In no particular order.....

Luck

Hilton

Kelly

Nelson

Castonzo

Doyle

Hooker

I would also probably put Jacoby Brissett on the list, as he is probably one of our 10 best players right now, hopefully some other guys break out and take his spot.

The last couple spots need to be determined during the season, but there is no shortage of guys who could make a claim with a strong performance this year.

Braden Smith

Eric Ebron

Marlon Mack

Jordan Wilkins

Jabaal Sheard

John Simon

Tyquan Lewis

Denico Autry

Hassan Ridgeway

Kemoko Turay

Darius Leonard

Clayton Geathers

Quincy Wilson

Nate Hairston

I think all of these guys will get an opportunity to make a name for himself. And hopefully, enough of them will capitalize.

My personal favorites to make the list are Eric Ebron, Hassan Ridgeway and Darius Leonard. Ebron is very talented and I just think people are sleeping on that signing, and what it could do for our offense. Ridgeway has been our best defensive lineman so far and looks great. Leonard is a huge upgrade over what we had last year at LB, and thats not a very bold statement. 

So much depends on health. Maybe we get lucky and everybody stays healthy? Maybe everyone gets hurt again? The Colts roster is not nearly as bad as people say, they have had horrible luck with injuries that have made it look worse than it is. If they were truly that bad off, how in the world did they lead so many games last year, despite being absolutely decimated by injuries? I think people are judging it purely on paper and forgetting that every team has a flawed roster, sans 1 or 2 at the most. You are competing against the league, not the ideal roster on paper. 

A team with Andrew Luck can't possibly be too far off. We aren't loaded by any means, and do need to continue to bring in more talent.  But I want us to focus on adding specific things. We need a top shelf pass rusher. We dont need any more complementary guys, we have several already. And we need a really good corner to play opposite Quincy, and allow us to keep Hairston as a slot. I also think we need to start thinking about a LT, hopefully one that can hold down RT for a year or two.

35 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

In no particular order.....

Luck

Hilton

Kelly

Nelson

Castonzo

Doyle

Hooker

I would also probably put Jacoby Brissett on the list, as he is probably one of our 10 best players right now, hopefully some other guys break out and take his spot.

The last couple spots need to be determined during the season, but there is no shortage of guys who could make a claim with a strong performance this year.

Braden Smith

Eric Ebron

Marlon Mack

Jordan Wilkins

Jabaal Sheard

John Simon

Tyquan Lewis

Denico Autry

Hassan Ridgeway

Kemoko Turay

Darius Leonard

Clayton Geathers

Quincy Wilson

Nate Hairston

I think all of these guys will get an opportunity to make a name for himself. And hopefully, enough of them will capitalize.

My personal favorites to make the list are Eric Ebron, Hassan Ridgeway and Darius Leonard. Ebron is very talented and I just think people are sleeping on that signing, and what it could do for our offense. Ridgeway has been our best defensive lineman so far and looks great. Leonard is a huge upgrade over what we had last year at LB, and thats not a very bold statement. 

So much depends on health. Maybe we get lucky and everybody stays healthy? Maybe everyone gets hurt again? The Colts roster is not nearly as bad as people say, they have had horrible luck with injuries that have made it look worse than it is. If they were truly that bad off, how in the world did they lead so many games last year, despite being absolutely decimated by injuries? I think people are judging it purely on paper and forgetting that every team has a flawed roster, sans 1 or 2 at the most. You are competing against the league, not the ideal roster on paper. 

A team with Andrew Luck can't possibly be too far off. We aren't loaded by any means, and do need to continue to bring in more talent.  But I want us to focus on adding specific things. We need a top shelf pass rusher. We dont need any more complementary guys, we have several already. And we need a really good corner to play opposite Quincy, and allow us to keep Hairston as a slot. I also think we need to start thinking about a LT, hopefully one that can hold down RT for a year or two.

Pretty good post and I agree with just about everything. I would say Autry has been the best DL so far though, and I think his absence was felt in the run game Saturday vs. 49ers. Ridgeway has been good, not saying he hasn’t. I just think Autry has been all around better. Ridgeway gets after the QB, no doubt, but he wasn’t much vs the run, IMO. And he wasn’t near as good vs the 49ers 1st team as he has been against the 2’s and 3’s this preseason, which is where his sacks have come from.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:02 PM, ztboiler said:

It does take some assumptions to do this exercise for this roster, as you suggest....

Top 13 since I don’t follow directions 

Luck

Hilton

Geathers 

Castonzo

Nelson

Kelly

Sheard

Hooker

Doyle

Simon

Ebron

Leonard

Autry

Spot on zt.
But i will throw a little curve ball and bump Ridgeway and Mack on the list for Simon and Autry. They can be stars in our system.   :rock::colts:
 Win or lose, i look forward to team building this season.

Luck

Hilton

Geathers 

Castonzo

Nelson

Kelly

Sheard

Hooker

Doyle

Simon

Ebron

Money

Green means go. The other two have to be in more games.

Special mention...Ridgeway, Rigoberto

(BTW, its really unfortunate that color and font are not available with an edit)

6 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Compare the current top 10 to:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Marvin Harrison

3. Reggie wayne

4. Edgerrin james

5. Bob sanders

6. Jeff Saturday 

7. Dwight freeney

8. Robert mathis

9. Dallas Clark

10. Tarik Glenn

.... ya we aren’t close to competing. It’s crazy to think how stacked we were in the mid 2000s

Yeah we were loaded back then, I still think our team now isn't as bad as people think. Are we the 2004-2006 Colts, NO but with Luck healthy now we can be Good again and fun to watch. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Marvin Harrison

3. Reggie wayne

4. Edgerrin james

5. Bob sanders

6. Jeff Saturday 

7. Dwight freeney

8. Robert mathis

9. Dallas Clark

10. Tarik Glenn

.... ya we aren’t close to competing. It’s crazy to think how stacked we were in the mid 2000s

And yet... our 2014 roster made it to the AFCCG against NE and competed into the 4th Q with a similar roster quality.  Our 2004 team with all those players got waxed by NE in the divisional round.

8 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Marvin Harrison

3. Reggie wayne

4. Edgerrin james

5. Bob sanders

6. Jeff Saturday 

7. Dwight freeney

8. Robert mathis

9. Dallas Clark

10. Tarik Glenn

Not to pick a knit, but I don't think EJ was on the team the same time Bob Sanders was.  If so, he was probably the slow version and not really top 10 by then, IMO.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not to pick a knit, but I don't think EJ was on the team the same time Bob Sanders was.  If so, he was probably the slow version and not really top 10 by then, IMO.

Played 2 years with Bob...ran for over 1500 yards both years.  Not sure, but that seems pretty good for a slow version.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

they were both here in 2004 and 2005, and james still put up some good numbers 

bob didnt really break out until edges last year here though 

8 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

1. Peyton Manning  (Taken 1st overall)

2. Marvin Harrison  (19th? overall by Bill Tobin)

3. Reggie wayne (25th? overall)

4. Edgerrin james (4th overall pick)

5. Bob sanders (Mid 2nd rounder)

6. Jeff Saturday UDFA

7. Dwight freeney (11th overall)

8. Robert mathis (5th rounder)

9. Dallas Clark (25th? overall)

10. Tarik Glenn (17th? overall pick by Bill Tobin)

Just adding some color to your list.  A #1, #4, #11, #17, #19, #25, #25.   7 of those ten are first rounders.  And two of those were taken way back before Polian.

BTW, where's Anthony Gonzalez and Tony Ugoh?  Our first round drafting problems have been around a long time.