Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts NFL Defense Rankings (1st in sacks)

DraftMaster

It’s amazing how we went from one of the better offenses a few years ago, to a below average offense. And a terrible defense to one of the best in the league.

Imagine if our offense can get back to speed. We will actually be a great football team! It’s just hard to see a lot of ours favorite player, Luck struggling so much. 

• Like 3

Am I the one not thinking were THAT good on D? We're way better than before, but we still get gashed by the run and leave receivers/TEs wide open at times. We're very inconsistent. Even when its bad it tends to be real bad. I'm not going to call us one of the best defenses in the league until we become consistent. Im loving the potential though. However, 3 games is a very small sample size.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It’s amazing how we went from one of the better offenses a few years ago, to a below average offense. And a terrible defense to one of the best in the league.

Imagine if our offense can get back to speed. We will actually be a great football team! It’s just hard to see a lot of ours favorite player, Luck struggling so much. 

You're getting way ahead of yourself. We are nowhere near one of the best defenses in the league. Our defense is making a ton of plays (sacks, pics, fumbles, tfl amd 3rd down stops) and it's awesome but we are still very inconsistent. We are very young on D which allows room to grow and we still don't have all the pieces to the puzzle. Let's hope that we get to the point where we can give them a legit name.

13 minutes ago, bsteves said:

You're getting way ahead of yourself. We are nowhere near one of the best defenses in the league. Our defense is making a ton of plays (sacks, pics, fumbles, tfl amd 3rd down stops) and it's awesome but we are still very inconsistent. We are very young on D which allows room to grow and we still don't have all the pieces to the puzzle. Let's hope that we get to the point where we can give them a legit name.

We will drop once the more consistent defenses show that they are the more elite brand, but we ARE leading the league (tied for 1st) in sacks. We have only allowed 1 TD in two weeks of football. Those are signs of a very good defense at least.

I respect where you come from though since it has only been 3 weeks. It’s definitely a fair point

• Like 1

The funniest part, people were worried about where our pass rush would come from. I guess that's been answered. Now I know it's only been three games, but if they can keep this up all season, There's gonna be a lot of people eating crow on this forum. (Myself included) when it comes to the D