Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coltsfansince65

Our old friend Jerry Hughs has issues with the refs yesterday.....

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Has anybody seen this? Does anyone know what caused him to go off like this?

 

 

 

this was me after the Jags game at my house yelling at the walls :funny::sarcasm:. The REFS in general suck, the flag happy one's. There are a few that let the players play, I love them but it is just a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how he tried to play it off like this never happened when he was doing his interviews afterwards. That was even more hilarious.

 

Reporter: We saw you run after the referee after the game.

Hughes: What happened?

Reporter: We have video of you yelling at a referee in the tunnel.

Hughes: Uhh, I'd like to see the video.

Reporter: So you're saying you never were yelling at the referee about being called a 'B'?

Hughes: What did I say? What came out of my mouth? I said what?

Reporter: We have video.

Hughes: Okay... I'd like to see that video then.

 

:lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspension for Hughes coming down I bet.  The league can’t have * like him threatening their refs no matter how badly they stunk during the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I like how he tried to play it off like this never happened when he was doing his interviews afterwards. That was even more hilarious.

 

Reporter: We saw you run after the referee after the game.

Hughes: What happened?

Reporter: We have video of you yelling at a referee in the tunnel.

Hughes: Uhh, I'd like to see the video.

Reporter: So you're saying you never were yelling at the referee about being called a 'B'?

Hughes: What did I say? What came out of my mouth? I said what?

Reporter: We have video.

Hughes: Okay... I'd like to see that video then.

 

:lol:

 

 

What was Hughes called? Does anyone have the details on what provoked this exchange?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised there are not more players losing their minds over some of these calls the officials make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the refs have been historically bad this year, but is it really the refs, or all these crazy new rules the NFL tries to implement to protect the QB and WRs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I like how he tried to play it off like this never happened when he was doing his interviews afterwards. That was even more hilarious.

 

Reporter: We saw you run after the referee after the game.

Hughes: What happened?

Reporter: We have video of you yelling at a referee in the tunnel.

Hughes: Uhh, I'd like to see the video.

Reporter: So you're saying you never were yelling at the referee about being called a 'B'?

Hughes: What did I say? What came out of my mouth? I said what?

Reporter: We have video.

Hughes: Okay... I'd like to see that video then.

 

:lol:

 

 

 

What did Hughes say?  I couldn't make it out.  

 

Also, the captioning on the video is a little dramatic, it did not look to me like there was any attempt to "fight" the refs or that there was much physical restraint going on.  Just a couple of people trying to get Hughes to go to the locker room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

What was Hughes called? Does anyone have the details on what provoked this exchange?

 

9 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

What did Hughes say?  I couldn't make it out.  

 

Also, the captioning on the video is a little dramatic, it did not look to me like there was any attempt to "fight" the refs or that there was much physical restraint going on.  Just a couple of people trying to get Hughes to go to the locker room.

 

According to Hughes, a referee called him a "B-Word". Sorry for curse filter blocks it out. So Hughes ran after him into the tunnel and caused a bit of a scene saying how "he's going to get him, you better watch out" type of comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2018 at 1:27 PM, coltsva said:

IMO, he will  be suspended. 

 

On 12/3/2018 at 3:02 PM, JimJaime said:

Suspension for Hughes coming down I bet.  The league can’t have * like him threatening their refs no matter how badly they stunk during the game!

 

Well, there is a suspension, but not for Hughes yet.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-nfl-puts-ref-on-administrative-leave-after-he-was-accused-of-calling-jerry-hughes-a-b/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Well, there is a suspension, but not for Hughes yet.

 

According to the article, Hughes is not expected to be suspended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’d think I’d know by now not to jump to conclusions without having all the facts. Lesson learned (probably not). :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

According to the article, Hughes is not expected to be suspended.

 

I missed that, I guess I read it too quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good for the NFL to punish the referee for his derogatory words against a player. Can't have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Good for the NFL to punish the referee for his derogatory words against a player. Can't have that.

Actually the NFL is punishing the referee because he was accused of derogatory words against a player.

 

I don't think it's to punish a player based on an accusation and I don't think it's right to punish a ref based on an accusation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Actually the NFL is punishing the referee because he was accused of derogatory words against a player.

 

I don't think it's to punish a player based on an accusation and I don't think it's right to punish a ref based on an accusation.

 

He's been suspended before for the same thing in the past. So he has a history of this already. Accused or not, Hughes wouldn't make a scene over something like this for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

 

He's been suspended before for the same thing in the past. So he has a history of this already. Accused or not, Hughes wouldn't make a scene over something like this for no reason.

He has been suspended that is true.  And you are probably correct that where there is smoke there is fire.

 

That being said, at this point (at least at this point regarding the information I have read) it is still just an accusation.

 

To tie it into a Colts player.  Remember at the probowl when Harrison was accused by 3 kids of violently assaulting them?  The accusation later proved to be false, should Harrison have been suspended until the investigation was complete?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He has been suspended that is true.  And you are probably correct that where there is smoke there is fire.

 

That being said, at this point (at least at this point regarding the information I have read) it is still just an accusation.

 

To tie it into a Colts player.  Remember at the probowl when Harrison was accused by 3 kids of violently assaulting them?  The accusation later proved to be false, should Harrison have been suspended until the investigation was complete?

 

Sure, whatever investigation that should be done, do it. I don't know all of the details, he could have already admitted to his wrong doing, who knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

 

Sure, whatever investigation that should be done, do it. I don't know all of the details, he could have already admitted to his wrong doing, who knows. 

I agree they should investigate.  My only issue is the suspension based on an accusation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Already said, but just to repeat:   He will count $18.4m against the the 2019 cap, and $6.4m against the 2020 cap. Nothing after that.    I get why they're not making an issue of the roster bonus. I don't like the precedent that it sets, but this is a rare situation. And when superstars retire and get asked to pay back bonus money, it usually goes poorly (like Calvin Johnson). So clean break, and it keeps good relations between the team and the player moving forward. 
    • Probably not but he's who we have now.  It's up to Brissett and the coaching staff to prove that they can be productive.  I have a sneaking suspicion, no evidence mind you, that Reich and Co prefer Kelly but hes got to serve his suspension. Its Jacoby's job to loose and hes got my full support, if not my full confidence.  Bottom line is Luck is gone.  Fans will move on after week 1 and the organization has already done so.  Given the circumstances i think we're in the best hand we could be.  Nothing to do now but see how it plays out.  Love Luck, grateful for the past 7 years, but hes moved on.  One day is all it's taken me to follow suit.  He's gone fans,  Colts play with the QB's they have not the one they want just like '17.  We all get to see what they're made of.  Go Colts.    
    • We can’t we’re all to busy complaining so there can be no production what so ever! I just discovered gifs a few days ago if you all can’t tell!
    • Exactly. It was dark, but I knew we were set with Andrew Luck. Our team is as good(not considering QB) as it has been in a long time. However, I do not want to be the Bengals. They consistently were are a tad bit above average, yet never could win a playoff game as the competition became to great.    Here's to hoping Brissett is the man!! 
    • The signed a waiver rather than request he return it
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...