Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mort Says Manning Gone (Merge)

hey irsay fire up the mayflower van cause the stadium is going to be empty you ungrateful butt he built that stadium 4 you 1st u ^chiz^ on unitas now manning up yours and goodbye 4ever

You were a credit to Colts fans, we'll truly miss you.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if ? (manning would have opted to NOT have surgery last march and just endured the discomort for another season) WOW, the whole landscape and infrastructure of the current Colts would be completely different. I can't even imagine how that decision weighs on Peyton right now. I'm sure he is still numb and indifferent about it all. I do feel for Peyton.

He had no option to avoid surgery if his goal was to ever play again. His arm never would have had any chance to recover. You are probably right about numb, though... in his right middle 2 fingers.

There's not much that could have been avoided here imo, just terrible luck. I don't know why there wasn't a contract restructuring, probably pride.

Sad series of events and conclusion. Looks like we'll be dominating the high draft picks for the next few years.

well, I think he could throw ok but just had some pain, that 2nd surgery up in chicago disrupted things and it was just a minor procedure to see if they could take a bit of the pressure off of the nerve roots (FAIL), and so it goes and you are absolutley correct,,,, his abilty to throw got even worse.

I think these statements are not consistent with everything I've ever read about this situation.

Oh, I wasn't referring to you.

I was referring to everyone who ignored it, and went on with the same argument we've been having for 2 months now.

I caught it, but chose not to respond until now.

Thinking back now, with hindsight, Irsay was prophetic about the possible fan response in his tweet, wasn't he?

At least half of this forum is coming out of the denial stage now. Relax people. We will be good again and sooner than you think. It is apparent the grieving over Manning process is going to take some time and that's understandable.

You're the one who is in a denial stage if you think we'll be good "soon".

No one can say when we will become a good Football team again, Andrew Luck guarantees us nothing.

Not to say he doesn't have potential, but accept the fact that we will be in the gutter for some years to come.

There are too many up and coming teams, and we're not one of them.

You're the one who is in a denial stage if you think we'll be good "soon".

No one can say when we will become a good Football team again, Andrew Luck guarantees us nothing.

Not to say he doesn't have potential, but accept the fact that we will be in the gutter for some years to come.

There are too many up and coming teams, and we're not one of them.

I didn't say soon. I said sooner than you think. I'll say by Luck's third season we will be a playoff team that is much more balanced on both sides of the ball.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, March 7, 2012 - response to removed post
Hidden by shecolt, March 7, 2012 - response to removed post

418981_289059627830532_224842480918914_708352_1709535669_n.jpg

And before Polian and Peyton, we missed the playoffs A LOT. Irsay has only made two good decisions in charge of the Colts... and he is firing both of them this offseason...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indianapolis_Colts_seasons

Scroll about halfway down and look at the Indy Colts...84-98 only 3 playoff appearances and 1, yes 1, Division Title... and this is the man so many think is "leading this franchise in the right direction". We shall see what happens, but its' not exactly like my confidence is brimming over Irsay's decision-making.

Just a suggestion for those of you who are taking this hard, but rather than lament the few years at the end that might have been, why not instead focus on the previous years that meant so much? I know that's what I'm doing and it helps put a perspective on things.

We were blessed as fans to be able to watch one of the all time great players play football for our team. This announcement changes precisely none of that. Every memory (good and bad) is still there. We'll be able to one day walk into Canton and point to Manning's bust and tell our children and grandchildren about the day we saw that kinda goofy looking guy with the big forehead come back against the buccaneers in what is probably the most improbable comeback in NFL history. We get to tell them about the time that we got to watch that guy finally beat his nemesis Tom Brady in the AFCCG on our way to win a superbowl for the city of Indianapolis. Something I honestly never thought would happen. We get to tell them about everything that happened in between.

All things change. That is the only constant of life and it seems that we now have to face that change. We can choose to either face that change with our heads held high, grateful for the past and looking forward to the future. Or we can choose not to.

Thank you Peyton, for all you've done for this team and this city. Wherever life may take you, you will always have a home in Indianapolis.

peyton_manning0205.jpg

"And I'm free........free fallin.

"Yes I'm free........free fallin"

Sorry but I ran out of likes on all the rational people before I got to you.

