Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson is the first guard in NFL history to win Offensive Rookie of the Month recognition

stitches

4 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

So your telling me that by drafting Roquan Smith, Derwin James, or whoever the colts would have more wins? Highly unlikely. What he's trying to say is that Nelson was a great pick that has made the whole offensive line better. Zero sacks in last three games and back to back 100 yard rushing games from Mack. Oh but Nelson has nothing to do with this? We've had castonzo for years now and just maybe Q is helping AC up his game. 

You are spot on.

1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

So your telling me that by drafting Roquan Smith, Derwin James, or whoever the colts would have more wins? Highly unlikely. What he's trying to say is that Nelson was a great pick that has made the whole offensive line better. Zero sacks in last three games and back to back 100 yard rushing games from Mack. Oh but Nelson has nothing to do with this? We've had castonzo for years now and just maybe Q is helping AC up his game. 

Of course he had a lot to do with it.  Smith being able to play RT instead of G has a lot to do with it too.

I'm just trying to figure out why unprovoked comments were suggesting that this award validated devoting the sixth pick in the draft to him, unless the goal of the team is to accumulate as many OROTM awards for guards.

Its a nice thing.  And I'm glad he's on the team, but I don't get the chucklehead comments, that's all.

We used to say that we don't have to denigrate Brady to enjoy and celebrate Peyton's greatness. So, let us just enjoy the recognition and accolades that Big Q has gotten in its own vacuum. Well deserved!!! Hoping for more good things to come and keeping positive vibes. :) 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I loved the pick and like I said only a few others did in here, they wanted Defense. I don't blame them but picking a Guard or RB in the Top 10 is a sin in here for some reason. Barkley looks like Barry Sanders on a crappy team and some people are still throwing a parade we didn't have a chance to get him :dunno:

Yep, I was one of the few who wanted Nelson. I actually wanted both Nelson and Hernandez and was happy that we took Braden Smith. We needed an O-Line to protect Luck, and we have one now. Not flashy, but was vital. Can't believe people were complaining about the pick. This was the likely result that Nelson would be great. I bet they would of complained even if it was guaranteed he was this good. Just because they follow some outdated script that a G shouldn't go that high. If a pick is BPA and a need, take him. Nelson was the best G I've ever seen entering the draft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, I was one of the few who wanted Nelson. I actually wanted both Nelson and Hernandez and was happy that we took Braden Smith. We needed an O-Line to protect Luck, and we have one now. Not flashy, but was vital. Can't believe people were complaining about the pick. This was the likely result that Nelson would be great. I bet they would of complained even if it was guaranteed he was this good. Just because they follow some outdated script that a G shouldn't go that high. If a pick is BPA and a need, take him. Nelson was the best G I've ever seen entering the draft.

I wanted Nelson as our 3rd pick over Barkley and Chubb. With the trade it just makes it that much more awesome

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wanted Nelson as our 3rd pick over Barkley and Chubb. With the trade it just makes it that much more awesome

Yep, we get Nelson, Braden Smith, Turay, Wilkins, and the Jets 2nd round pick next year with that trade. That 2nd rounder of the Jets may very well be a top 40 pick as well. We are in good shape right now heading into next year's draft. 

I had Nelson, Chubb, Roquan, in that order. I thought Barkley would bust, but I was wrong there. Nontheless, I'm very happy with how the draft turned out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Um, because he was the sixth pick in the draft?  

Way to cut the rest of the post out.

You even posted that he was overrated.  If so, how is it possible that he is the first guard in NFL history to win this?  Where he was drafted is irrelevant. 

Let’s just put this argument of taking Nelson at #6 to bed.  We turned the #3 pick into Nelson, Smith, Turray, Wilkins and another high 2nd round pick.  That is maximizing value. Unless you get a franchise QB or a GOAT on defense you can’t even come close to the value we have received as of now. Things could change bc it’s year one but it is definitely trending upwards. In the end it doesn’t matter where we took any which player...the total value most likely outweighs anyone else we could have chosen. Mid season on year 1 the Colts absolutely dominated their decision with the 3rd pick. It could be the ultimate reason we WILL be a contender in the next couple years.

I’m dropping the mic now...Case closed. 

• Like 2

lmao....

We have a guy achieve something that's NEVER BEEN DONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE... after only playing 8 GAMES IN THE LEAGUE... and all people want to do is talk about how some WR would have better and we would have won more games..

Absolute, total nonsense. Cannot believe you people sometimes. You whine and cry for years to protect Luck and then they do, better than they EVER HAVE BY A MILE, and you still whine. Take your negativity elsewhere. We are LUCKY to have Nelson, Leonard, and all the other guys we got as a result of that trade. Q and Darious ALONE woulda been worth it. WAKE UP!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cynjin said:

Way to cut the rest of the post out.

You even posted that he was overrated.  If so, how is it possible that he is the first guard in NFL history to win this?  Where he was drafted is irrelevant. 

I didn't want to complicate the thinking for you by having multiple moving parts to my response.

But okey then,

A guard winning this award is overrated.

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Nice award.  I don't know if it helps us win games over having a pick #22 guard who would have been good enough to almost win the award.  

That probably doesn't make sense either.

Well being no other guard HAS ever won it I highly doubt that....

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, we get Nelson, Braden Smith, Turay, Wilkins, and the Jets 2nd round pick next year with that trade. That 2nd rounder of the Jets may very well be a top 40 pick as well. We are in good shape right now heading into next year's draft. 

I had Nelson, Chubb, Roquan, in that order. I thought Barkley would bust, but I was wrong there. Nontheless, I'm very happy with how the draft turned out.

You were definitely high on Nelson. Good work. I seem to recall you saying that he was the 2nd best player in the draft. Who was your top pick?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well being no other guard HAS ever won it I highly doubt that....

Many use this award to justify previous comments or attack others, even indirectly, by trying to link this award to some sort of draft day analysis debate.  In response to that unprovoked sarcasm, I was cryptically questioning how much impact does a G winning this award have on the W-L record.

This should be a nice thread about Nelson and his success and recognition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Many use this award to justify previous comments or attack others, even indirectly, by trying to link this award to some sort of draft day analysis debate.  In response to that unprovoked sarcasm, I was cryptically questioning how much impact does a G winning this award have on the W-L record.

It's been a Great Thread IMO. Nelson has been Great so far and we made the right pick, not to much more to look into it :thmup:

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I was nice until you arrived.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Yes I agree with the last comment. There's no need for I told you so's or petty crap. Let's just enjoy what we have and see where they can go. Arrow is pointed up. We just need to chop more wood :)