Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coltsfansince65

Our old friend Jerry Hughs has issues with the refs yesterday.....

14 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Has anybody seen this? Does anyone know what caused him to go off like this?

this was me after the Jags game at my house yelling at the walls :funny::sarcasm:. The REFS in general suck, the flag happy one's. There are a few that let the players play, I love them but it is just a few.

I like how he tried to play it off like this never happened when he was doing his interviews afterwards. That was even more hilarious.

Reporter: We saw you run after the referee after the game.

Hughes: What happened?

Reporter: We have video of you yelling at a referee in the tunnel.

Hughes: Uhh, I'd like to see the video.

Reporter: So you're saying you never were yelling at the referee about being called a 'B'?

Hughes: What did I say? What came out of my mouth? I said what?

Reporter: We have video.

Hughes: Okay... I'd like to see that video then.

:lol:

Suspension for Hughes coming down I bet.  The league can’t have * like him threatening their refs no matter how badly they stunk during the game!

3 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I like how he tried to play it off like this never happened when he was doing his interviews afterwards. That was even more hilarious.

Reporter: So you're saying you never were yelling at the referee about being called a 'B'?

What was Hughes called? Does anyone have the details on what provoked this exchange?

I am surprised there are not more players losing their minds over some of these calls the officials make.

the refs have been historically bad this year, but is it really the refs, or all these crazy new rules the NFL tries to implement to protect the QB and WRs?

18 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

What did Hughes say?  I couldn't make it out.  

Also, the captioning on the video is a little dramatic, it did not look to me like there was any attempt to "fight" the refs or that there was much physical restraint going on.  Just a couple of people trying to get Hughes to go to the locker room.

14 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

What was Hughes called? Does anyone have the details on what provoked this exchange?

9 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

What did Hughes say?  I couldn't make it out.  

Also, the captioning on the video is a little dramatic, it did not look to me like there was any attempt to "fight" the refs or that there was much physical restraint going on.  Just a couple of people trying to get Hughes to go to the locker room.

According to Hughes, a referee called him a "B-Word". Sorry for curse filter blocks it out. So Hughes ran after him into the tunnel and caused a bit of a scene saying how "he's going to get him, you better watch out" type of comments.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:27 PM, coltsva said:

IMO, he will  be suspended. 

On 12/3/2018 at 3:02 PM, JimJaime said:

Suspension for Hughes coming down I bet.  The league can’t have * like him threatening their refs no matter how badly they stunk during the game!

Well, there is a suspension, but not for Hughes yet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-nfl-puts-ref-on-administrative-leave-after-he-was-accused-of-calling-jerry-hughes-a-b/

27 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Well, there is a suspension, but not for Hughes yet.

According to the article, Hughes is not expected to be suspended.

You’d think I’d know by now not to jump to conclusions without having all the facts. Lesson learned (probably not). :)

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

According to the article, Hughes is not expected to be suspended.

I missed that, I guess I read it too quickly.

Good for the NFL to punish the referee for his derogatory words against a player. Can't have that.

57 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Good for the NFL to punish the referee for his derogatory words against a player. Can't have that.

Actually the NFL is punishing the referee because he was accused of derogatory words against a player.

I don't think it's to punish a player based on an accusation and I don't think it's right to punish a ref based on an accusation.

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Actually the NFL is punishing the referee because he was accused of derogatory words against a player.

I don't think it's to punish a player based on an accusation and I don't think it's right to punish a ref based on an accusation.

He's been suspended before for the same thing in the past. So he has a history of this already. Accused or not, Hughes wouldn't make a scene over something like this for no reason.

19 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

He's been suspended before for the same thing in the past. So he has a history of this already. Accused or not, Hughes wouldn't make a scene over something like this for no reason.

He has been suspended that is true.  And you are probably correct that where there is smoke there is fire.

That being said, at this point (at least at this point regarding the information I have read) it is still just an accusation.

To tie it into a Colts player.  Remember at the probowl when Harrison was accused by 3 kids of violently assaulting them?  The accusation later proved to be false, should Harrison have been suspended until the investigation was complete?

27 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He has been suspended that is true.  And you are probably correct that where there is smoke there is fire.

That being said, at this point (at least at this point regarding the information I have read) it is still just an accusation.

To tie it into a Colts player.  Remember at the probowl when Harrison was accused by 3 kids of violently assaulting them?  The accusation later proved to be false, should Harrison have been suspended until the investigation was complete?

Sure, whatever investigation that should be done, do it. I don't know all of the details, he could have already admitted to his wrong doing, who knows. 

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Sure, whatever investigation that should be done, do it. I don't know all of the details, he could have already admitted to his wrong doing, who knows. 

I agree they should investigate.  My only issue is the suspension based on an accusation.