Look folks, I have something to say. Check yourself. We all get the fact that many here became fans because of Peyton and you are now done. If that is how you truly feel, then you are just leaving 3-4 years sooner than you would have. Thanks for your temporary support....it all is appreciated. Now on to the folks who are going to remain Colt fans. Please stop ripping Mr. Irsay...all right? There was an awesome team in Indy for you to support for over 10 years because of Jim Irsay. Don't let your self indulgence for pity cloud the truth. This owner gives. He gives to the players, he gives to the fans, and he gives to the community.

Why does everything have to be black and white with most people? Can't we be happy for the years we have had PM on our team (still hoping for a new deal with him), sad for last season, happy for the #1 pick, sad that we were so bad that we have the #1 pick, happy that we have a new coaching staff, happy that we have a new GM.....or sad that we have a new coach and GM, and feel all of those things WITHOUT HAVING TO BLAME SOMEONE?

For the love of Pete.....man up....or woman up....and deal with the emotions your are feeling without having to blame someone. Sheeesh. Venting is ok! Blaming solves absolutely nothing.

Not gonna lie. I kinda felt and knew he was gone for a while now. But, in the car when I heard the breaking news I got a lump in my throat and held back a few tears.

It passed, I mean the feeling.

It was like I knew it was coming but finally hearing it be just about official and knowing the time was here was a bit stunning. It was a brief but strong feeling of emotion that passed. Many many years of memories just fly through your head all at once too.

I remember going to Foxboro in 2006 and watching that amazing regular season game and finally feeling like it was the Colts time. Stuff like that.......Seeing Peyton to Marvin again. Dungy standing on the sideline.

The whole gang is gone. All of them. Well not all but many of them.......

"And I'm free........free fallin.

"Yes I'm free........free fallin"

Sorry but I ran out of likes on all the rational people before I got to you.

Look folks, I have something to say. Check yourself. We all get the fact that many here became fans because of Peyton and you are now done. If that is how you truly feel, then you are just leaving 3-4 years sooner than you would have. Thanks for your temporary support....it all is appreciated. Now on to the folks who are going to remain Colt fans. Please stop ripping Mr. Irsay...all right? There was an awesome team in Indy for you to support for over 10 years because of Jim Irsay. Don't let your self indulgence for pity cloud the truth. This owner gives. He gives to the players, he gives to the fans, and he gives to the community.

Why does everything have to be black and white with most people? Can't we be happy for the years we have had PM on our team (still hoping for a new deal with him), sad for last season, happy for the #1 pick, sad that we were so bad that we have the #1 pick, happy that we have a new coaching staff, happy that we have a new GM.....or sad that we have a new coach and GM, and feel all of those things WITHOUT HAVING TO BLAME SOMEONE?

For the love of Pete.....man up....or woman up....and deal with the emotions your are feeling without having to blame someone. Sheeesh. Venting is ok! Blaming solves absolutely nothing.

wow. post of the week for sure. someone pin this.

Woke up to this news. Oh well, it was kind of inevitable. Shame.

Been humming 'always look on the bright side of life' all morning.

It is not the end of the world, nor a tragedy. The bigger question for me, is will we see a lot less usernames with Manning in the title? I also giggled when NOLONGERACOLTSFAN became a new member just to say he was packing it in. Hilarious.

I'm now going on a Financial Training course this week, so I can get involved in most of threads. We used to talk football.

And finally, here's to a new (and sad) era with the new look Colts. Times they are a changing.

It is not the end of the world, nor a tragedy. The bigger question for me, is will we see a lot less usernames with Manning in the title? I also giggled when NOLONGERACOLTSFAN became a new member just to say he was packing it in. Hilarious.

I've noticed many new board members posting along the same vein. Maybe it is a result of a singular effort?

Guest Arrow218

He should go into a situation where he can get some more rings and show the world that he is the GOAT. The Jets seem to me like the best fit for him, the Dolphins and Redskins may need more than even PM to win a superbowl soon.

This is why I was hoping for a smooth transition. Sort of an endorsement from PM on his way out

yeah i was hoping for a smooth transition also... the press conference wasnt to bad both irsay and manning were very emotional they hugged an everything...but the drama that led up to this point in the back an forth talk between the two hurt that smooth transition alittle. both could have kept their mouths shut and just talked to each other....but then again leave it to the press to try to stir up problems.

But it's not like that at all, because if reports are true, we're not paying him another dime. The cap hit has nothing to do with what he's being paid.

again, if you comprehend what you read, you will easily see that i did not say that we were paying him another dime. i simply said we had a $10.4 million cap hit to cut him