Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bring back silver pants for an alternate

GusFring

1 hour ago, GusFring said:

baltimore-colts_indianapolis-colts_the-t

Those would look sweeeeeeeeeet. Can't decide if they should go full retro and get the silver/grey striped socks. 

Also would like to see the white on blue look. 

I always thought we should do the 84's as tribute one time!

37 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

What about the white jerseys with blue pants? That would be an interesting combo as well.

We did that one during the Harbaugh years, it looked good.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

When I see old films like in mid 70's the Colts blue looks more richer, and imo more appealing to me. I see on the chart that it is "royal blue". I'd like to see that color back.

I have noticed the blue is really bright campaign to the original colt blue. Irsay  had to get Reebok to adjust the brighter blue to more original years back. Think he needs to do the same with Nike. Would love the original back. On a side note, wish they would switch the different combos of uniforms from time to time. The classic look should remain the for the most part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always liked the gray pants/stripes.

Yeah, we did the white jerseys/blue pants in '95.

Not really on the topic of uniforms, but I was watching some youtube videos on the 70's Bert Jones era teams.  The cheerleaders, marching band and people in the crowd used to wear cowboy hats to go along with the whole Colt theme.  I don't remember, have we ever done that in Indy, or at some point did it just beome synonymous with Dallas?  I guess they do it in Denver, too.

1 minute ago, coltsfan77 said:

I have noticed the blue is really bright campaign to the original colt blue. Irsay  had to get Reebok to adjust the brighter blue to more original years back. Think he needs to do the same with Nike. Would love the original back. On a side note, wish they would switch the different combos of uniforms from time to time. The classic look should remain the for the most part.

Yeah, it was much lighter in the 90's.  Returned to the original color about 2003, I think.

1 minute ago, coltsfan77 said:

Would also like to see the bucking colt logo used on the field,  possibly in the endzones. I know it's more of a Baltimore thing, but they do sell merchandise with it. Guess that be asking to much, but from an original colt fan, it would be nice.

Just got the new field.  Not happening anytime soon. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

When I see old films like in mid 70's the Colts blue looks more richer, and imo more appealing to me. I see on the chart that it is "royal blue". I'd like to see that color back.

Didn’t irsay say he noticed that a few years ago and fixed it?   I don’t remember when but I’m sure I read it.  

Edit: see that this was covered