Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mort Says Manning Gone (Merge)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, hey, to each it's own. Right now, we are speculating, we will find out tomorrow.

Lol, actually the Star is reporting the decision on PM and presser for tomorrow is premature, according to a source close to the situation

I still dont believe it. What gives me hope is Saturday about an hour ago on the phone did not know about this and M. Faulk who said he just recently s/w Irsay and Peyton and this was not the feeling he was getting and is VERY surprised. Its a glimmer, but I am holding on to it.

Why? Even players say the fans have that right. It doesn't make them any less of a fan. Now, booing a rookie Qb would be harsh, but hey welcome to the NFL

yeah that is true, but every game i have seen with the colts at home even on the road with colts fans there has been alot of fans with Luck jerseys or basically recruiting luck for indy as if he was deciding what college to go to. Luck may not be as great as manning but i believe IMO that he will be good enough to carry the colts. us fans gotta remember he is filling pretty big shoes, its not like he is taking over for Flacco, or alex smith where there would be no pressure to live up to their ability

How do league sources know this? Do the colts have to tell the NFL before they issue a press release?

And how come league sources don't reveal themselves?

And why is it mort this time instead of Shefter? Is Shefter on vaca?

Anyway, this is not how I saw this going down. I thought Peyton would stay so, I'm still holding out some shred of hope until I hear the Colts say otherwise

I'm sad though.

Well it certainly wasn't diamond Jim Irsay blabbing his mouth off. Oh no wait..it was him all along since the rob lowe tweets.

thats why i said its LIKE we're paying $10.4 for him to play elsewhere...i didnt say we ARE paying him to do so...

But it's not like that at all, because if reports are true, we're not paying him another dime. The cap hit has nothing to do with what he's being paid.

yeah that is true, but every game i have seen with the colts at home even on the road with colts fans there has been alot of fans with Luck jerseys or basically recruiting luck for indy as if he was deciding what college to go to. Luck may not be as great as manning but i believe IMO that he will be good enough to carry the colts. us fans gotta remember he is filling pretty big shoes, its not like he is taking over for Flacco, or alex smith where there would be no pressure to live up to their ability

If not now, at some point this is the case. And if not Luck, someone else. The circumstances being what they are doesn't make it any easier, but if fans can't get behind Luck as the new quarterback because Manning is gone, then they probably don't "get it," and they don't get that they don't get it.

This is why I was hoping for a smooth transition. Sort of an endorsement from PM on his way out

Nobody should be suprised. I felt this was coming for some time too. Actually suprised it took this long.

Thanks for the memories Peyton and best of luck in health in your life for the future.

I am ready to begin the new era.

What if ? (manning would have opted to NOT have surgery last march and just endured the discomort for another season) WOW, the whole landscape and infrastructure of the current Colts would be completely different. I can't even imagine how that decision weighs on Peyton right now. I'm sure he is still numb and indifferent about it all. I do feel for Peyton.

What if ? (manning would have opted to NOT have surgery last march and just endured the discomort for another season) WOW, the whole landscape and infrastructure of the current Colts would be completely different. I can't even imagine how that decision weighs on Peyton right now. I'm sure he is still numb and indifferent about it all. I do feel for Peyton.

I think he absolutely would have done that if he could. I think it got to the point where he physically couldn't throw the ball.

Folks, I just wanted to chime in a little here. I'm not a Colts fan, I'm actually a Packers fan but I wanted to drop by and say I feel for what you are all going through right now. While it's a different situation than what we went through with Favre, have faith that things will turn out. A lot of people thought Thompson dragged the franchise into the dark ages by going with Rodgers over Favre in 2008 and we all know how that turned out.

It's painful now and very well could be for the next few years. Hang in there. You may be mad as heck at Irsay right now, but have some optimism. You never know how things may turn out.

Cheers from Packer Nation.

I wonder if they'll tell us tomorrow or we have to wait until the 13th to find out Peyton's signed a new contract with the Colts?

If they are having the press conference tomorrow it means there is not going to be a new deal.

Otherwise the Colts would just release a statement announcing the bonus wasnt being picked up (while they continue to negotiate).

I think he absolutely would have done that if he could. I think it got to the point where he physically couldn't throw the ball.

well, I think he could throw ok but just had some pain, that 2nd surgery up in chicago disrupted things and it was just a minor procedure to see if they could take a bit of the pressure off of the nerve roots (FAIL), and so it goes and you are absolutley correct,,,, his abilty to throw got even worse.

If they are having the press conference tomorrow it means there is not going to be a new deal.

Otherwise the Colts would just release a statement announcing the bonus wasnt being picked up (while they continue to negotiate).

They've probably finished their negotiations. It's reported they've been together in Florida the past few days. They're probably on a plane heading for Indianapolis celebrating the cute way they plan on winning next years Super Bowl.

They've probably finished their negotiations. It's reported they've been together in Florida the past few days. They're probably on a plane heading for Indianapolis celebrating the cute way they plan on winning next years Super Bowl.

Denial is a powerful emotional state.

Either that or your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek.

Did you guys see that video of them in the car together? Sounded very chummy. Almost 'at peace' with everything. Either it's goodbye and they've come to terms, or a monumental ace up the sleeve is in store tomorrow. Ya never know!!!

We all knew this was a great possibility. It just really stinks to come to terms with it. The guy has left his mark on Indy. He's the greatest Colts player ever. It's going to be hard seeing him elsewhere. He'll always be a Colt at heart.

Thanks for EVERYTHING Peyton!

Did you guys see that video of them in the car together? Sounded very chummy. Almost 'at peace' with everything. Either it's goodbye and they've come to terms, or a monumental ace up the sleeve is in store tomorrow. Ya never know!!!

Link?

Thanks, but no thanks.

thanks that you are still in complete denial and didn't read what Manning told Ashley tonight at the airport? i get it, you are still in shock. get your ducks in a row, come back tomorrow, and accept the news.

They're probably on a plane heading for Indianapolis celebrating the cute way they plan on winning next years Super Bowl.

ah, so you DIDNT read the tweet i posted. they landed. peyton made "the comment". deal with it.