Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mort Says Manning Gone (Merge)

Why would Irsay send this through ESPN? Why wouldn't he announce it via the website like he has all of the other major news this offseason. Going through ESPN would be a Polian move.

This is fishy, especially considering Chappel just tweeted the sides are still talking and there could be a resolution tomorrow.

Chappell also said the chances of Peyton staying were very very slim.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is going to be in the presser tomorrow, I heard. Any chance he might actually retire?

He said he wouldn't in the ESPN interview, so I'm assuming no, but you never know in this business. Remember, he does have 2 kids now.

Watch he's going to go to a team we face next year and he's just gonna whoop our butts.

So what...why can't fans look at the big picture in this? Peyton had a very good career here but there is no way you keep him under his present contract that would kill this franchise for the next decade.

We all knew this was going to happen. I was hoping the dream situation would happen where we resign PM to an incentive based contract and draft luck/trade pick but it looks like the realistic situation is happening. Well....can't say I'm surprised. Saw this one coming for a long time.

Are you kidding me? If he goes to Miami he will play Brady TWICE a year!!!!!!

Yes, but the Manning vs Brady rivalry was so good, because of the battles both teams (Colts and Pats) had. DOlphins and Patriots won't be the same, which is what I'm saying.

How do you know this isn't on Peyton? Maybe he didn't like the idea of going through a rebuilding process. Maybe he wouldn't take less money. You don't know what the story behind this is and neither do any of us. To blame Irsay or the Colts franchise in general is closed minded and irrational.

Excuse me Mr. Assumption. Did I say whose decision? Or did I place blame? I just said bad decision (which in my opinion it is regardless of which side made it). Get over yourself for jumping down my throat.

When Manning plays for the Colts, he makes them automatic contenders. Luck doesn't. He's not really holding them back. We could live without the Reggie Wayne's and the Garcon's, but it's going to be interesting to see how we do with PM.

This was true from 2000-2009 but no longer and people need to understand where this franchise is going into the 2012 season and what is needed overall to het back to the top and how lucky we are to have the top pick in this years draft.

ridiculous overreaction.Anyone who thought is was going to work wih Luck is delusional.Pm is old in football years,it's time to let Luck sew his NFL oats.They will be better off in the long run.

How many more shots you want to get in there?

Excuse me Mr. Assumption. Did I say whose decision? Or did I place blame? I just said bad decision (which in my opinion it is regardless of which side made it). Get over yourself for jumping down my throat.

If you say so, but I don't think its a bad decision at all. I think its the most logical decision for both sides.

I honeslt didn't want to believe it but seeing as it is true it's time to move on. Like all Colt fans everything Manning did for the organization will be remembered and greatly appreciated. It's time to start looking ahead. I will still wear my blue and white jersey proudly.

according to PM,it wasn't about the money,yeah right

I don't think it is about the money. Peyton ay best maybe had a couple seasons left and he knows the Colts are in transition and not going to be a contender till maybe 2014 and he wants one mote shot at the SB and that only happens with another team.

If this is true, Irsay Edit and Peyton Edit i cant believe you two cant work something out. Better get crap figured out you two. This is beyond ridiculous. Take an insentive laid contract Peyton and stick it to them! Both are to blame and both are being greedy. Period.

Edited by Coltssouth
namecalling

Nobody else really on this outside ESPN.

Dan Graham tweets both sides did try to work something out, but couldn't:

http://twitter.com/#!/coltsinsider

But no other sources - Brandt, LaConfora, King, etc. saying anything about this. So the other "big boys" of the sports world didn't get the same call Mortenson and ESPN got....

LaCanfora has now... Here's the link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8276b8c3/article/colts-expected-to-part-ways-with-manning-after-14-seasons?module=HP11_headline_stack

When Manning plays for the Colts, he makes them automatic contenders. Luck doesn't. He's not really holding them back. We could live without the Reggie Wayne's and the Garcon's, but it's going to be interesting to see how we do with PM.

Short term yes. I agree. But long term it might be better for everyone. Luck gets to start now and will likely progress faster, which also benefits the Colts.

The Colts will benefit with the extracap room during Lucks rookie contract, signing more talent for the short and long-term.

For Manning it allows him to finish his career in 3-5 years without feeling like he's holding back a family friend and amassing talent. Which is also better than playing for the Colts another 2 years then looking for another job.

If he's leaving, im guessing that he wants to comeback and play for many years, Irsay probably only wanted him for another 2-3 and then retirement. (My wish as well)

Short term yes. I agree. But long term it might be better for everyone. Luck gets to start now and will likely progress faster, which also benefits the Colts.

The Colts will benefit with the extracap room during Lucks rookie contract, signing more talent for the short and long-term.

For Manning it allows him to finish his career in 3-5 years without feeling like he's holding back a family friend and amassing talent. Which is also better than playing for the Colts another 2 years then looking for another job.

If he's leaving, im guessing that he wants to comeback and play for many years, Irsay probably only wanted him for another 2-3 and then retirement. (My wish as well)

I agree, short term it's bad for the Colts, but longterm it's better. With this release, we could probably resign all of our big free agents like Wayne, Garcon, and Saturday.

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 7, 2012 - no longer needed - thread reopened
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 7, 2012 - no longer needed - thread reopened
How many more shots you want to get in there?

Why close the "Get Well Wishes" thread? Even if he is no longer a Colt (still unofficial, by the way), I still hope that he gets well and is able to come back full strength. It will be hard to watch him lighting it up for another team, but I still wish him the best.

I don't drink.....

But I will tomorrow.

You just got a shout out on Sports Center ;).

Sorry I haven't been on since this past Summer, and what a terrible way to come back. This is going to be a tough, yet bittersweet end to an era. We're rebuilding and starting a new era... we now have a little cash to maybe throw at a Mario Williams/ Marques Colston to make us all feel a bit better.

Sad to lose The Sherrif, our captain, a hero, but he's still our #18. Best wishes Peyton.

If this is true, Irsay, your an *, Peyton, your an *, and i cant believe you two cant work something out. Better get crap figured out you two. This is beyond ridiculous. Take an insentive laid contract Peyton and stick it to them! Both are to blame and both are being greedy. Period.

Why should Peyton take lesser money to Stay with Colts , when his media crappy owner mouthes of about him. Also, Peyton wants to play for a long time, not one year baby sitting Luck so COLTS benefit.

Bottomline, Irsay didnt treat the way Peyton deserved. Fun begins now. Watch it.

I agree, short term it's bad for the Colts, but longterm it's better. With this release, we could probably resign all of our big free agents like Wayne, Garcon, and Saturday.

I personally see Saturday retiring and Wayne going to a team that has a better chance for a SB. Just my opinion of course.