Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hooker play

compuls1v3

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He did alright he didn't let anything deep get past him....I just don't understand why hooker is in the SS spot and geathers is in the FS spot they need to switch

Huh?

The official depth chart is empty...

But when Smith threw deep Hooker was there like a free safety.   When Washington ran the ball Geathers came up to make a play like a string safety does.     What makes you think they’ve switched?    I don’t think they have....

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Did not watch Hooker specifically but I don't think this was a game for him to shine anyway.

1) Alex Smith is Capt Checkdown.

2) Saw a quote from Hooker that said having Darius Leonard in front of him makes his job easier.  

Will be interesting to see Philly air it out and see what he does.  Thanks everyone for the update!

2 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Will be interesting to see Philly air it out and see what he does.  Thanks everyone for the update!

Here is why you know Hooker did his job well.:  He may not have gotten an INT, but he obviously played 'back side defender' Very well, because Smith never threw in his direction.  NOT hearing a back end safeties name during a game is a good thing. Means he kept the QB scared to throw deep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Did not watch Hooker specifically but I don't think this was a game for him to shine anyway.

1) Alex Smith is Capt Checkdown.

2) Saw a quote from Hooker that said having Darius Leonard in front of him makes his job easier.  

No, mostly underneath stuff so no not a game for him to shine

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Here is why you know Hooker did his job well.:  He may not have gotten an INT, but he obviously played 'back side defender' Very well, because Smith never threw in his direction.  NOT hearing a back end safeties name during a game is a good thing. Means he kept the QB scared to throw deep.

True knowledge speaking.. Take note forumites:number1:

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

But when Smith threw deep Hooker was there like a free safety.   When Washington ran the ball Geathers came up to make a play like a string safety does.     What makes you think they’ve switched?    I don’t think they have....

They did switch I was at the game yesterday and week 1 you can see it when aj green caught that TD geathers was at the FS spot and hooker at SS look at it again.....it wasn't like that the whole game but it happened from time to time

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

Hell half the time they were in a dime with Fairley at safety and Geathers down in the box... as they should.

Correction: 29 of the 74 defensive plays Farley was at safety. Geathers and Hooker played 100% of the snaps.

What is interesting is this. Leonard obviously played all 74... but the other linebackers, Walker, goode, moore and franklin, only accounted for 49 of those plays. 

Both Hooker and Geathers (especially) played well yesterday.

Geathers looked more comfortable in the box ESPECIALLY down there with Leonard in the nickel.

Hooker did his job and kept everything in front of him and bracketed the receiver that needed it.

It all works in unison though. The corners, linebackers and safety's all have to communicate and read the play identically as well.

Hooker would have had a heads up fumble recovery had it been ruled correctly.