.png

10 hours ago, Irish YJ said:

If they are truly committed to moving Lewis inside, at his current weight, Lewis will be nothing more than a passing downs DT. If he can be healthy and gain enough to be 290+ consistently, he may be able to transform, but that's a tall order unless he's been fighting to keep weight off this whole time. 

Turay is a pure wild card to me. I can see him growing into a top DE, or staying staying status quo in that 2 spot and playing mostly on passing downs. 

Honestly I'd almost rather see Turay behind Sheard, and let Banogu learn from behind Houston. And my biggest wish is that they forget about Banogu at SAM and let him concentrate on technique and DE.

That is what Lewis will be. He was playing DE last year due to injuries. 

Going forward, he might get some snaps at DE against run-heavy times. But I don’t think invested heavily in Houston and Banogu if they were good with Lewis at DE. I think they see an interior pass rusher.