Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mort Says Manning Gone (Merge)

You just got a shout out on Sports Center ;).

Sorry I haven't been on since this past Summer, and what a terrible way to come back. This is going to be a tough, yet bittersweet end to an era. We're rebuilding and starting a new era... we now have a little cash to maybe throw at a Mario Williams/ Marques Colston to make us all feel a bit better.

Sad to lose The Sherrif, our captain, a hero, but he's still our #18. Best wishes Peyton.

Don't worry..

The Deputy is on the way.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The longer this drug out, the more I was convincing myself that him staying was a possibility. He really wanted to see him with one more shot with the Colts. I still believe that there's enough of a core here, and with a good draft, we could have made a serious run in what is a weakened AFC. But alas...

I will always be a Colts fan. I was before he got here, I will be after Wednesday. But Peyton is the best player I've seen play in a Colts uniform. He brought so much more to the Colts than a Super Bowl. He brought league wide respect for the organization and a brand new stadium. I'll always appreciate his contributions and will automatically have a second team wherever he ends up. Thanks Peyton.

sickening.

holding out hope that the PC will show that they are agreeing to a new deal.

If that were the case they would have just declined the option and then announced that he is signing a new contract or not even mention the option at all.

I hope Peyton stays within the division and makes Ol' Jim sorry. There's one lucky team right now that's going to be praising the heavens for Peyton's release. STUPID DECISION!!!! We're going to be wishing for some good "luck" when Andrew proves to be all hype.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 7, 2012 - no longer needed - thread reopened
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 7, 2012 - no longer needed - thread reopened

Why close the "Get Well Wishes" thread? Even if he is no longer a Colt (still unofficial, by the way), I still hope that he gets well and is able to come back full strength. It will be hard to watch him lighting it up for another team, but I still wish him the best.

I wasn't sure how it would be accepted now with fan wars going on. Didn't want it to turned into something negative. If you think it will be okay, I am happy to reopen. *edited* - reopened, thanks! :)

If that were the case they would have just declined the option and then announced that he is signing a new contract or not even mention the option at all.

They'd have to release him first in order for a new deal to be signed.

Its probably over though so it doesnt even matter.

Waiting for the presser tomorrow.

Dear COLTS

If the video and the various reports are correct and Peyton is throwing the way it appeared then I believe you made a huge mistake. I understand that decisions needed to be made and that in the end it is not what you did for me last year but what you did for me lately.

However, I think the way the Colts organization handled this entire situation was deplorable at best. You do not have the Lucas oils Stadium without Manning, you do not have the banners hanging in your building without Manning, your team would not have been feared if #18 was not the QB. The owner has become another J. Jones, all about his ego not what's best for the team.

If you were going to release Manning it should have been done in such a way as to show class, you have shown none Mr. Owner. For this story to be leaked and reported through Yahoo Sports is again deplorable. Good Luck in the future, I hope Luck turns out to be as good as he looked in college, but then again how many QB's have turned out that good? very few, and now you have lost one of the greatest QB's in NFL History and a long time fan (fan before Manning was a pro).

I will be sending you all the Colts gear I have collected over the past 20 years to make room for the new Manning Gear. I hope you enjoy a 1 and 15 record next year, and I doubt you make the post season any time soon. oh and I hope Manning delivers the promise he made when he was drafted, I hope he kicks your butt every time he plays you. Lets hope he goes to a team in your division. I don't care is I miss spelled any words, I am ticked.

I want to call this , Peyton Manning to the JAGUARS.

-in florida

-great running game he could win a game with 10-15 throws

-easiest division to win right now

-can show colts they were wrong

-bring wayne or garcon over and will be prolific.

-has a high draft choice

-stays in AFC, NFC up and coming with QB's and has better shot of winning in playoffs.

-groom Blaine Gabbert

I see this as a win win win for Manning. Would love to see him go their. Heck even bring over Tamme and/ or Freeney. Jags have been wanting to get over the hump for years.

Why should Peyton take lesser money to Stay with Colts

Because he has a contract that would financially hampered us, especially if he did not play. It was not a guarantee he COULD play or even WOULD play. I would like to see you buy a $28 mill ferrari without being sure that it even drives like one.

Dear COLTS

If the video and the various reports are correct and Peyton is throwing the way it appeared then I believe you made a huge mistake. I understand that decisions needed to be made and that in the end it is not what you did for me last year but what you did for me lately.

However, I think the way the Colts organization handled this entire situation was deplorable at best. You do not have the Lucas oils Stadium without Manning, you do not have the banners hanging in your building without Manning, your team would not have been feared if #18 was not the QB. The owner has become another J. Jones, all about his ego not what's best for the team.

If you were going to release Manning it should have been done in such a way as to show class, you have shown none Mr. Owner. For this story to be leaked and reported through Yahoo Sports is again deplorable. Good Luck in the future, I hope Luck turns out to be as good as he looked in college, but then again how many QB's have turned out that good? very few, and now you have lost one of the greatest QB's in NFL History and a long time fan (fan before Manning was a pro).

