Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Agency Day 2 and beyond.

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We would have to give up so many draft picks to get him.

Most likely but probably not on the same scale as the Mack trade.  There were other picks exchanged besides the two 1sts. to the Raiders.  Bears received a 2nd. back from the Raiders but gave up a 3rd.   It might just take two 1sts.  Who knows.   I can see a scenario where the Cowboys don't trade him during this draft thinking they can sign him.  Jones doesn't budge because he knows he still needs to sign Zak and Zeke.  The "impasse" stays in place and he refuses to report for workouts etc.  The drama and rhetoric builds and Jones wants no part of it.  He decides to trade him before the season starts.  This years Colts draft looks like another success so Ballard feels confident in trading for him.  Anyway it's just a scenario.  The Cowboys would be crazy not to get him signed.  But if he goes on the block I'm sure we will be one of the their target teams. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Raidersvare seeming to add several “head cases” this off season

childs play chucky GIF

They got it under control...

(Hey!  GIF button works!!  Check it out folks)

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Who would that be

Need to call the hospital/trainer.  That's where he is usually at...

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is taking a weird turn. You can see both sides. If the surgery does not go well he could lose millions. The cowboys don’t want to give him a new deal until they know the surgery was a success.

20 million a year they want to pay him?  But he wants more??  Crazy money

22 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we are going to draft another back he has to be better then Wilkins. Other wise it’s a waste. If we draft a RB it will probably be in the third round. Will we get a guy that can start and compliment Mack.

Just on the offensive side of the ball alone...   we have far more pressing needs than RB in the 3rd round.

WR,  OL,  perhaps TE....   and also, eventually,  RB.

I think if we draft a RB,  it'll be in R's 4, 5, or 6.

Typically,  if you draft a back in the 3rd round,  you're looking for him to start.   And that's not what we want.    Mack is our starter.    We want to strengthen our depth.    That comes on Day 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just on the offensive side of the ball alone...   we have far more pressing needs than RB in the 3rd round.

Typically,  if you draft a back in the 3rd round,  you're looking for him to start.   And that's not what we want.    Mack is our starter.    We want to strengthen our depth.    That comes on Day 3.

Well then we might as not even draft a RB. We drafted one in the fifth round that’s already on the roster.

28 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well then we might as not even draft a RB. We drafted one in the fifth round that’s already on the roster.

Maybe.   That's entirely possible.   A lot depends on how things shake out.   Can Ballard collect a few more picks along the way?    Hard to tell.    

Since we've not drafted this low under Ballard before,  it's hard to predict what he'll do.    I think most of us believe he could do most anything and it might not surprise.

Fascinating draft season.....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe.   That's entirely possible.   A lot depends on how things shake out.   Can Ballard collect a few more picks along the way?    Hard to tell.    

Since we've not drafted this low under Ballard before,  it's hard to predict what he'll do.    I think most of us believe he could do most anything and it might not surprise.

Fascinating draft season.....

Can't wait to see what Ballard does

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is taking a weird turn. You can see both sides. If the surgery does not go well he could lose millions. The cowboys don’t want to give him a new deal until they know the surgery was a success.

on a normal labrum surgery, it's a 3-4 month recovery per Dr. Google. 

i wouldn't sign him unless i know it went well. wonder how serious they doctors say it is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can’t wait for the draft. The draft is all new to me. Normally I am not  inteersted or care. I just care about the games starting in Sept. Ballard and this team this year have me really intrigued by it. I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who any of these guys are.

Blueshoe and Stitches are extremely intelligent regarding the draft, soak their knowledge in like a sponge. You can also PM me with any draft related questions regarding the Colts, and I'll do my best to answer. The draft should be a lot of fun this year with Ballard at the helm.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agree on the type of RB the Colts look for in the draft. It will be Day 3 IMO and complimentary to Mack and the gang. 3rd down pounder; can block; can catch. Lots of guys like that available from the 4th round on. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can’t wait for the draft. The draft is all new to me. Normally I am not  inteersted or care. I just care about the games starting in Sept. Ballard and this team this year have me really intrigued by it. I don’t watch college football so I don’t know who any of these guys are.

I'm exactly the same this year! Its hard, living on the other side of the world, to get any coverage. But im reading everything I can. 

My boss even commented that I'm becoming addicted to the Colts. I told him its too late, became addicted years ago!

Luckily he doesn't mind me spending all day at work on here!

• Like 1