Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathias Farley to IR; More Injury News

TKnight24

15 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Actually, I would take issue with the first part. There are very few poorly conditioned NFL players in this day and age.  I challenge you to name me one injury this year that is a result of a player being poorly conditioned.  

Fair point. I did come across this article that echoes my contention. It seems players that have been injured or out for awhile due to other reasons, need time to get their legs (in this case, hamstrings) in game shape. I’m not saying it’s a majority but it has happened. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/edge/2016/08/18/hamstring-injuries-nfl-training-camps-new-england-patriots

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Fair point. I did come across this article that echoes my contention. It seems players that have been injured or out for awhile due to other reasons, need time to get their legs (in this case, hamstrings) in game shape. I’m not saying it’s a majority but it has happened. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/edge/2016/08/18/hamstring-injuries-nfl-training-camps-new-england-patriots

Interesting article, though it’s a couple of years old.  Quite frankly, I just assume that today’s NFL, teams all have a rigorous program of stretching as a means to try and prevent strains.  I do believe,though, that in many cases it’s just a combination of genetic biology acted upon by force physics.  The body is often times just not made for the speed and size of today’s ever increasing sized players.  In other words, in many cases, no amount of stretching and muscle buildup can wholly prevent these soft tissue injuries.

20 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I guess Mitchell gets the start at SS. I have that as a top 3 need in the draft for us as well.

He may start, but only after he recovers from the injury he got from signing his contract, lol.

I think Ballard now interviews guys to see how quickly the staff can get them to IR.