Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2019 NFL Draft Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

He's someone I continuously moved up my board as time progressed. He needs to develop some more moves on the outside, but he was extremely productive at TCU and had all kinds of TFLs. 

Then he goes to the senior bowl and has a good week and follows that up with a great combine showing his athleticism. He ended up as a mid-late second round grade for me.

He’s ranked #3 in this OLB class per ESPN, number 80 overall. Walter has him listed #4 at OLB and 75th overall. 

not a big fan so far. it's not like last year.

last year, i was happy with Q, happy with Smith, didn't know a lot about Leonard, but read up on him quickly and was impressed.

this year, i know both players well, and seems like there are better options.

biggest beef so far is we haven't addressed what most think are our 3 biggest needs (DT, S, and WR) and the talent left at those positions are dropping off fast.

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

not a big fan so far. it's not like last year.

last year, i was happy with Q, happy with Smith, didn't know a lot about Leonard, but read up on him quickly and was impressed.

this year, i know both players well, and seems like there are better options.

biggest beef so far is we haven't addressed what most think are our 3 biggest needs (DT, S, and WR) and the talent left at those positions are dropping off fast.

still plenty of S and WR left. agree with DT but other than Tillery there wasn't a lot there at 26 either.

DK has to be falling due to the medical. Parris Campbell has the same route tree but is 3 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter. 

I like both players though, and Parris has ridiculous potential if he can develop. Like Top 10 receiver potential.

From NFL DRAFT website page on Campbell >>>>>>> "Teams know he's a gifted athlete, but he needs to add more polish as a route-runner to become a well-rounded target".....Can the Colts let that guy who announced his pick work with him ???

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I gotta say you make arguments that you’d never accept from your students because they’re so superficial.      So saying Ballard has been mediocre to bad is tissue paper thin.  Why hasn’t Irsay fired this mediocre to bad GM?  Because he signed off on what Ballard did each year in real time, not after the fact.   Irsay knows Ballard has an eye for talent.  And as Ballard freely admitted in January, the Colts haven’t had more success because he failed to get the QB right.  These aren’t excuses, but it IS badly needed context — which you’d realize if you weren’t always looking for new ways to hate on CB.      As to what you and Moose “supposedly said”  there’s a simple way to verify.  Go to the Day 2 draft thread of Friday April 26.  It was between 3a and 4 my time when I saw it.  I believe it was recent.  Just add 2-3 hours depending on your time zone and you can see your conversation with Moose.   What was so astonishing, what makes me “prattle on” as you put it is how you two ever thought you were right?!?   Given your career choice you jumped to conclusions I’d like to think you’d never accept from your students.   Why you thought Ballard didn’t know more?  Why you thought you two knew better?   Ballard not only knows more, he knows dramatically more.  As I said in another post, he shared the tip of the iceberg.  He doesn’t share the part of the iceberg that you can’t see.  The 90 percent.  The absence of curiosity is stunning given your occupation.    Now, at the bottom of your post you brought up a new line of attack on me and I have no idea what you’re talking about?   I’m not an optimist?   Since when?  Based on what?   In my 12 years here, only 1-2 posters have ever made that claim.   So what are you talking about?     Finally….   You can stop calling me Sir.  It’s normally said with respect.  You don’t respect me at all.   I’ve extended olive branches publicly and privately, and both have been rejected.  Your choice.  So calling me sir is intended as an insult.   It’s old and boring.   Move on.   I don’t know why you “enjoy engaging with me”.   You take a beating.  But if that’s what you’re in to, be my guest.    Sorry this went so long….       
    • He loves you, you just don't know it (sarcasm) 
    • Cubs actually won one - beat the Giants finally.
    • Jared, put $50 on the Lakers to win it all. They are getting +4000 odds, you would win $2000, if you lose, you lose just $50. Hear me out, those odds will drop bigtime shortly because I think the Lakers will make a huge move to bolster their roster.    LeBron wins his 5th tying Magic and Kobe, Lakers tie Boston with 18. Perfect ending because LeBron looks like a hero + he just beat Kareem's record too. 
    • So….  You’ve been absent 7-10 days (more?) and you’re back looking to start not one, but two fights!  Okie-dokie!      If you want to call me names — fine.  I’d simply respond that my knowledge is counter-balanced by those who THINK they know a lot, but clearly don’t.   On to your other post.  That one is longer, and so will be my response.   
  • Members

• Dunk

Dunk 1,409

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,451

• AwesomeAustin

AwesomeAustin 2,486