I will be sending you all the Colts gear I have collected over the past 20 years to make room for the new Manning Gear. I hope you enjoy a 1 and 15 record next year, and I doubt you make the post season any time soon. oh and I hope Manning delivers the promise he made when he was drafted, I hope he kicks your butt every time he plays you. Lets hope he goes to a team in your division. I don't care is I miss spelled any words, I am ticked.

Exactly my thoughts

ridiculous overreaction.Anyone who thought is was going to work wih Luck is delusional.Pm is old in football years,it's time to let Luck sew his NFL oats.They will be better off in the long run.

Guys like us who have been Colts fans more than a minute understand that things happen like this in football. I watched Unitas, Jones and Harbaugh leave....I actually feel bad for those, like FX Stryker, who have never known this feeling until now...but it was inevitable, unfortunately.

if mortensen is the one reporting it means manning's camp told him

sad day. andrew luck is going to feel the pressure, hope he is ready.

my hero is gone, i hope he lands in KC. I started watching football because of him, i didnt understand football back in 04 and he made it appealing to me. I have grown to be a colts fan, i will still suport the colts but i also want to see him win one more, and that team is ready.

Arizona needs pieces on OL, another WR, jets are a mess and Dolphins are switching to a 43. go to KC

Because he has a contract that would financially hampered us, especially if he did not play. It was not a guarantee he COULD play or even WOULD play. I would like to see you buy a $28 mill ferrari without being sure that it even drives like one.

He bought you a New ferrari ( Andrew Luck ) just by not playing.

He will hamper you huh.

Watch the fun now. If he plays in the same division or AFC, forget Colts going to playoffs till he retires.

Dear COLTS

I will be sending you all the Colts gear I have collected over the past 20 years to make room for the new Manning Gear. I hope you enjoy a 1 and 15 record next year, and I doubt you make the post season any time soon. oh and I hope Manning delivers the promise he made when he was drafted, I hope he kicks you A#$ every time he plays you. Lets hope he goes to a team in your division. I don't care is I miss spelled any words, I am ticked.

Good knowing ya'.

Take care of yourself.

This had better be a case of restructuring his contract. Period. Peyton: Take the insentive laid plan and whoop um'. Irsay: PAY THE MAN ALREADY!!!!!!

This is absolute horse crap. Peyton, I'll follow you where ever you end up. Irsay I have zero respect for you. ZERO. I just can't belive a man that made Indianapolis and Indiana a football loving area, give so much to Indy and the hospitals is on the verge of being let go. Irsay, Manning made you Billions and this is how he is repaid. You wont even let him finish out his career in Indy. Sickening.

All you posters that wanted Irsay to take his team back had to know that this was inevitable. I think it's a mistake and should have been handled much more professionally by Irsay. When did he decide he wasn't going to keep Manning? I seriously doubt it was over the past night or two.

I feel sad and hopeful at the same time. I want to say thanks to Peyton for all the great years and fun times he has given us and wish him all the best. I want to say good Luck to Andrew and I know you will be a class act and make us all proud to be Colts fans. Only my opinion but I absolutely think this is the right move. It is time to rebuild and get younger and better on both sides of the ball. This team needs to be more well rounded to be built to win in the playoffs. Peyton's career in Indy shouldn't have ended like this and none of us wanted to see it end this way but the perfect storm of circumstances many beyond FO control kind of forced the direction we have taken. I am at peace with it:)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say it isn't so. I just think it is horrible that after all he has done for the Colts and Indianapolis, this is how he gets treated. I understand that it's a business, and it has to be handled that way. But, seriously, couldn't Irsay have handled it with a little more class? I blame Irsay for the media circus. If we all remember, Irsay (most likely) started it by having Rob Lowe tweet that Manning was retiring. I'm sure Manning decided not to just sit back and take it. And I don't blame him. My loyalty will always be with Manning. He is a real class act.

And wasn't there any way they could keep him with the organization in some way? I am sure that Manning understands that business is business. I am sure that he realizes he isn't getting any younger. He isn't stupid by any means. But there has to be some sort of agreement that could have been in the best interest of both parties.

Peyton..........THANK YOU for all you have done for the Colts and Indianapolis. I am praying that some of you are right when you say that this might just be a ploy and Irsay might say he is going to stay. Somehow, I just don't think that will happen. Football season will NEVER be the same!

This had better be a case of restructuring his contract. Period. Peyton: Take the insentive laid plan and whoop um'. Irsay: PAY THE MAN ALREADY!!!!!!

This is absolute horse crap. Peyton, I'll follow you where ever you end up. Irsay I have zero respect for you. ZERO. I just can't belive a man that made Indianapolis and Indiana a football loving area, give so much to Indy and the hospitals is on the verge of being let go. Irsay, Manning made you Billions and this is how he is repaid. You wont even let him finish out his career in Indy. Sickening.

Dont worry, Colts are the new Cleveland Browns atleast till Peyton plays