Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts IR List from Cleared Waivers

TKnight24

22 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Colts just can't cut ties with Green. Draft pick wiff they can't come to grips with. No other club wanted him so what value does he have?

I read in the last 24 hours that the two sides may try to negotiate a settlement that would lead to Green being released.

If/when that happens you’ll finally be able to sleep and your nightmare will be over.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I read in the last 24 hours that the two sides may try to negotiate a settlement that would lead to Green being released.

If/when that happens you’ll finally be able to sleep and your nightmare will be over.

I have a feeling that several of these guys will go through that process

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If that's true, then why waste the effort to put him on the practice squad?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

If that's true, then why waste the effort to put him on the practice squad?

I haven’t heard/read anything about Green going to the PS.    

If its true, I’d be in favor of it.   Maybe Ballard still thinks Green has enough raw tools to try and salvage.    And if not, then Green moves on. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Most of these guys will be offered an injury settlement, get released and pursue other opportunities I'm sure....

This is exaxtly right. TJ Green will settle with us then we'll release him to sign wherever.

I suppose there is an outside chance the team could talk him into staying on the IR all year, but I doubt it.

There also is a chance we release him with a settlement and he comes back to play for us this year.

"Injury settlements can also give a team a chance at getting a player back during that same season. There is a rule in place that the team (agreeing to a settlement) can’t resign that player until a minimum of six weeks passes following the amount of weeks of the initial settlement. So for our MCL example, the team cannot resign that player for the first eleven weeks. For a player who did a three week/3 game settlement, his team can’t sign him back until after week nine. However, the player is free to sign with another team."

Pretty solid article on IR/ injury settlements:

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com/what-is-an-injury-settlement/

• Thanks 2

On 9/2/2018 at 11:11 PM, rockywoj said:

It’s actually interesting that Green remains in the fold.  A physically talented banger that’s been way too injury prone so far.  But hey, patience, why not?  I have no problem with him beingvretained onIR,to have another go of it. 

I do.  He's not good, never will be good, and any spot he might take anywhere on this team, be it IR, practice squad, whatever....is a complete waste of resources.

54 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

I do.  He's not good, never will be good, and any spot he might take anywhere on this team, be it IR, practice squad, whatever....is a complete waste of resources.

While you may be right in the end it seems the coaching staff thinks otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, rockywoj said:

It’s actually interesting that Green remains in the fold.  A physically talented banger that’s been way too injury prone so far.  But hey, patience, why not?  I have no problem with him beingvretained onIR,to have another go of it. 

Me either if the coaches feel he can contribute later down the road. I don't understand why there are some who think they know better than those who have been working with him on a daily bases.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Me either if the coaches feel he can contribute later down the road. I don't understand why there are some who think they know better than those who have been working with him on a daily bases.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was under the impression he was put on IR.

He was, then colts reached a settlement with him and he was released. He’s a free agent. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...