Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early weather forecast for titans game

CR91

5 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

my worry is natural grass

(rain all day thursday and into friday)

...purdue vs. auburn friday to rip up the field 

and then we'll probably get a very lazy grounds-crew as ordered by a Patriot himself , Vrabel

How true that could be! Lets hope Frank gives them heck if they do that 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

and then we'll probably get a very lazy grounds-crew as ordered by a Patriot himself , Vrabel

Don't field conditions need to be approved by the NFL?

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

I don't understand that.  Why against the Colts?

The Colts rely on speed much more than the Titans do.   Rain also affects the passing game more than the run.  

Are you being difficult or do you not understand this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Colts rely on speed much more than the Titans do.   Rain also affects the passing game more than the run.  

Considering everyone in the nfl is fast, I don’t get this. If it rains, both teams will be affected. It isn’t going to favor one team or the other. Especially since Mariota could be out. 

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

Wind effects the passing game.

Sloppy field is advantage to the offense as they know where they're going, and ours is more diverse and creative. You'd think WE'D have the advantage. Especially since Andrew can run, and Mack seems to be able to keep his footing in the Buffalo snow game last year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Considering everyone in the nfl is fast, I don’t get this. If it rains, both teams will be affected. It isn’t going to favor one team or the other. Especially since Mariota could be out. 

10 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Wind effects the passing game.

Sloppy field is advantage to the offense as they know where they're going, and ours is more diverse and creative. You'd think WE'D have the advantage. Especially since Andrew can run, and Mack seems to be able to keep his footing in the Buffalo snow game last year.

I think what hes implying is, the rain makes footing more difficult which affects us more because we're more of a speed orientated offense then a power running offense like the titans have.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

great... wonder what'd happen if the field were to be unplayable?

21 minutes ago, Myles said:

Did not mean for it to sound as sarcastic as it did.  Was not my intent.  Apologies.

I just never understood the logic.  The slow field slows down everyone to me - not just the fast guys.

• Like 2

Just now, jskinnz said:

Did not mean for it to sound as sarcastic as it did.  Was not my intent.  Apologies.

I just never understood the logic.  The slow field slows down everyone to me - not just the fast guys.

That is not exactly true. Running on the imitation turf in LOS is a lot different then running on real grass. Players have even mentioned that is one of the fastest turfs to run on. Also rain tends to make speed players more timid to run full speed due to bad footing and not wanting to pull something. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CR91 said:

That is not exactly true. Running on the imitation turf in LOS is a lot different then running on real grass. Players have even mentioned that is one of the fastest turfs to run on. Also rain tends to make speed players more timid to run full speed due to bad footing and not wanting to pull something. 

IMG_0909.thumb.JPG.ac15ec34883d6543781ce2f4abd321d4.JPG

Just now, ricker182 said:

They didn't seem to care about the footballs they were using and allowed the pats to use the Colts' game balls.  

Why would they care about the field? 

completely different and that topic is dead and gone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

completely different and that topic is dead and gone. 

I don't think it's dead.   

I just love how the Colts were blamed.  

But to stay on topic, the NFL claims field quality is important, but reality tells you they don't care. They won't postpone a game like this unless not postponing  it would lose them money. 

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm just saying that I think a rainy, slower run based game favors the Titans more than the Colts.   Just like a dome game favors the Colts.   Doesn't mean we still can't win though.  

That's true. but considering the Colts run D, and if we get Kelly and Glowinski back, we might be the better run team on Sunday.