Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Waiver Claims Thread

TKnight24

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Very weird

Thomas (6-0, 220) went undrafted out of Oklahoma in 2017. He played in 51 games and made 39 starts at safety for the Sooners, tallying 223 tackles.

Perhaps the Colts would put him back at Safety where he seemed to excel at Oklahoma?

28 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

a RT to do what?  be our 3rd stringer?  No one out there is going to come in and play ahead of Haeg or Webb.....

I think Austin Pasztor could.  He's 27, a vested vet, who has started many times at both tackle spots.  He might be a better option as a swing tackle until Ballard shores up the spot next year. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

After looking the roster over a bit...

I bet they cut the safety George Odum and send Tyquan Lewis to IR

I think Odum is a better football player than Milton. I know you need more CB's than safeties but I think Milton goes before Odum.  Or they could go with 11DB's. 

• Like 1

Just now, dw49 said:

I think Odum is a better football player than Milton. I know you need more CB's than safeties but I think Milton goes before Odum.  Or they could go with 11DB's. 

The only reason I see Odum getting cut (to make room for Corey Moore) is Moore and Odum are both safeties. Milton is a corner.

12 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The only reason I see Odum getting cut (to make room for Corey Moore) is Moore and Odum are both safeties. Milton is a corner.

Yes and I acknowledged that fact in my post. I just think that Odum has shown enough that the Colts won't expose him to waivers. This is my second prediction on Odum. I had him making the 53 at the expense of Green.  Hopefully I go 2-2 as I like Odum's potential.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I never really bought that Ballard would claim a bunch of guys this on this year's waiver wire. We have lots of youth/guys with potential at most positions, and I think he wants to see what we have in those guys.

I agree. I think he is content starting the season with what he has versus what is available after cuts. He let go of some decent players. Going to be an interesting start to the season and I am excited for Sunday. 

26 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Yes and I acknowledged that fact in my post. I just think that Odum has shown enough that the Colts won't expose him to waivers. This is my second prediction on Odum. I had him making the 53 at the expense of Green.  Hopefully I go 2-2 as I like Odum's potential.

I hope you are right about Odum. I have to wonder if the team is figuring on Milton as the starting gunner again?